Sup Forums essentials

what albums are missing from this chart lads

Art Angels

fuck off

Ken Snyder - by request only

Fuck who ever took it off.

Xen should also be replaced with Arca

agreed and I don't even like it that much. honestly it's probably more deserving than the Velvet Underground, Low should have that spot if anything.

I would put Unrest from Henry Cow as well as Hole from Foetus, but other than that I think it's pretty good. I don't enjoy some of the shit on there but it's good to establish a baseline

>Like Clockwork
>Odelay
>Sigh No More

You really think Art Angels whatever is a better/more important album than & Nico or White Light White Heat?

Low to Heroes is like Pablo Honey to The Bends

or well-liked, to add

>he actually believes that Sup Forumscore chart is about which is better/more important, and not about which is discussed the most

Essential

It's not just what's discussed the most, or literally the entire top 10 would be fucking Radiohead and Grimes

you would think it would be obvious, honestly.

>which is discussed the most
It's not that either, it's what's liked the most. That's like saying that one Evanescence album is Sup Forumscore because of all of those threads.

art angels is only discussed by 20 autists in a containment thread and only appears anywhere else when the containment thread leaks through and they decide to shit post elsewhere. Take a look at chart threads, or fuck, just in real life, and you'll see that & Nico is a much more respected and well-liked album, you fucking idiot

that's literally the only guy who's making these threads

Heaven or Las Vegas gets discussed alot, not sure why it was removed from the older chart

>containment thread
what is this?

see

Notice Radiohead's most discussed album has a spot at the top? you just hate waifufags, I don't blame you but don't pretend that's not what this is.

see

good ones

>art angels is only discussed by 20 autists
that's relevant to any 'well-liked' Sup Forumscore album

Yeah, but again, if it was most discussed, I see at least one thread every day of just people talking about which Radiohead album is best or worst or whatever. The only time I see people post about, say, Trout Mask Replica, is in a chart thread or the same old "Why do/don't people like this album"

you are understating the presence of grimes fans on this board because you dislike her music

See the poll earlier. around 20 votes were pro-Grimes

am I?

those polls are absolutely meaningless since its very easy to change your IP
it's expected to see some autists changing their IP to make it look like the whole board hates grimes, there are a couple of people who literally despite her for whatever reason

*despise

regardless of whether that's true or not, there were still only around 20 pro grimes votes, which may or may not have also been affected by fake votes.

ok maybe she is too controversial I still say Low is more Sup Forums-core than &Nico. Not hatin' just sayin'.

& Nico is discussed more, full stop

RTJ1 should replace RTJ2
GKMD or at least Damn should replace TPAB
Blood Mountain should replace Leviathan
I think Earl's Doris and Deja Entendu should be there somewhere
It's bullshit that Death Grips and Swans both have three albums on the chart

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick either, but you're just wrong. & Nico is a seminal piece, maybe not perfect, but certainly a significant milestone in the rock canon. Everything by Grimes is VERY new, and I think you should be more willing to withhold judgement on something that's still finding it's place in the framework

non-grimes-fag here. Stop posting the same chart in every thread like it means that much

if this chart was about seminal pieces and significant milestones it would be filled with classical composers instead of shit like death grips and radiohead

this list has ten good albums

grimes fag here, even though I like Grimes, I hate to admit that chart is right and there is a valid reason to post it

>there is a valid reason to post it
see >those polls are absolutely meaningless since its very easy to change your IP

The poll was in reply to a user doubting that there are so few anons that are Grimes fans. Although it is easy to change your IP and vote against Grimes, that does not change the fact that so few people posted for Grimes, and that number is accurately represented for what the user was doubting

are grimes fags too autistic to see that the reply was a parody of grimes fags denial

it's also has been confirmed that some grimesfags pretend to hate her for the sake of meme

is there anything by The Cure?

are you too autistic to see that my reply was completely neutral to the fact that this person named themselves a grimesfag?

nah, one pretended that he did to discredit the results of the poll.

you're either new or retarded or one of those autistic grimesfags who pretend to hate her for the sake of meme

well there's no way of knowing for sure and when he was pressed for evidence he failed to give any. Still doesn't change the fact that only around 25 people voted pro-Grimes

>well there's no way of knowing for sure
there is
why would anyone post the same photoshopped pics and the same memehate replies every thread if not because of obsession?
see

Grimes fags ruined this thread once again

also pic related for bleeps

I hate TVU and even im not stupid enough to think it shouldnt be mucore

I mean no way of knowing for sure whether the poll was biased towards overwhelming hate or not. Either way, I'm like 99% sure it's less than 20 people on Sup Forums who push the meme

>Grimes fags ruined this thread once again
how so?

Highway 65 revisited

You mean mutant?

go back to tumblr

im retarded, I meant Mutant should be replaced with Xen
I also would be fine with Arca though

Imo it's more useful to think of it as "what do you need to hear to be at a decent level of discussion on Sup Forums"

So that's all the meme albums, along with general music knowledge (the classics section), the specific artists we latch onto and will be discussed forever, etc.

That's slightly different than what's discussed the most or what our favorites are, because a lot of us may not care about a lot of the classics or something but we're able to pull from them to talk about other shit.

a pop section desu
, 1989, emotion, get to heaven, etc should be there

also Pure Heroine, Blonde, Channel Orange, Plastic Beach

Hip Hop is missing earl
Earl, Doris, IDLSIDGO, or Solace could all fit but idk which i would put in

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Maybe
Maybe

In the bleeps section, this should replace Second Toughest in the Infants. It's by far the better Underworld album. Music for the Jilted Generation by The Prodigy should replace Dig Your Own Hole.