Growing up

Growing up.

>I am 18, still in high school.
>No job yet, no personal vehicle.
>Still living with parents and they still pay for my shit without anything in return.
I feel like a spoiled, immature brat while everyone around me progress into adult life. I am in high school but need a job in order to buy a car, move out, and then go to college (or military to save money). How can I make time for both school, a job, and free time to keep my sanity? Also any recommendations on books/reads/videos regarding maturity and the things I mentioned?

Just get a fast food job and tell them you have school so they won't schedule you to come in till you get off work. You should have at least at a day or two off each week so you'll still have enough free time to dick around. Just do this until you finish high school then get an actual job. No one's expecting you to be able to be able to pay for a car and move out while you're still in high school

Just as he said, try any fast food place, they always hire

>How can I make time for both school, a job, and free time to keep my sanity?
>and free time
>free time
>implying

This is the "spoiled, immature brat" part of you talking. The answer is you sacrifice your personal time in order to get the results you want, or you go without. That is the meaning of adulthood.

Either keep your free time until you graduate and suffer the pain of remaining at home for longer, or get a job right now and accept not having any time for "fun".

This, also once you move out of parents house you'll realize "free time" is just time to do thing like:

Laundry
Cooking
Cleaning
Yard work
Wash/clean car

I have school, large assignments, a community project along with 50 hours community service to be documented, I work out daily as well. At the end of the day I usually have a few hours before I go to sleep and repeat. I would need to sacrifice the gym/sports, social life, perhaps grades to make do. But I also want to make money and move out asap.

Yes

Fuck me, I admit I am a lucky spoiled fuck tho, that's why I am a beta having to ask Sup Forums while men naturally know how to handle themselves.

No, everyone has to go through this at some point. Don't dismiss what is actually good, if blunt, advice just because you don't like it.

Although this is correct its a fucked "slave to the man" mentality. It is why we will always be fucked by our governing systems, they trap us because we accept that as the only way. We were never brought into being to not get to experience all the things the world can offer. Fuck school, cirriculum education will never allow you to expand on your own free and open mind. In saying that math and english are very important for clear communication at the least. Im not saying be a bum and stop showering but don't try and be what you think an adult is just be yourself.

>"slave to the man" mentality

user, it's really not. We all only have a limited amount of time in the day and at some point or another hard choices have to be made in order to get results. That doesn't immediately follow into "work yourself to death for the glory of the company".

I only work 3 days a week because I value my time more than most material goods. I have to go without a great many things to sustain this, but as long as I can pay my bills and eat quality food, I don't need much more money to pursue my interests.

That's a wise attitude!

You sound like a very smart individual and being so self aware will take you far in life. I'm 20 but have a life-long friend that just graduated high school. He has a car his parents leased for him- maxed mileage in a year AND they bought him a motorcycle because he claimed he was 'depressed' and the kid was fine. He'a flipping the bike to spend the money and doesn't understand driving his car more costs his parents money but that's okay it's not his problem, right?

Anyway, my point is he doesn't understand a bit of what you mentioned OP and will probably never make it in real life. If you work hard and set your mind to whatever you want to do, you can achieve your goals and you are the only person that can make it happen. Don't be a shit head and appreciate your parents for what they have done for you. Go to school, get a job in the industry you dream of working in be it part-time or entry level or whatever.

TL;DR Appreciate your position in life and work hard to provide that for yourself and sustain that. Part time is in fact the best way to go. Don't kill yourself with too many classes, if you don't the split between work and school is usually do-able. Stressful, but do-able just don't give up.

If you haven't played the latest game I the Doom series, do it. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

A good read? "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. Follow the guidelines at the beginning of the book to practice his techniques and learn from the book's words of wisdom, it'll take you far. There's a reason it's been very highly reknowned for nearly 100 years (maybe longer? Idk).

Unfortunately its the only attitude you can have that wont leave you bitter. We have created all the things we need so people hardly need to work yet to benefit from these advancements cost us money and the only way to make money is to work. What happens when near all jobs are automated with an ever increasing population where a lot of the everyday man jobs will be obsolete. I dont know the answer but i do know we cant continue this way.

You're 18. Life isn't supposed to have hit you yet. That being said when we were teens me and and my friends would get summer jobs to make our liquor money and save cash to live off of during college.

>op's post

With that mentality, I don't think you'll ever have any problems with life. If you want to be a top-tier normie, get a job, start going to college for something, and I'm sure your parents won't mind you living with them for a few years until you get yourself on your feet.

Try not to be nigger rich with your money, I know it's very tempting to start spending all of your money on frivolous things as soon as you start getting your first paychecks, but try to save save save. As soon as you got as little as 30k saved up, you can set your sights on owning a home.

That there is the recipe toward the normie life and it really does work.

Me? For all intents and purposes, I'm a failure. I'm not content with the normie life, in fact, living that way scares me.

Enjoy these last moments before college because you are about to enter a level of poverty you've never experienced before.

holy fuck check my image

Surreal isn't it? You'd think that approaching solutions to the problem of necessary labour would be overwhelmingly positive - allowing more time for everyone to engage their creative passions no matter how "frivolous".

Get a shitty job and see how the other side live. See what it looks like to be 45 and on minimum wage. That's called life experience.

I dream of a world...

drop vidya

drop all fast food and soda

Wut?

Good advice, I will keep this in mind. I guess it's important to just experience life and just go with the flow, but it seems we live in a society where you must put in work.
Ill give that book a read.

Nobody's expecting anything from OP and that's his problem. I did those things and paid for driver's ed, plus some bills making $6.25/hr. He literally has no expenses, so getting himself a car would have been easy if he started earlier, even easier if it's a beater.