ITT: Albums absolutely ruined by vocals

ITT: Albums absolutely ruined by vocals

ITT: every album with vocals

too bad brainlets can't figure out what ideas the music is playing with if it's not explicitly said to them with language

What about the albums where the music isn't saying anything specifically because the singer is doing the talking?

The vocals are fine, they are not great but they are decent

>can't handle basic screamo vocals

Why are there vocals at all when there are flute solos? Can't they let the flute do the talking?

Any death metal album

this

i would never listen to your music

Have you not heard of Herbie Mann?

any sonic youth song with kim gordon on vocals

If you think this album has bad vocals you probably also dislike Jethro Tull

Screamo vocals are always shit without exception. Screamo is for children

This is a pretty lazy way of putting it, but people like the kind of vocals you'll hear in death metal for the same reason people like hearing Danny Brown. The tone/dynamic of the vocals and how they fit into the overall composition/aesthetic of the piece is what I've always been about, and I don't even understand clean vocals eighty percent of the time because of the way so many records are mixed. They could be singing about fucking a car muffler for all I care. Try imagining any death metal song with legible cleans replacing the harshes/gutturals. It's not that you can't, it's just that it doesn't sound right. At all.

Shit taste

agreed 100%, I would love to hear kerry mccoy play guitar on a indie/shoegaze album

every pop album ever

>not liking Steven Wilson's boyish vocals