Is Hellsing normie shit? should i bother to watch it?

is Hellsing normie shit? should i bother to watch it?

it has been recomended a few times but fuck they watch one piece like its the anime of the koran.

It's pretty good imo watch the first 3 episodes then decide. That's what I do

Man the fuck up and watch it. OVA is only 10 episodes long, follows the manga in what seems to be fucking perfect.

thats not a terrible idea, i'll give it a try.

but i feel like there is so much dog shit anime out there that i dont have the time to spend 3 episodes to see if its good.

>follows the manga in what seems to be fucking perfect.
that makes me happy to read

>is Hellsing normie shit?
if you dont know hellsing, chances are youre a normie

Not normie shit.

My cover has been blown!

Then again it's which one you're watching. If it's ultimate the episodes are around 50 min each episode
>if I remember correctly
If the original, the usual 24 min

god dammit,well which should i watch then? is one better then the other? or is it some bullshit "watch em both"

I watched the original first and then ultimate a few months later. Ultimate is better imo.

alright i'll jump on ultimate, thanks user

if you like stupid amounts of violence you'll like hellsing, otherwise you'll hate it
it's about vampire stuff, not stupid gay vampire stuff but cool guy op vampire stuff
story is not great but does it's job
there are cool characters but no character development
they do some cool shit with animations and artstyle every now and then, specially shadows
Seras is bae
i've known a lot of normies who have seen it so idk about that

i'd say watch animu first if you want the whole introduction to the characters cuz ultimate skips some of that, but keep in mind that the ending isn't cannon
then watch ultimate

read the manga

Can't say I watched the original first
>No problem
Ultimate
>Watched a few episodes
> 404 patience
I'm just an inpatient cunt, but decided to watch fully the next month after that. Liked it

In all.seriousness though, its worth the watch. One of the best adaptations from Manga to OVA, characters and animation remain on point to the manga as if Hirano himself made the fucking anime. Each episode covers one volume of the manga. Just be sure to know the difference between HELLSING ULTIMATE (The good OVA you want to watch) and Hellsing (Shit-tier low-budget adaptation). To nswer your question its also not a normie anime BUT abridgefags will constabtly quote the series thanks to the parodies of TFS/TAKAHATA101, not bad, but it will get annoying hearing references to the parody from every fucking corner. Give it a go.

oh god, its jojo fags all over huh

im already reading 4 books i need some eye candy in life too

Id say its more tame than JoJo.
The style of Hellsing Ultimate is dark and mellow, with beautiful eye candy animation, and a plus if you really love the color red.
JoJo is just hyped up in every fucking color with metrosexual and homoerotic tendancies with /chingos/ [fucktons] of posings.

mangas are 90% eye candy though

I'm thoroughly tempted to quote it just to upset you.

And I saw the manga, then watched the original, then Ultimate, and am keeping up with the Abridged series.
It's fucking funny.

It's more Berserk than JoJo.

you are actually right

i was talking more about the fanbase spamming jojo shit everywhere

I loved it as a teenager but it's really hard to get through the OVA now because of how cringy and edgy it is.

It puts a LOT of emphasis on hardcore/edgy bloodsplatter. I really liked the anime as a 16 year old, but now I'm in my mid 20s and listening to the chomping gushing sounds just annoys me. It also takes itself SUPER SERIOUSLY to a ridiculous degree. And yeah, there are some badass moments that are really satisfying to watch, but there's a fair amount of melodrama and gore for gore's sake to slog through.

It's a fine anime, but I'd rather just watch the abridged series. Covers all the same story and theming and has the added bonus of being funny as hell. Well, except for the first episode. That one's kinda meh, because they were just learning their craft.

It has a special place in my heart since I went through teens just as the episodes were coming out (and the delay till 8/9/10 felt like a proper conclusion) but its nothing insanely special. You definitely seem mentally retarded and left behind enough to get the same great experience from it

All anime that isnt badly animated and cancelled shit is "normie shit". Hellsing is naruto for slightly older people and its basically a japanese slasher flick that equally misuses european myths and concepts as something like an american parody film about japanese myths would do. The only truly positive thing I can say is that even though the creator didnt have enough talent to live up to his own creation, Alucard is the only portrayal of Count Dracula that isnt the original book version that I can stand/ actually like/ can find threatening

WATCH HELLSING. It's amazing

Its pretty good.

Sup Forums was made for this

>ThereWillBeTits

Hellsing OVA is amazing.

hmm, i'll give it a try but im past my teens so i might not appreciate it the same way i whould have if i was a mere 4 years younger

I don't think it's an age thing. People watch dumb tv at 40+. Hollywoods Superhero movies aren't deep either and people go into them from all ages. It's the same thing - amazing visuals but simplistic plot. It can be fun and with hellsing OVA i mostly appreciated the skill in drawing the visuals.

the first half of the OVA is mostly about how edgy Alucard can be, towards the end its about humans and monsters, immortals and death

Edgy is only a bad thing if you're expecting more out of it

It's pretty fucking edgy