Why is this considered their best? It has like three good songs

Why is this considered their best? It has like three good songs.

It has an Elder God Tier Side A that makes people forget their Mediocre Songs and Tommorow Never Knows Side B

I consider [spoiler]Tomorrow Never Knows[/spoiler] to be one of the good three.

"Tomorrow Never Knows" is one of if not their single best songs, and it has some of the best examples of their other styles. "Eleanor Rigby" and "Here, There, and Everywhere" are two of their best mournful songs, several songs carry on the boyish energy of the first several albums like "Got to Get You Into My Life," while maintaining the advanced songwriting ability first shown on "Rubber Soul." it also has one of the best George songs (the real mark of a great Beatles album), "Love You To."

It's because the Beatles finally created their own sound and don't mimic anybody else such as Dylan or the Byrds. And all of the songs are catchy and memorable.

It is one of their best. That is why I said it is the only non mediocre song of Side B

every Beatles album is wildly inconsistent, though. even Sgt. Pepper, the supposed Ur-Concept Album, has incredibly disparate styles just mashed against each other. granted, some of their albums mix in the mediocre or uninspired in with the great stuff better so you notice less than having a stark contrast between sides, but this is an unfair criticism to make while ranking Beatles albums vis a vis each other, imo

Yellow Submarine and Doctor Robert are admittedly weak, but every other song is great.

it's remarkable to me that an album with "Yellow Submarine" on it is even listenable, which I think makes it the best by default

you're forgetting for no one user, it is one of their best sad songs

Only summerfags keep posting Beatles threads, we all know that they are good, fuck off

Ok, but that is just good. Even Hello Goodbye is better

>Beatles
>Good
Summerfag detected.

great bait

WRONG
Hello Goodbye is a fucking T-Mobile commercial and I cringe every time I hear it.

You say that, but I say no

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

as opposed to like 1 good song on their other albums

Hello Goodbye is a third layer Paul masterpiece

You love it
Then you hate it because muh commercialized
Then you come round again because you realise it's still brilliant regardless.

Plebs get stuck on the second layer.

idk it just kinda sounds like an insanely generic pop song from the time and its been overplayed since the 60s

its really not special at all and doesn't even come close to the other better stuff that the beatles did

You got trips but don't know anything about music.
This album is almost perfect except for the song For No One

See above statement.
That's the only bad song on there.
Remove it and the album is perfect!

Revolver is good but Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, and MMT are better imo

Because Here, There and Everywhere is on it and that's the only reason.

Unironically this.

Their early ones are more consistent, especially A Hard Day's Night. They don't reach the same highs ad their later work but there's also less abject shit.

Even Let It Be is better than that