/grimes/

Discuss the magnificent, unique, innovative artist Claire Boucher a.k.a. Grimes.

Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4
Read this: thefader.com/2017/06/30/grimes-roli-soundpack-new-music-interview

>I'm in the zone of just throwing things at a wall. I'm trying to be unlimited by “this is sound of the album” or something. I'm trying to do the craziest shit I can, or just reach outside my comfort zone. I've been doing a song a day kind of thing. Like, get as far as I can on a song per day then start a new thing. Then once I have a various amount of things, then I'll go back and decide what to do with it.

>i just made the most insane song i'm so happy about it!!!

Remember: be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/73817986/#73819752
youtube.com/watch?v=t7Dp9WNgX08
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AA > H > GP >>>>>>>> V

V that low? You must be joking. That's her best album.

What happened to her lip

I'm happy to be alive in the times of Grimes.

it has a lipstick on it

How does it feel to know you have bad taste in music?

>inb4 everybody here is just a pleb and I'm patrician for listening to pop music anyways
>inb4 everybody who dislikes her cheated the poll even though none of them give 2 shits worth of their time to do that

idk but i like it

V >= AA >= H >> GP

Please explain this to a random guy

>How does it feel to know you have bad taste in music?
Why are you asking this in a Grimes thread? We listen to the artist of this decade, so you better address this question to the haters.

Stop. That poll is corrupted. Many haters used that opportunity to mass VPN vote. Even the OP admitted his wicked tricks.

To rely on that dumb poll is like relying on the exit polls of the last US elections, LMAO.

see

>though none of them give 2 shits worth of their time to do that
if so then why do you still spend your time on posting this shit?

I don't care what other people dislike. I care what I like. Be autistic elsewhere.

q.e.d. That poll is faker than silicone implants.

Sup Forums has way more than 150 users at a time, you're just too ashamed to admit that

keep claiming that OP was cheating and that people were VPNing though, there is no proof to that besides what you say

it's a grimes thread and this is from last night so I figured it fit the discussion

For REAL THOUGH, do you really care if you are the minority on this board? She just isn't for everyone

I'm not sure what's worse.
>forged poll
>your lame ass re-posting forged poll
here's a hint
(YOU)

>We listen to the artist of this decade

AHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Wake up from your delusion, sheeple.

How exactly can a poll be "fake"?

You sound like idiots from Sup Forums when they were defending "fake" polls that gave their little Trumpy less votes than Hillary. Just listen to yourself, ffs

Lol

Stop flooding the board with duplicate threads

Real one:

is your screenshot supposed to be an argument for something?

>How exactly can a poll be "fake"?
fake votes

>Sup Forums has way more than 150 users at a time
Yet have you ever seen them posting to a single thread all together? Checkmate, autist.

that can't be proven in any way besides

>muh numbers went up really fast even though it was only 150 in one and a half hours

it's over, Sup Forums hates grims

yes I have, and this board also has an innumerable amount of lurkers, you fucking retarded conspiracist

Just stop trying to bring that fake poll. It's not even worthy of discussion. Basically an autist decided to make a poll and he and other autists used VPNs and voted multiple times. They weren't even subtle about it. They wanted a revenge against her fans.

Taking about bias: most Grimesfans weren't even aware of that dumb poll. And I'm sure some of them even voted negatively because they don't want her to be liked by this dumb board. I voted negatively too.

Holy shit, KPOP threads alone have 70-80 unique posters. If Sup Forums had less than 150 daily users, this means that majority of the board posts in KPOP threads? Double checkmate, atheist.

>keep claiming everyone was cheating when there is no proof instead of discussing the new statistic

lol k

>implying some shitty rym ratings are objective
>implying rym isn't infested with moo-tants
LMAO! Try harder, sheep.

This.

>they don't want her to be liked by this dumb board.

This is the untruest fact ever stated in this general. If that was that case, how come Grimesfans use every single opportunity to spam her in any thread related to female musicians and try to make Sup Forums like her and tell them to "be nice to her"? Seems counter-productive, doesn't it?

They just want to express their opinion. They believe that but they don't expect you to agree with their views.

As a matter of fact what are you doing here if you dislike her? You doth protest too much.

You know what you're doing

See that green area? Those are dem plebs hating her patrician music. In the red-orange area are the patricians. If you think about it, it makes sense. In any society, the plebs are over 80% and the remaining ones are the patricians.

Sure, now the plebs will whine they're not plebs. That futile attempt will fool no one. You actually shot yourself in the foot with that poll.

This, why was this one even created? Do we need 10 generals about the same artist?

>Holy shit, KPOP threads alone have 70-80 unique posters. If Sup Forums had less than 150 daily users, this means that majority of the board posts in KPOP threads? Double checkmate, atheist.
Holy shit, you are retarded for real. A SINGLE THREAD would never get such attention in 10-20 MINUTES. Is it clear for you now, moron?

>How exactly can a poll be "fake"?

The other thread is a troll thread. Hint: the ugly OP manipulated picture.
Fake votes. You morons couldn't even wait a little to VPN vote. Now you do damage control. No one takes that dumb fake poll seriously. Now gtfo.

>20 posters in that thread
>325 total votes.

Nooo, you won't fool anyone. Fukc off now.

Sup Forums loves grimes so we discuss her
if you don't then why are you here?

>none of them give 2 shits worth of their time to do that
>he keeps posting the poll itt and in other threads
Apparently you give a shit. Quite too much for a mere hater.

>20 posters in that thread
Proof?

>That poll is fake hurr durr!

>yes I have
proof or GTFO

Reminder

Stop. That poll is corrupted. Many haters used that opportunity to mass VPN vote. Even the OP admitted his wicked tricks.

I don't care what other people dislike. I care what I like. Be autistic elsewhere.

That poll is faker than silicone implants.

I'm not sure what's worse.
>forged poll
>your lame ass re-posting forged poll
here's a hint
(YOU)

Fake votes. You morons couldn't even wait a little to VPN vote. Now you do damage control. No one takes that dumb fake poll seriously. Now gtfo.

Nooo, you won't fool anyone. Fukc off now.

The exit polls were lying, that's the point. They said one thing and the reality was another. Same thing for this shitty poll: it's a bag full of (VPN) lies. It's not legit. Period.

>That poll is corrupted.
proof, fucker?

>it's over, Sup Forums hates grims
FIFY: a minority of dumb and very vocal haters hate Grimes. Nothing surprising.

From those 20, at least 3 were Grimesfans. These haters are really shameless bastards. They want to pass a big lie as a fact. It's a travesty.

You know what's funny about this poll-gate? It proves nothing. Once Grimey will release her next masterpiece they will see who really is this artist. When they will see the whole catalog flooded with the cover of her new album they will remember their fake poll. Like most exit polls, this poll has nothing in common with reality.

Haters: cry some more crocodile tears.

Can't wait

who is this guy and why is he wearing a dress?

>guy
>can't tell the difference between a boy and a girl
Ho do you even function?

SLOTH

(You)

>girl
flatter than a pancake
I 've seen trannies with more upper

>I 've seen trannies
Gtfo pervert

She knee-ed herself in the face a couple weeks ago while jumping off a DJ stand in Japan.

>How does it feel to know you have bad taste in music?
Great, because /mu's taste in music sucks.

>I 've seen trannies
------------------>>Sup Forums

Sup Forums btfo to pieces. This stinky board likes mostly crap like Kanye, DG, Swans, memerap, American Football etc etc. Sup Forums sucks!

>implying any of those artists are bad
Sorry that you can't get into music outside of entry-level "experimental" pop

>If Sup Forums had less than 150 daily users, this means that majority of the board posts in KPOP threads?
Wait a second - are you saying that the above sentence is news to you? Of course KPop are the single most active large contingent of posters in this board. Why do you think they go through threads so quickly?

So... how do we deal with obsessive haters?

>experimental
That crap is supposed to be experimental? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

>spotted the fan of bad music

Keep autistically raiding polls that show that she isn't for everybody, so that everybody will soon see that she is the best artist of the decade!

You can call it bad as much as you want, but all of them are objectively experimental

Spotted the pleb

just ignore/hide all obvious baits

Report/ignore rule-breaking posts and carry on with actual music discussion relating to Grimes' music.

You. Were. BTFO.

Regardless of whether that's true or not (Sup Forums is not that slow-moving of a board, especially on a Saturday night), why is the number of fans so low?

Thisand bait them into making an ass of themselves.

>Spotted the pleb
>he implies he's patrician for liking shitty unlistenable muh experimental drivel
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>why is the number of fans so low?
Because Grimes is between albums. There's not much activity now and most of her fans have better things to do than vote in a stupid poll. Do that poll once she releases new music and see the difference.

>unlistenable
>can't even get through Swans, baby's first experimental
Are all grimesfags this close-minded? Swans is downright catchy most of the time, if the heaviness of the instrumentals are really too much, then there's no hope for you. Hell, even Grimes has better taste then you.

>somehow the amount of people will raise when she makes new music
I have no reason to believe you but we'll find out then

Good plan.

>why is the number of fans so low?
see
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/73817986/#73819752
Why on Earth would I - an actual fan of Grimes' music - want it to be positively associated with this place?

That post only suggests that one person voted a lot AGAINST Grimes. If she really is well-liked here, I imagine that at least a few more than 20 people (who voted before you made that post) would vote for Grimes

>Are all grimesfags
Who?

>Swans is downright catchy most of the time, if the heaviness of the instrumentals are really too much, then there's no hope for you
Wot? That shit isn't catchy. And their lyrics are edgy as fuck. I'd prefer some good experimental stuff like Delia Derbyshire, Laurie Anderson, Ulver, Kate Bush's weirder albums, Ozric Tentacles, Scott Walker, Art of Noise, Brian Eno, Autechre, Can, Silver Apples, Steve Reich. This is good stuff, not that crap.

But whatever floats you boat. You already have your taste validated by this dumb board, why my opinion should matter to you?

If you don't associate with Sup Forums, then you rightly didn't vote and you don't belong in the poll. That argument is over now lol. The poll only shows what the average person browsing Sup Forums thinks of grimes

>Swans is downright catchy most of the time
Do you call this bullshit youtube.com/watch?v=t7Dp9WNgX08 catchy? It's no wonder you don't get Grimes. She's too melodic for your brain accustomed to noisy crap.

>That post only suggests that one person voted a lot AGAINST
Where in that post did I say that I think I'm the only intelligent person on this board? And did you miss the multiple voting part?

>somehow the amount of people will raise when she makes new music
Actually yes. After AA was released her fanbase more than doubled. The signs are here. If she manages to have daily general threads when there's silence how do you think it will be when she will release a new album?

>that shit isn't catchy?
Have you heard Oxygen or Screen Shot? Both have very memorable riffs that make the basis of them.
>and their lyrics are edgy as fuck
You really judge an artist on their lyrics and dismiss things as "edgy". Why am I not surprised
>I'd prefer some good experimental stuff like Scott Walker
Wait, you really like Bish Bosch and shit but you can't even into Swans? Wew.

Grimesfags are people that like Grimes, although I'm probably replying to bait

I voted against her too. I knew that poll is just a sad joke.
>I imagine that at least a few more than 20 people (who voted before you made that post) would vote for Grimes
The things moved too fast. Also the fans that were at that moment didn't give a shit about a random poll. They're not your puppets to do what you expect.

So there were ten fans on here after Visions was released? Ok. Maybe the amount of people interested in her will rise, but when her new album comes out shitty, I doubt people will like her any more.

>If you don't associate with Sup Forums, then you rightly didn't vote
The poll wasn't hosted on /mu, dumb dumb. /mu doesn't have official polls.

>The poll only shows
Whatever me (or people more malicious than I) want it to show, because that is how easily fooled polls on the internet work.

>can't even into Swans
It's not that I can't get into them, it's about the fact I dislike their music, their lyrics, their aesthetic, their covers, their frontman. Overrated crap.
>You really judge an artist on their lyrics and dismiss things as "edgy". Why am I not surprised
Their lyrics are very edgy and I'm not even a religious person. How someone could enjoy that filthy crap is beyone me.

Kys tasteless pleb

>Grimesfags are people that like Grimes
Are you fourteen?

Cool, so far we know that a few people voted against her and not for her. Since you can't prove your claims that most people did, I'm fine believing that most people here don't like her music, which already seems obvious based on the posts about her.

>their lyrics are very edgy and I'm not a religious person
How young are you? Does harsh language offend you?

See above, if you're seriously offended by a decade-old meme then you might as well kill yourself now