Why are Chicagoans by far the best fans on Sup Forums?

Why are Chicagoans by far the best fans on Sup Forums?

The bears are extremely popular here even though they're shit

The bulls have threads every game, almost no other NBA teams do. They are also shit

The Blackhawks are one of the few furpuck teams to have regular gamethreads, and they're easily the most active ones.

The white sox have threads every game. They are extremely shit

Lifelong gay cubs fans since 2016 have been making threads every game since this september

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_cities_by_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_primate_cities
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying there is anything to do in Chicago

You have no choice but to shitpost online

Fuck off, we're horrible fans. Our teams are just shit so we've become self-deprecating, if/when the Bears get good again we'll become insufferable.

Idk what you're talking about, Chicago is a huge city with tons of stuff to do. It's just really goddamn cold so things slow down a lot from December to February.

*and Cubs fans are a little different, because we've been the object of the entire country's jokes our whole lives, which means that we get a little leeway about being insufferable pricks about winning. That will go away by the end of next season. Just look at how quickly the Red Sox went from "aww, they broke their curse, how sweet" to "they're just a discount version of the Yankees, only even more smug".

Cubs fans didn't exist two years ago

They existed everywhere but the difference is that most of them weren't so obnoxious with their freshly purchased merchandise, "W" flags and suddenly being all about baseball.

They did, though. The Cubs were getting great attendance numbers even when they finished dead last in their division 4 years in a row. They've also had a large fanbase all over the Midwest for decades thanks to WGN aggressively promoting them (even though, again, they were shit).

literally all tourists and [gay] people who wanted to get drunk

Lol, are you a white sox fan? I grew up around a bunch of them, and they all had this ingrained desire to start whining about gay people in Lake View whenever some points out how popular the Cubs are.

t. lifelong gay cubs fan since 2016

Lol, I went to my first Cubs game back in '96, when I wasn't even one year old. And I'm not gay, I'm just a straight dude who got super drunk that one time and kissed a tranny (in my defense, I didn't know it was a tranny, but I did enjoy it so I guess that makes me bisexual).

Chicago is the third largest city in the U.S.

/thread

Shit, is it really? Still? I thought Houston overtook us like 5 years ago.

but other cities are close and have jack shit for fans, like houston and washington

And LA and NY teams are less popular here also

nah won't get passed until like 2040 at current growth rates

Chicago is the poor man's Toronto

Nah, not really. Chicago is far more important from a banking/shipping/cultural/historical standpoint. Toronto does have more people, but it has very little going on, relatively speaking, and not much global relevance. It's like how Nanjing has more people than Los Angeles, but LA is far more important worldwide.

Toronto is a really nice city though. Helps that it's so close to Detroit, you get to juxtapose with a complete shithole of a city which makes Toronto look like heaven in comparison.

Chicago has far more people than Toronto

checking in

go ATL

I don't think that's true, at least within the city limits. "Chicagoland" (the metro area) has more people than Toronto's, but within the city itself, Toronto has more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_cities_by_population

Also, look how large Havana is on this list. No wonder practically everyone in my dad's family is from there, that's like 1/3 of Cuba's population! Crazy how certain countries completely revolve around just one city. And I've never even heard of Ecatepec de Morelos, but it's bigger than Philly.

>he doesn't consider all of Cook County to be apart of Chicago

LOL . how old are you ?

>Crazy how certain countries completely revolve around just one city

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_primate_cities

city limit is bullshit though, it's all the same urban sprawl

A part.

Apart means separate. How old are you?

>being this desperate to extend the arguement in your favor
>correcting grammar

LOL sad af tbqh

le 1 space off XDXD argument INVALID XDXD

kill yourself , i'm not even kidding, i've met some dumb mother fuckers on this board but you top the list. you dumb cocksucker

Retards on this site constantly use apart instead of a part and they mean completely opposite things

please just STFU. you're embarrassing everyone, most importantly yourself

I literally wrote that "Chicagoland" was bigger than Toronto's metro area, and I understand that we consider Cook County to be Chicago for all intents and purposes (I'm actually from Evanston). I'm only saying that the population of Toronto, as in the city itself ("within the city limits") is higher than the population of Chicago.

>embarassing myself
>on an anonymous morse code exchange

>I'm only saying that the population of Toronto, as in the city itself ("within the city limits") is higher than the population of Chicago.

and that irrelevant, you dumb liberal cuck.

LOL SORRY ASS HILLARY VOTER GETTING BTFO

WHATSS THAT FEEL LIKE WHITE BOI YOU VOTED SHILLLLLLARY AND GOT BTFO WHITEY LOLO FUCK WHITE PEOPLE FUCK LAKE COUNTY AND FUCK HILLLARY CRACKER

#TRUMP ni66a

stop embarrassing your country (as if that was even possible at this point)

>and that irrelevant, you dumb liberal cuck.
>LOL SORRY ASS HILLARY VOTER GETTING BTFO
>liberal

Dude I'm so conservative that I almost didn't vote Trump because he was too left-wing for me.

>WHATSS THAT FEEL LIKE WHITE BOI

I'm technically only half-white, my father is black...

Literal bandwagon tripfags.

\thread.

bitch ni66a you a hoe who wants to chain themselves to the BBC you little white nigger stfu hoe. you aint shit bitch. you cant jock shit whitey . GO BACK TO YOUR SORRY ASS WHITE SUBURB YOU DUMB FAGGOT ASS WHITEY

TRUMP

>chiraq talking shit about Detroit.
>literal murdertown

ISHYGDDT

as someone who works in the intermodal/transport industy capital of the world. im glad this is not Detroit.
farrrr from it.

Detroit murder rate: 43.5
Chicago murder rate: 15.1

Chicago barely even cracks the top 20 cities for homicide. Detroit is fucking second in the nation, with a murder rate almost three times higher than Chicago's.

*Also, this list is only including cities with a population of 250,000 or higher. If you include tiny shitholes like Flint and East St. Louis, Chicago doesn't even make the top 30.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

did Rbo die?

The Reddithawks are reddit, and there's tons of hockey gamethreads, second only to NFL games

That's only because of avatar fags, but people are wising up and reporting them now.