Bleeps confirmed patrician

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic Dance Music/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Breakbeat hardcore is better than jungle

>this destroys the rocktard

>not a single bleep album in his top 100

bleeps ain't about albums

Breaks aren't bleeps and he called techno and house shit.

He doesn't actually have an overall top 100, all his lists are by genre.

All his lists are garbage except to find some obscure artists he dug up in order to maintain an image of eclectic, contrarian taste. That's the only purpose he serves. His writing is trite, obviously unresearched, dago shit.

He gave an Orbital album an 8/10.

so? he's given hundreds of 8/10s.

not one bleep album has a 9/10.

he has a list of overall "profound" works or some shit and its mostly jazz and classical.

How does one into 90s jungle and hardcore? Was it simply something that you had to be a part of to really understand, or is it possible to vicariously live through via music, reading, and documentaries like prog (to an extent ) is?

he put stockhausen over every rock album ever
and klaus is hella bleeps

Stockhausen isn't bleep retard

house is my least favorite genre

i put it below k pop and mariachi cover bands

i doubt i've ever read a more ignorant comment in my life

yea, edm is a singles/mix based genre

edm isn't a genre retard

lmfao get taste

BUILD THAT WALL

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic Dance Music/

i emailed scaruffi my album to see how he'd rate it and he replied to me within 3 hours "not time right now maybe in the future, life is too short"

what the fuck are you talking about Stockhausen didn't write bleeps

he wrote elektoniche musik

you can still get into it like any genre, i dunno why would it be different

as a starting point you could grab a book or something. Energy Flash by simon reynolds is a good entry guide imo and you can easily find it as a pdf; once you get into some of the essential stuff then you can make your way via checking forgotten singles of the subgenres you like the most, labels, compilations and stuff

have fun

>music can only be listened to in albums
the sooner you grow out of this mindset the better

>jungle or drum & bass (...) variant of house
this doesn't sound accurate imo