Redpill me on these guys

redpill me on these guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuUphbx-Tu0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4VW62tths
youtube.com/watch?v=bCmLtxJCkeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buddy Holly and the Crickets tribute band, and one of them was a wife beater.

they're shit
listen to this instead

Memes aside, they're one of the most influential bands ever, they pioneered a lot of new techniques in music recording. They wrote great pop rock their whole career. It's just cool to hate on them because they're big and popular

I went through an obsessive Beatles period when I was younger though so I'm pretty burned out on their music

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=yuUphbx-Tu0

>I went through an obsessive Beatles period when I was younger though so I'm pretty burned out on their music

Same, I still enjoy their music whenever I hear it but never find myself reaching for their albums.

Name one band of any relevance whatsoever that credits The Beatles as a primary influence.

Name one recording technique that was original to a Beatles record (leaving aside that the studio engineers did that anyway, not the band)

Wow what an asshole

They were a band created by the Jewish elite in order to expose the youth of England and the USA (both bastions of white values at the time) to the vile influence of "rock and roll".

Hey did you guys know John Lennon used to beat his wife?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4VW62tths

>Name one band of any relevance whatsoever that credits The Beatles as a primary influence.

> youtube.com/watch?v=bCmLtxJCkeM

Plus the Rolling Stones's first record was made by the Beatles - "I wanna be your man"

quintessential Merseybeat band for the first stretch of albums (up through Help!) that was a cultural phenomenon akin to Elvis known for wink-and-nudge sex appeal and far above average pop craftsmanship (even if they needed a lot of help from other songwriters to get there in the beginning)

in the latter half of their career, they were great curators of other people's innovations (in no small part because of the giant and fluent ear on their engineer, George Martin) who were able to make competent-to-great songs in a variety of genres through their middle period, usually owing greatly to outside influences. Rubber Soul was a Byrds and Dylan tribute record, Tomorrow Never Knows was only possible because of their budget and Martin's exposure to some of the European avant-garde, their later work incorporated a lot more heart-on-sleeve tributes to competitors like the Stones and shared influences like American bluesmen

all-in-all, they made great music that was accessible enough for a lot of people to claim them as influences. unfortunately, over time, their rabid fanbase and regular documentary coverage has warped the historical view of them to give them credit for more than they're owed. they did not invent most of the things they're known for, but rather popularized them. the failure to distinguish this leads many to label "Helter Skelter" a metal song, Sgt. Pepper a concept album, and other such ridiculous things because they have an almost reflexive understanding of firsts in pop music being attributable to the Beatles. where they can't find an origin in the Beatles, they'll claim the Beatles' influence and the Beatles' influence alone caused some chain reaction (i.e. Kraftwerk liking Beatles records -> them making music -> hip hop artists liking them and inventing hip hop)

all their albums are really uneven if you listen without rose tinted glasses. every album starting with Rubber Soul has at least three all-time masterpieces

>shitty top 40 pop musicians and commercial artists
What a legacy

BUT REALLY TERRIBLE MUSIC PROFESSORS ARRANGE THEIR MUSIC FOR ORCHESTRA TO GO ALONGSIDE RADIOHEAD SELECTIONS SO THEY CAN GET FUNDING FROM A GROWING DUNCE-FILLED PETITE BOURGEOISIE! THEY ARE HIGH ART!!!!!!

>What a legacy
music being listened to by young people 50+ years later? Fuck yeah that's a really good legacy.

young people like Coldplay and the Nazis. you can't trust young people.

based Superhans

Now you're wrong, NOBODY actually Likes Coldplay

>they are the greatest band of all times
skaroofee rolling in his grave

Yeah, that's why John wrote anti-semitic songs such as Baby You're a Rich Man