Can somebody please tell me where I would change the filter for our A/C? I Never changed these before :(

Can somebody please tell me where I would change the filter for our A/C? I Never changed these before :(

Has to be to the right of the red box.

Turn on a/c find anything with a vent.

Can it be on while I change the filter? Thanks anons

That, it's probably just out of frame of the picture. Between the silver ducting and base of the unit. Should be a sliver of colored cardboard with dimensions on it (like 16x25x1). If you only see an open gap, get good son and go buy yourself a filter

Take bottom cover off. Filter is inside.

>I'm an HVAC tech

why do you live in such squalor?

Acquire $18.
Have someone else change it.

its the big grill at the top, just grab a flat head screwdriver or crowbar and take it off

That's obviously an unfinished basement or garage, man.

thats a hot water system

this picture looks like it was taken in 1974

^this. Open bottom cover of furnace.

You're obviously retarded

Good thing an expert arrived. God knows how we'd have gotten that filter changed without him.

Looks to me like a furnace, not A/C. That said, the filter should be behind that bottom panel.

this is the right answer

> Turn off A/C
> Take off panel with the two black screws
> Pull out old air filter
>Vacuum surrounding area of dust
>place new filter, making sure it points to the right air flow
>put panel cover back
>turn on A/C

That's what those two black knobs are for idiot

>you have 15 seconds before it overloads and explodes

You'd have to hate money to pay someone to change your air filter
It's literally the easiest maintenance a homeowner can do

HVACfag here I see you have an inline filter set up, first you have to disconnect the silver pipe on the left side of the furnace, then to find the direction of the airflow light a match and see which way the flame leans. Probably better if you have flame real close to the pipe, so you don't get the direction wrong.

Make sure it's the 3/4 in line not the 4"pipe that would just be stupid.

Gooooogle

hvac engineer here. you don't need to change filters, its just a con. make sure its powered on and pour a bucket of water over the entire thing, it will self clean the filters.

That's only if it's a heat pump, go with the pipe flame method.