Why do people hate on Radiohead so much?

I don't find their music to be bad at all. Anybody that I know that has listened to OKC, Kid A or IR has said they really like what they put out. So whats the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp--rL7XyoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the fans

One of the greatest bands of all time tbqh.

Anyone know if the cassette tape on the "boxed edition" has been uploaded? Would really like to hear the early version of "The National Anthem"

People on here hate on Radiohead because they're widely liked and they want to be contrarian.

It didn't come out with the release of OKNOTOK?

my man

I hate Radiohead because they suck and they think they're great with that pretentious shit, they have like 4 good songs at the best. And they have the worst fanbase on Sup Forums.

i hate them because they made my bisexual deppressive best friend become bisexual and deppressive

>all their albums only have a handful of good tracks on them except Ok Computer which is good
Damn

Hipster wannabe music critics (half of this board) hate on them because they're one of the biggest bands in the world.

If they were "underground" like NMH or some other more obscure band they'd be Sup Forums darlings.

what about artists like bjork? she gets praise on Sup Forums and shes very popular?

It's not cool to be a radiohead fan anymore.

yeah but she's quite old.

Radiohead is the most overrated "band" of all time. They make pop music disguised as art and you faggots eat it all up like the retards you are. LISTEN, this shit is not NOT art. Everything they did with albums OK Computer and onward had been done MANY times before, but they just made them digestible for kissless virgin teens who think to delude themselves into thinking that their taste in music is a sign of intellectual superiority.

Thom Yorke is a jerk. He's puts on a facade of whatever he thinks will get him an in with the young'uns. The blonde and borderline autistic man he was in the Pablo Honey era, the quiet and mysterious yet """cute""" guy he pretended to be in the Alright Computer era, and then the enigmatic and politically driven individual he pretends to be now. But fools like you don't look past this obvious marketing ruse and think of him as the greatest genius of this generation.

I'd like to piss down the throats of everyone who thinks Radohed is a good band and make good music. Get some taste you fucking retards.

this

see

They released digitals and CDs.
XL are doing the thing they did with AMSP and delaying the Deluxe edition that includes the tape for, iirc, a few more weeks.

damn thats weak

its pasta

Because theyre decent yet people pretend theyre LEGENDARY post-music

People on Sup Forums are contrarians. Radiohead are literally probably the greatest band of all time.

this desu

I think this is why if I'm being honest, not to shit on you for having an opinion but radiohead fans constantly claim they're one of the best bands of all time, and I just don't see why, as well as many other people. Then again, I think the beatles are the best band of all time so I bet some people would crucify me over that.
I really wanted to like radiohead but they were just kinda eh to me.

I think their songs are lazy and boring. their albums are background noise. they don't have the immediacy of a good rock band. it's almost anti-music

>bjorks first album
>1993
>Radioheads first album
>1992
what

Has exactly zero impact on the quality of their music.

>Worst fanbase
>Not Grimes

No one cares if a band is shit, only if they are overrated

Radiohead is EXTREMLY overrated, perhaps the most overrated rock band ever outside of the beatles

From what I know it is Thom's vocals.

doesn't matter
the question is why do people hate them and the archetypical radiohead fan is a big part of the reason

>a band is a pretentious for trying to make music that they like
This is dumb. You honestly think Radiohead are sitting up in their little thrones writing songs and thinking to themselves "Wow, we're geniuses. No one is going to understand this at all!". No. They just listen to a lot of stuff, say "Hey, that sounds pretty good" and then try to incorporate it into their own stuff.

That's a stupid, and very superficial reason to dislike music.

1. I don't like thing.
2. Thing isn't objectively terrible, it's just not my taste. Perfectly fine with other people liking thing.
3. Suddenly, thing becomes super popular, people begin saying thing is the greatest thing that ever thinged.
4. Feel somewhat left out because all people ever fucking talk about is thing.
5. Try to get into thing, if only to fit it. Still can't find it enjoyable, start to resent it for being so popular.
6. Lose ability to connect with fans of thing because you can no longer empathize with their tastes.
7. All thing's fault.
8. I hate thing.

How can one hate after a live show like this
>5:42
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp--rL7XyoA

blah

This. Its mostly the same with DG. Mu is nothing but a bandwagon of contrarians.

Radiohead is my favourite band and ITAOTS is my favourite album, I don't give a shit about Sup Forums opinion.