What's your honest opinion on Spotify?

What's your honest opinion on Spotify?

I love it

wish that all artists weren't autists and put their music on it though

Hit and miss.

Sometimes I'm pretty suprised by the artists it has but other times I'm blown away by the ones it doesn't.
Also very lacking with live albums

Tired of them asking me what kind of weekender I am.
I'm a stay on Sup Forums kind of weekender.

It's just so much more convenient.

I still have two mp3 players but rarely use them. I only listen to music while driving or at home/work while I'm on the computer.

Don't bring my phone to the gym or on runs.

I may dedicate a one of my mp3 players to the new car I'll eventually get.

dropped it completely once i started using red

no gapless playback ftfl

Love it. One of the best services I've ever gotten. Great way to listen through an artists discography (I have a backup website for any artist that isn't on the service)

>Inb4 people nag about the service not having their favorite obscure noise artist with 6 plays on bandcamp

The playlists are shit.

I just use a 128gb micro SD card in my phone, and download 320kbps mp3s from Soulseek on my desktop.

I don't get the point of Spotify Premium. I'd be spending $120 a year for something I can do for free.

Alright a Genie grants you a wish, you get one artists entire discography on Smorgasbord
I'd pick Fishmans or King Crimson

Very convenient, makes downloading music to my phone to be listened to offline extremely easy.

The only thing that pisses me off is that every now and then the app deletes all my saved music for literally no reason and I have to redownload it all. This also only tends to happen when I'm about to go on a long train journey and need offline music more than ever.

They're alright but I hate they're layout and the fact that I'm at the mercy of spotify in order to retain my collection worries me. I use spotify to try things out and listen to certain things but I much prefer to have a collection of 320kbps tunes on my hard drive that will also be there.

Also, the DAC in phones are shit now so they can never really play my music adequately when I'm on the move. I bought an Ipod Classic 5th generation for like 50 bucks on ebay because I was sick of the way my phone plays music.

You literally went to paying for music at 320kbps to 92 kpbs shit-tier.

Why would you do this?

tidy catalog
proper tags
recommendations
millions of songs in your hands
easy to share music with friends
creating a playlist with friends
supports the artist
statistics

>Easy to share music with friends
>Creating a playlist with friends

I bet you listen to Ed Sheeran.

>support the artist
Lmao streaming services are the fucking worst for them, they get only a few pennies for every tens of thousands of listens, even for independent artists or labels. Just buy the merch

guy asked why not pirate idiot

I do both

Was really fun to rip music directly into iTunes with a python script and a private key but now I'm too lazy and just play radios on Apple Music
I took everything I needed like a 500 song 40s/50s/60s playlist that I threw together which would have been impossible to buy or pirate

I've warmed to streaming since becoming an actual adult with a job and less time for downloading/tagging/keeping up with new releases, but Spotify is pretty mediocre. Horrible obnoxious interface, and not very good at supporting libraries.

Even though I try to avoid Apple at all costs,
Apple Music actually seems to be the best service. You can edit tags and avoid all those dumb "remastered" labels you get on songs on Spotify, and it integrates seamlessly with local music that's not available on the service. Only problem is that obviously it's tethered to the piece of shit that is iTunes and you don't really get the best of it on Android.

Google Play Music is similar in terms of customisation, but it doesn't even support basic shit like browsing by album year.

Don't really care about "supporting the artist," because streaming is already a compromise that they don't make much money off. I just want the most convenient service for my money.

Gapless works on the Android and Windows app. What did you use?

>proper tags
(REMASTERED)
(1989 DIGITAL REMASTER)
(DELUXE EDITION)
(SUPER DELUXE EDITION)

>terrible tagging
>lacks a huge bunch of music
>pays artists in pennys
>shoehorned social aspect is shoerhorned
>the playlist format turned a lot of albums into "just a bunch of songs" for people to pick their favorites and add those into their playlist
don't like or use it desu, even tho i still pay for my premium like a good little paypiggy

In all honestly, very good and convenient. The only thing that pisses me off is the lack of mixtapes and independent projects and some artists who don't have their music in there (cough hov cough)

like 99% of the problems with streaming services are caused by the major labels. artist compensation and song tagging is all decided upon by them. maybe instead of crying about streaming artists should stop signing to shitty labels

No joanna newsom :(

kek

It's pretty good, and the amount of artists it has is actually pretty great. The fact that it doesn't have some major artists like King Crimson and Joanna is pretty disappointing, though, but it's not a deal breaker, honestly.

Granted, though, I'm never going to use it as the main way I listen to music. It's just a convenient thing for my phone, honestly.

What the fuck are you talking about?

best thing to do for app is buy 3 month for 9.99 and download all of the music you want. Then completely shut it off from Internet access when it ends. use airplane mode before and while listening and you can keep them downloaded on mobile forever. I did this 2 years ago on an old phone with essential tracks and albums and still works fine. Con is obviously not being able to add music tho

i use it and there arent many complaints

gapless also works on ios app
maybe he didn't go through the options thoroughly

that is proper tagging though

i'd rather have that than it actually be a remaster but not indicated in any obvious way

Have fun scrobbling that

lol what? you're thinking "red" is something it isn't, clearly

i just used the browser version. from what i had gathered, it isn't true gapless but rather a crossfade thing, correct me if i'm wrong tho. also i used the free version if that has anything to do with it

pretty allright if you like normie tier music

it sucks for niche music

the videogame soundtrack section are terrible, the vocaloid section only has the most known hatsune miku songs, and the touhou section is lacking too

Cause using Soulseek to get their entire discography is definitely helping them.

I think it's alright. I hate how on your phone (inb4 phoneposter) they force you to shuffle, but it's not that bad because you can play songs on demand without premium on PS3/4. I just wish they had more stuff. Though I do use SoundCloud for the stuff Spotify doesn't have.

I like it. I use it for convenience and normalfag activities. Then I download all my favorite albums as perfect FLACs.

they have gapless playback, it's in the settings

Necessary until Google Pay Music lets me download my own library to my phone to play for free.

Great but missing a whole bunch of Albums/Mixtapes from other artists such as Days Before Rodeo from Travis Scott, Better off Dead form Flatbush Zombies, and of course Exmilitary from Death Grips

It does support the artist you dolt. A lot of labels now are pushing streaming over sales even.

Spotify used to have Exmilitary not sure what happened. Spotify only has projects listed on sites for sale so that's why most mixtapes aren't on it.

spotify desktop app + ad blocker + filling in library gaps with downloaded music = god tier

shame that there's no FLAC support though, gets quite annoying at times

this on both

but can it scrobble though?

but you still cant access everything though?

+ Better bitrates than all competition for free tier
+ Top 5 audio quality for paid
+ Big library

* Is a literal botnet

- Bloated clients
- No API option for third part clients

Overalls: 6/10

>Can it botnet
Who cares?

No music distribution form really supports and artist. Musicians make their money nowadays the same way they always have, by selling tickets to overpriced concerts.