Daily reminder that this album came out in 1979

Daily reminder that this album came out in 1979

i don't care what anyone says. the production on this album is emotionless and cold plus the songs were all slowed down for muh depression

Daily reminder that this album was by a band called joy division

Sounds emotionful and warm to me

That's the fucking point

to sound like meme punk?

It's boring as fuck. Repeats the same shit throughout each track except the guitar bits which don't change up enough to create something engaging, usually like snippets. Upbeat percussion but the sparse result of that repetition makes the thing less energetic. Ian, I guess fittingly, has very little range vocally. There's nothing exciting about the record. This is where everyone says "b-but depression!" then why's the percussion the way it is where its upbeat nature doesn't fit the theme?

>implying that wasn't totally the intention and that martin hannett's production isn't the best aspect of this album

FEELING

Daily reminder that this album came out in 1972.

Missing the point of how groundbreaking this was for the time and how lots of people think they are a far less original late 80s early 90s band
Now you can make fun of me for being the only one to think that, but i know I’m not alone

>Repeats the same shit throughout each track except the guitar bits which don't change up enough to create something engaging, usually like snippets. Upbeat percussion but the sparse result of that repetition makes the thing less energetic. Ian, I guess fittingly, has very little range vocally. There's nothing exciting about the record. This is where everyone says "b-but depression!" then why's the percussion the way it is where its upbeat nature doesn't fit the theme?
Literally just your irrelevant opinion. The record sounds great, it's just not for you.

FEELING

FEELING

>Missing the point of how groundbreaking this was for the time
It wasn't even the first post-punk album to do the whole "bass line stays throughout with guitar snippets" style.
>liking inferior experiences
Hahahahaha imagine being such plebs.

FEELING

Well educate me bro what was that first album?

FEELING

Reminder this came out in 1976.

Yeah, you can tell.

The Pop Group - Y came out a few months before.

Some of the tracks on Television's Marquee Moon in 1977 did it as well where the guitar parts are all start-stop snippets while the bass drives the tracks themselves through they don't sound as abstract as the stuff Pop Group and JD did.

A lot of Suicide's songs do this as well where the bassline keeps going on and on with the higher not keys hitting for various notes/effects. Can be heard on their s/t that came out in 1977 but they have been a band since like 1970.

There's also probably a variety of krautrock, most notably Can's Ege Bamyasi, that does that as well but isn't sadboy about it.

Daily reminder, post-punk is for pimple wrested, low test betas who should kill themselves

Really? Sounds like it was acoustically recorded onto a phonograph record in 1898.
What a piece of shit.

debbie is my waifu

yeah, it aged pretty well desu

Reminder: Chairs Missing came out in '78, and it's only one of a perfect trifecta

Underrated album, like, holy shit. I know people tend to mention it as an influence for tons of stuff, but it really is an amazing experience in it's own right.

>reminder this came out in 2001

>reminder they never made a good album after this

>2000

>Reminder that many will fondly remember Here Comes the Indian long after you're dead and forgotten user

You said it brother!

FEELING

FEELLLING

First Issue from Public Image, Modern Dance (or even the stuff from Rocket from the Tombs if you like), Pink Flag from Wire, Half Machine Lip Moves from Chrome