Where the hell did this even come from...

where the hell did this even come from? what fucking planet was Danny on when he was coming up with this record when his producers were coming up with these beats?

this is some mind expanding shit, and I don't think everybody's gonna like it, I don't think everybody's gonna get

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h0boHcBFSR0
youtube.com/watch?v=n3yGeN1NDkU
flanch.bandcamp.com/album/flanch
youtube.com/watch?v=jwqJym5rjqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xxx is better.
i've heard more experimental beats from niggas from bandcamp
jfc get some taste

i want Warp to release more hip-hop. let's get Autechre to produce the next Aesop Rock album or something.

overrated garbage

Kys

you first summerfag

hmm... that might actually work

Good album but it's not really that weird or experimental

The best song (Tell Me What I Don't Know) is his only unique song because it sounds like nothing he's ever done
Rest of the album is predictable Danny

The best song is objectively Ain't it Funny

how can it be bad if theneedledrop gave it a 9/10

a good album by mr brown but i have to agree with others, XXX is his best work for me

You must be retarded if music can expand your mind.

maybe if you're from reddit.

thats not Lost

>le reddit ecks dee do i fit in yet??
Fuck off retard

Good choice, Lost to White Lines is a great run

>meme reply
typical redditt

Not a single mention of Paul White yet? He's pretty much behind every crazy Danny Brown beats and also the reason why Atrocity Exhibition is so great. I'm surprised he has no fanbase here.

youtube.com/watch?v=h0boHcBFSR0
youtube.com/watch?v=n3yGeN1NDkU

Sup Forums doesn't care about producers at all. they even bother looking up the samples or who produced it
bunch of children

What, specifically, do you dislike about it? What is more experimental, in musical terms, about these Bandcamp artists, and could you share some examples? Trying to get more into experimental hip hop :)

If the only rap I like are Death Grips and those japanese acts that are more house than hip-hop, would I like this?

Probably

> What is more experimental, in musical terms, about these Bandcamp artists, and could you share some examples?
flanch.bandcamp.com/album/flanch

>What, specifically, do you dislike about it?
i don't hate it. I just think lyrically xxx is way better. its storytelling of his life story especially when he gets more conscious towards the end
beat wise i think he did better with the odd samples choice on xxx better also
youtube.com/watch?v=jwqJym5rjqA
30 is easily one of the best hip hop songs ever made.

can see ppl who like dg and dance music like ae better because its flashier. but as somebody who grew up listening to nothing but hip hop and then going into other genres. xxx is far superior for me.

Probably not but go for it

>flanch.bandcamp.com/album/flanch
Sorry, I'm not schooled in hip hop, but it seems like you are. What should I be listening for here? What's experimental about it, that isn't present in AE?

>beat wise i think he did better with the odd samples choice on xxx better also
Like which? What makes them unconventional?

I just turned it on and what the hell is this? Have Danny or Paul White ever been in The Residents?

>What should I be listening for here?
i would encourage you to listen to the whole album and see for yourself and then relisten to AE. i don't see the need of forcing my own experience upon yours. we all interrupt music differently.

>What makes them unconventional?
the this heat sample for starters on adderall admiral.
quite unheard at the time for somebody to even think of rapping over that.

Its not that experimental you fucking pleb. It's just experimental samples chopped and looped into an accessible beat

i don't see the need of forcing my own experience upon yours. we all interrupt music differently.
Oh, I see.

Now I'm on around track 4 and I'm bored already. What was that first track all about? Does there exist an album or two that's just that?

I thought "yeah right" off Big Fish Theory sounded like something Autechre might produce if they went into hiphop (only more poppy really..)

Its pretty self explanatory

Really doe til dance in the water is fantastic, actually every song but from the ground is great

please, off yourself

Anyone who says XXX is better has no idea what they're talking about.

T H I S

what is this even supposed to mean in this context?

Its clearly Golddust, Dance In The Water, or Pnuemonia

this is the actual answer. thank you for making me aware of this will be looking more into this man's work

>all these people taking bait ITT

this is so true

AE is really nowhere near as weird/out there/experimental as people say it is

like seriously Danny gets so much hype but actual unique/innovative hip-hop like Shabazz Palaces basically go ignored.

>i've heard more experimental beats from niggas from bandcamp
This is true, but Danny actually has good production value.