Pic related is my (under construction) ecosystem in a fishtank. It includes about 4 wolf spiders (small), 2 web spiders...

Pic related is my (under construction) ecosystem in a fishtank. It includes about 4 wolf spiders (small), 2 web spiders, 15 small millipedes, a ground beetle (big mandibles), an assassin bug, 3 cockroaches, and one snail.

I put fruit and water in the tank daily, the fruit attracts fruit flies which I hope will reproduce and feed the spiders. Same with the crickets, I hope they reproduce and can be the bottom of the food chain.

What are Sup Forums's suggestions with things to add to the tank/how to make it a sustainable mini ecosystem?

Post this on /an/ also. They live for this shit.

Add my dick

im a noob in these things, but is that surely enough space for a mini ecosystem?

OP here.

Vaseline barrier at the top to prevent escapees
Also, a spider eggsac has hatched so there are about 200 smol boys getting ready to spread out inside (which will make good food for the bigger spiders)

Also I forgot to mention that there is a jumping spider inside as well. He might be kill though.

Plants have begun to sprout just from seeds being in the dirt that I scooped up to put in the tank.

that's fucking amazing, in all honesty I love shit like this.

>fishtank full of spiders and roaches in your home

Horey shit OP, would not do. Keep us posted.

This is cool why are there strawedberies in it?

Aye s/o to the smol bois

May your life be long, your webs large and your carapace unbreachable.

I used to have a giant (and I mean as big as my hand) dark fishing spider in the tank, but she was preggo and laid an eggsac so I had to release her.

in my garage (here with my lamborghini)

i didn't know spiders were social creatures?

WTF are the spiders going to eat? You need fruit flys and ants to supply food.

>
I put fruit and water in the tank daily, the fruit attracts fruit flies which I hope will reproduce and feed the spiders. Same with the crickets, I hope they reproduce and can be the bottom of the food chain.

Wow str8 out of a horror movie, I'm not even scared of spiders

copy and paste fail smh.
>I put fruit and water in the tank daily, the fruit attracts fruit flies which I hope will reproduce and feed the spiders. Same with the crickets, I hope they reproduce and can be the bottom of the food chain.

Why OP, an ecosystem full of bugs?

they're easy to catch and since I grew up catching spiders and predatory bugs and feeding them and learning about them, I figured it would be a cool project.

Adds

Holy fuck, the amount of autism irritates me
You literally are going to wake up to a new dead bug every morning, THATS WHY THEY CALL THE ASSASIN BUGS YOU DUMB FUCKTARD

Also, neat place, I'd recommend putting some reptile there, they're nice dudes, cope well with assasin bugs because they know they're low-key gonna get fucked

oh I forgot
I have about 10 potato bugs in there too already

It's a baby and I've not seen it catch anything as of yet.

Get that mold away man wth :/
I used to have some cheap ass eco system that got those white moldy spots, I never bothered cleaning those so they all died :( but like, that was just walking sticks and manatees

How in the world did I mix fucking grasshoppers with manatees???

>manatees
Must've been a pretty big tank user

You need shit tons less predators and shit tons more prey. your balance is all fucked user.

this

that's retardedly small and everything but one creature will be dead within a week

you might as well put a bear and a wolf and a chicken and a lobster and a bunch of puppies in your house with all the doors open

Someone draw manatees mingling with some fuggin grasshoppers.

Also OP this is cool as fuck can you drop a link of where an user could see a good set up for this?

> not having a manatee tank in your garage
> publicly admitting to being this pleb

nigga wtf is wrong with you breeding these monsters

>tfw no qt manatee

Big-ups to you OP, good shit

ty bbcakes

except nobody is giving suggestions, only criticisms.

dunt juge art

wonder if you would be able to get some small reptiles in there, i suppose it depends on how big your spideys are

From my experience the most critical variable is the light. Since your tank is standing right infront of a window it might work. Just plant some plants and see if they grow.

I think it may be impossible to have a self sustaining food-chain. At least supply some fresh fruits for fruitflies and the like on a regular basis.

try again

Looks like a rock tied to a fish.

dat sexy mang
post dick

The plants in there though, won't they grow too high for the microclimate ?

i would suggest buying some cheap basil plants from your local grocery store, they attract alot of small bug life, gnats and fruitflies etc

Guess you meant me. Who made the file size limit 2mb?
Anyway here is my tank: I have some fish in (tjust lame guppies) and xenopus frogs, but I just feed them seldomly. There are enough water fleas and such in the water to feed them.

I als have some neat funghi growing in there. The best is Coprinellus domesticus which grows on the big piece of thriftwood on the left. it "blooms" every couple of days and you can basically watch it growing from a small bubble to a full grown mushroom/basidiocarp in a couple of hours.

have you considered doing some hydroponics? it can help filter the water for your fish

More or less whats already happening. I made some fake rocks out of styrofoam gypsum and latex and the plants growing on the isle on the right penetrated it and are drawing water from below. I checked the water parameters a few times and they are great despite me never exchanging it.

do you have a pump to oxygenate the water?

Nope. I figured that the surface is big enough so I dont need to.

>Tfw you mix up grasshoppers with manatees

I would love to start one of those, i have a roughly 3 gallon tank, what can i put on it? Is it too small for a sustainable ecosystem? Shrimp maybe? If its too small, whats the smallest i can go to get it to self-sustain?

Dude, do you have a website or something? This is fucking cool

Shrimp? Rly nigga? Just, buy some bugs and lettuce and you'll be aight

With that size you can only have some water fleas , maybe some water snails or hydra in it.

fucking awsome idea. i need to make room for this kind of shit.

what plants do you put in?

Anything small I found near the woodline near my house

So water fleas, hydra, water snails, some water plants and algae.
Do you think it will sustain itself?

Aquatic plants*

Yeah only problem could be that the algae(or bactzeria) take over and devour everything. I have a 1l bottle that has been self sustaining for 10 years but all species but 1 died off(Clam shrimp).

Thanks user, i think i can control algae with enough plants and snails.
Also post pics of the bottle

that's not an ecosystem, more like a small-scale ecological disaster

I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT STANK I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT STANK

Basically you want the right amount of nutrients in it. Just don't add any organic matter beyond a certain point and you will be fine. Maybe some higher plants too.

If you want water fleas or other things you can either take samples from small ponds or even dried up puddles.

yeah of course it is. I'm not kidding myself in the end they are just slowly starving even if it takes generations. However its 10 years now and they come back every year.

I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT STANK I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT I PUT FRUIT IN THE WATER AND THE TANK IT STANK

Here is the bottle. Not much to look at.

wtf is wrong with you

Try putting dicks in your bum

faggotry