Inb4 underage

>inb4 underage
How does one go about forming a death/black metal band in a high school where I know almost no one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2MWrvJu8zg
youtube.com/watch?v=rYpnnh7dTAM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3dimKaJtA
youtube.com/watch?v=krWvR0gibAI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLpdmT_gAUk
youtube.com/watch?v=23F2KD2zn_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4r3YlEft368
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pls reply

I recently had this same problem what region are you in?

Suburbs of Chicago

Sweet I'm in the Midwest too, you open to experimenting with new sounds and are you welcoming to other kinds of music?

>pic related.

Do it all yourself from your home. Be the new Varg.

hopefully with less stabbings and arson, but yes

I screencapped this convo perhaps fate will bring us together this screencap will aid in knowing.

But those are the best parts...

I'm in NE. I've tried to get kids to jam with me; doesn't work. Plus, I'm to anxious to ask anyone I don't at least know. Thinking of starting to record some DSBM. I keep a notebook of material. I play guitar and recently bought a drumset to start learning that and practice vocals. Need to buy a 4track or something to start recording.

Just start playing and writing. If other people like what you're doing, the rest will follow. Some of the best black metal was one guy writing and recording (Burzum). I saw Inquisition a few months ago and it was just the two dudes live- drummer, and guitarist/vocalist.

Don't worry on putting together a band right now and just focus on your craft. Learn to write songs, then learn to write better songs. Keep listening to music, old and new, all genres. It sounds lame, but practicing and maturing in that kind of isolation really helps you gain the "awareness" that's pivotal to good composition in music.

Additionally I am from MI I went to start a band that will possibly create a new genre keep an eye out for news in the coming years.

Hey, I'm in NE too. Just learning to play the guitar, but I'm a decent singer. Definitely not trained at gutturals though, or harshes of any kind really.

Find other metal head enthusiasts, also just look for anybody that plays an instrument well. Approach anyone and everyone who either plays decently well, or you feel already has a penchant for the style, then just tell them your idea and ask if they'd be interested in starting up a band with you.
Some will say no, but that's okay, don't give up because eventually someone will say yes.

There's musical tastes for everyone, I'm sure there are at least a few in your area who like the same as you, but maybe aren't sure how to start it like you currently. It all starts with someone being willing to ask. So don't be afraid to. Closed mouths never get answers.

Do you even play any instruments?

Clarification: By NE I mean New England not Nebraska.

Same thing.

Clarification: By NE I mean New England not Nebraska.

bass guitar, drums, and i can kind of do gutturals/screams

what state

I'm in Nebraska. I was just fucking around, they are definitely not the same thing.

Looking to soundproof my apartment with foam pads or some shit so I can train harshes, but I'd really just like to get a house. That'll take time, though. As much as I love metal, that's probably not what I would end up playing. It just doesn't play to my strengths, at least not yet.

ah fuck you. Fair enough. I'd like to get a house where I can set up all my instruments and audio equipment. I've been practicing harshes in the car; it's free time every day and there's nobody around.

As I've started listening to metal more and more (pretty much only metal now), my playing styles have shifted and I've become much better at composing metal. Being exposed to more of it just makes ya better.

If you can play drums, like blast beats and hella double bass, you should just check out websites for local musicians to connect. If you google around you'll find a good one I just can't remember the name. I found a metal band myself and a punk band down the road. Thinking about starting up again. Good drummers are commodities so you wouldn't have a problem.

Ask me [email protected]

I know there's a black metal shop in Lafayette indiana haven't been there, but I'm a black metal vocalist and guitar player, just keep wearing black metal stuff and go to music stores you'll find people.

youtube.com/watch?v=D2MWrvJu8zg
youtube.com/watch?v=rYpnnh7dTAM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3dimKaJtA
youtube.com/watch?v=krWvR0gibAI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLpdmT_gAUk

It's not that I don't listen to a lot of metal, I just sing so much better than I scream, and the bones of songs that I build in my head just don't usually incorporate the elements of music that metal is built on. Toby Driver is my role model, and I dream of cooking up the same caliber of undefinable, mindbendingly beautiful shit that that guy puts out:

youtube.com/watch?v=23F2KD2zn_Y

As far as vocals go, I have a lot of fun singing along with Andrew Mallioux (mostly because that's the range I'm most comfortable with), and I've been trying to get my vibrato perfected like his. It's like melted butter pouring down the porcelain asscrack of a Greek goddess:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r3YlEft368

Purtenance rules