How do I enjoy this?

How do I enjoy this?

Other urls found in this thread:

stockhausenspace.blogspot.com/2015/01/opus-8-gesang-der-junglinge.html?m=1
stockhausenspace.blogspot.com/2015/11/kontakte-planning-design.html?m=1
youtu.be/zv-I-CNv3JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont

What else besides this is essential when it comes to "electroacoustic" or "musique concrete" or whatever this is?

why are people funny about stockhausen
man was sick

read up on the history and compositional methods themselves

ignorant

this isn't essential anything.

if you've never listened to electroacoustic or musique concrete and are really having a hard time, it might be best to work from more recent stuff that takes inspiration from it backwards. Felicia Atkinson's Hand in Hand just came out this year and should be a much better introduction. it'll use more modern sound and production techniques, and your ear will pick up on things quicker and start to get a feel for the architecture of this kind of music. then you can go back and apply that ear to stuff with more outmoded-sounding effects.

you must realize that stockhausen was making the machines perform music like a child choir in a very methodical way it is as though he were teaching a child but he was teaching a machine this is the song of the children and also its about god or some bullshit but that's probably latent catholic pedophilia seeping in

as for kontakte that is the sound of molestation which is inevitable after doing what stockhausen was doing

to enjoy this music you must be able to sympathize with a the rape of young technology

Gesang: stockhausenspace.blogspot.com/2015/01/opus-8-gesang-der-junglinge.html?m=1

Kontakte: stockhausenspace.blogspot.com/2015/11/kontakte-planning-design.html?m=1

>how do I get eclectic obscure taste I want look cool for my friends and tell em I'm patrician

Fuck off

take away the stereotypes and you have a lot to actually learn

Some people just genuinely care about music and want to try to understand as much of it as possible. I take great pleasure in discovering and understanding music I haven't heard before.

Start here:
youtu.be/zv-I-CNv3JI

and Persepolis

>Some people just genuinely care about music and want to try to understand as much of it as possible.
Okay I'll bite
If you make charts and post them regularly here, have a lastfm account on which you autistically check that you scrobble every single thing you listen to and use RYM to "classify your taste" and rate everything you listen to, you don't genuinely care about music at all and you just use music as a fashion statement.

>Some people just genuinely care about music and want to try to understand as much of it as possible.
>Okay I'll bite
How is this concept so unfathomable to you? You know, some people are actually musicians and care about music. Not every single poster treats music as collectible cards.

Oh I know there are genuine music fans on this board, and if the criteria I posted afterwards do not apply to you, then my post is not intended toward you

I took an Intro to Electronic Music class last semester and it started out with these listenings and musique concrete, where I had to write a review of 3-4 pieces after each class. At first it all felt tough to get into, but with practice and breaking down what I had written about each piece, I started to get a hang of it and understand what was really going on. I'd suggest reading up on each piece and looking for shit to listen to.

Francois Bayle, Bernard Parmegiani, Francis Dhomont, Denis Smalley, Jonty Harrison, all of which are more interesting than Stockhausen.

Paris > Darmstadt, deal with it fags

what if you use last.fm and rym to keep track of your listening habits and music library in general

No.

false, Stockhausen's early electronic music is a crucial part of music history.
Musique Concrete is memey and lacks backbone