Coming from an Agnostic:

>Coming from an Agnostic:
Why do you believe or not believe in God, user?

>Also, general religion/atheist thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uzmLXIuAspQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These discussions are so pointless. but have fun.

Who made god? Aren't we small enough in this universe, how little do we all matter? Just stay clear of other humans and enjoy yourself.

Explain why. I love Nihilists.

Who made the Big Bang as well. Good question.

because ultimately you cant decisively reach a conclusion due to so little information being available.

How can the universe be nothing and then come into anything? Atheist point is invalid and God must exist.

Christianity is a part of my culture, not my religion in a sense. Im a Swedefag so what fucking difference does it make, since the majority of my countrymen are cuckold muzzie lovers. But yes, if anything im christian by culture and I love my flag, I also recognize that western countries are based of off christian values.

Im not sure if i believe in a god however. I sure do know one thing, fuck sandnigger muslims and kill them all. Its only a matter of time before some NSDAP looking party will rise to power and kill off everyone of these nignogs. They asked for it, them and the leftists.

the big bang has more scientific evidence than:

there's a big, invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do, forever and always, knows everything ever, the future and the past, and what you're doing right now, and he has a list of 10 things not to do, and if you do any of those things, he has a very special place for you full of fire, burning, agony, and torture for you to live out for eternity and the end of time, killing you mercilessly.

but he loves you.

see

>not believe in God
no solid evidence presented to show he exists

>6 years of christian schooling, church every sunday
>young elementary mind couldn't reconcile science & going to hell
>settles on childish rendition of pantheism
>basically turn agnostic, mostly don't care enough
>hears omnipotence paradox

ask god to create a stone that can be lifted by no one including him
>makes stone
>no longer omnipotent can't lift something
or
>doesn't make stone
>not even omnipotent in the first place
god can't create something that limits his powers, if he can't limit his powers he doesn't have all power

>now a grown boy, settles with nihilism & has alot of fun calling themselves god, doesn't hate theists, thinks theyre silly fan girls & kinda cute

for me, it wasn't a question
it is simply a matter of fact that there is no god
it's not a decision, it's just how it is

youtu.be/uzmLXIuAspQ

What kind of god would let this beautiful man burn for all eternity???

So you're an Agnostic too?

i guess. never really cared to label myself as anything. but i guess so.

How did you come to this reasoning?

Everyone is agnostic because nobody knows.

that's not the point of these discussions tho....

Yes, we've all seen the George Carlin bit.

then what would you say is the point?

These discussions are a pointless circle jerk. Always have been, always will be.

true. except for those who think they know, or doesn't matter what you "know" because there's always "faith".

those with "faith", it isn't an issue to "know" or not, because it isn't our place to "know"

Faith isn't knowledge. People who believe it is are wrong.

i refuse to believe that anything supernatural exists. so there can be no god or anything like that.
i also refuse to call myself atheist cause since nothing supernatural exists it is impossible to be one. you can't not believe in something or be the counterpart of it if the base doesn't exist.

to trade ideas or anecdotes.

to berate each other for our differing ideas.

to contemplate the universe. why and how any of this got here.

you can discover a lot about the universe just by taking our limited information and performing thought experiments, because as humans we have deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills.

You're all using the word "agnostic" wrong. Agnostic means that you believe God CANNOT be proven. It is an active believe that it's impossible to obtain proof of God -- whether because God does not exist, or that the nature of God is faith and precludes proof.

>Deductive reasoning
>Critical thinking
>Lmao fuck empirical evidence

Agnosticism is neither a disbelief or a belief in God. Quit trying to blow it out of proportion, I know what I'm talking about.

Because there is no proof.

I just don't believe in Christian dogma.

basically the big bang is a theory based on deductive reasoning applied to observable fact.

the universe is expanding. it is expanding in all directions. by deductive reasoning, if it is constantly expanding then you go far enough into the past, there is a point where the universe is, conceivably, smaller than the earth itself. and based on the expansive behavior and background radiation present in the universe, it is further deduced this tiny speck of existence likely exploded with mighty force to start what we know of as the universe.

The biblical god seemed so strong when he created all that shit, but in comparison to the universe, he's weak as fuck. "I made a planet, phew I need rest" and an other day "I made every 300 billion galaxies with 200-300 billion stars each, phew I need some rest". He's not even consistent

empirical evidence is the "limited information". our observable universe is quite limited. though I'm sure user was talking about the limitations of being stuck at home on an internet forum with anons

fucking retard.

you can't take anything from genesis as fact.

besides, at the time, the stars in the sky were insignificant to the lives of those on earth. why would god waste any more time creating vast nothingness when there were subjects to toy with on the planet?

>Yet here you are

Fucking retard.

that really proved your point.

I at least don't believe in the God from the 3 major religions, since they're all bullshit, but being a Deist seems semi rational but at the end of the day, being a Deist is the same as being a regular believer, since you still can't tell if there's a God or not.

you can't reach a decisive conclusion on the existence of invisible unicorns on mars either since they "could exist" but obviously without evidence there's an obvious stance you should take until further evidence is revealed...

Because even though I have doubts there's no real reason not to participate in non-larping-retard neopaganism. It doesn't reduce the quality of your life at all unless you make it an unhealthy obsession yourself, and at least with the Germanic gods they are represented as fallible and subject the death and foolishness. So I'm not worshipping some profoundly inhuman being or beings nut rather ones that would actually create and articulate things in a way I can understand and appreciate.

im atheist , most logical theory is he use his almighty power like "program code"
so he can enter a command that he and everything in this world will be created a day 0 but still have the knowledge of every past and future. also he bind this wolrd/space to his existence and so there will be only 1 god and 1 space and no danger of many gods and spaces/worlds. sry for my bad english

I think religion pre and post canonised versions of all religions in practice or essentually dead are ways to means. All to form a society/hierarchy, propetuate caste systems, further those in powers' agenda, maintain the sheeple, explain why and how we exist, and to impart the ones in powers' code of morality and ethics. These are facts. If you use rational thought religion, all religion, is man's creation not a deity or deities.

Theres plenty of evidence that god exists, just no proof. So being agnostic or theist is really just whatever you prefer.

everyone's agnostic since no one has the actual knowledge to prove their claim either way. I don't believe because there's no credible or plausible evidence to support any supernatural claims about deities or an afterlife but I'm open to meditation and the concept of spirituality since our comprehension levels are not very sophisticated relative to the complexity and vastness of our reality/universe.

How stupid you have to be to follow some ancient ideology, also which god? there was 2k+ of them over the years if not more.

What makes you think that your god is the right one? You can't prove shit other than some words from old ass books. In my opinion religion was created to control masses, give them something to believe in. Why do priests have good cars, nice TV's 'n shit despite strictly sayin that they should live in modesty. Why do you have to pay money to get absolution? Doesn't god forgive no matter what, loves everyone... then why do gods servants profit of it?

Fuckton of stuff in relgion, whether it's cristianity or any other bullshit doesn't make sense.

I for one, do not care about any of this bullshit, but this was on my mind ever since: god won't save you from a gun/knife or whatever. I could take a bullet for you, does that make me better than god? Do I have more power than god? But then... since god is all powerful, why would he allow you to die and wouldn't stop that bullet? Hilarious, apparently I have more power than god (whichever you believe in)

I believe because I have faith. And faith rewards me with true love.

i am pretty convinced i am a god to be worshipped, is having faith in this belief enough to make it true?
the answer is yes & i demand sacrifice

I choose to not believe in a God because, after reading several religious texts (Quran, Bible, BoM) it easily becomes clear that humans made it all up. Textual evidence shows that these books have fundamental flaws. Especially the book of Mormon which supposedly is an 18th century book, yet it is written is written in 16th century English. It's fake.

Religion has provided much of moral justice and principals for many years. But you don't need to read the Bible or Quran to know that there are many immoral teachings as well. From the execution of infidels, to the sacificing of children on mountain tops for "God". Religion has unified us all, and I believe, in our intellectual evolution, we will move away from believing in these fantasies and start believing in syllogism. Not that syllogism should be a question of belief, but the problem with religion is that it gets in reason's way. It teaches people that certain things are okay, when, in fact, they are not okay in a civilized society.