Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9PI-jhybNU
youtube.com/watch?v=pz-UA6rjQ8Q
nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/sacrament-of-blood
fpr666.bandcamp.com/album/graveland-the-celtic-winter
hammerheart.bandcamp.com/album/godless-arrogance
youtube.com/watch?v=TvalS4bRp7A
youtube.com/watch?v=C_dpBXNvgf0
nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-sun-of-moloch-the-sublimation-of-sulphurs-essence-which-spawns-death-and-life
youtube.com/watch?v=fKjeK5Hrjnc
youtube.com/watch?v=n46WTmVGhcU
youtube.com/watch?v=zkP25mpoASY
youtube.com/watch?v=YI7w2mXybvo
youtube.com/watch?v=LEwtSMybrc
youtube.com/watch?v=uQrxYycW4TM
youtube.com/watch?v=5h5SrFV4Gmo
encenathrakh.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=LEwtSMybrcE
youtube.com/watch?v=J1SyIphOhYA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ytf_VudE-hE
youtu.be/RcOCXuHsg0k
oldtower.bandcamp.com/album/the-rise-of-the-specter
youtube.com/watch?v=GJr_PItcYp4
youtube.com/watch?v=59vT5Nq7j_A
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ysgVU_Y5M
youtube.com/watch?v=mf8m-IPSXjM
youtube.com/watch?v=QcvFCUkzhTs
youtube.com/watch?v=EFyKwulmmMY
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ9o9j45wkE
youtube.com/watch?v=FzKFa-dHbS8
youtube.com/watch?v=FNG_KFbXp8c
youtube.com/watch?v=7DmtfBjD6Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=D6qeDrBHGSo
youtube.com/watch?v=SbAo44uAEfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

R A W

youtube.com/watch?v=E9PI-jhybNU

what are you blasting?

making this a regular thing will cultivate a shitposting culture that will degenerate into the self-quarantine that's /m****l/. i can understand a streak of threads every fullmoon or so but flying under the flag of a consistent generals should be kept special for november

youtube.com/watch?v=pz-UA6rjQ8Q

Is there any bands that sound like this?

As much as I'd like to have more BM threads, you're sadly not wrong. I fucking hate this board.

Post medieval Black Metal

>Not having Peste Noire on that chart

>svartidaudi
>garbage
eat poop my dude

you're already eating enough poop for the both of us if you like that garbage

first xasthur album rn

Pretty cool war metal; was supposed to come out around the same exact time as Fallen Angel of Doom but was never released until 2011. I like the production on this more than either Blasphemy record as it also has a meatier mid and high end to go with the meaty lows.

nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/sacrament-of-blood

I know everyone already knows Graveland already, but I feel more people know them for the folkier black metal stuff of theres. Here's a demo released like a year before that I think, but it's all riffier black metal.

fpr666.bandcamp.com/album/graveland-the-celtic-winter

Death Metal Underground's shit 99% of the time, but I thought they picked a pretty good AOTY back in 2014 with Sammath's Godless Arrogance. It's like Immortal's Pure Holocaust but next level insane.

hammerheart.bandcamp.com/album/godless-arrogance

S.V.E.S.T. is that one band that had a split with Deathspell Omega, but their music is also really good. Sorta chaotic like DsO, but also more heavy and riffy? I tend to notice that people that dislike DsO for not having enough actual riffs tend to like S.V.E.S.T. if they still want something chaotic so worth checking out.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvalS4bRp7A

Pretty intense stuff. Each track averages about 2.5 minutes, with the first couples ones only being a minute or so long in actual length. Short bursts of crazy black metal stuff. Thanks to the guy who recced this to me in a chart thread a few days back.

youtube.com/watch?v=C_dpBXNvgf0

And I'll just post this Wrathprayer record as well because it doesn't get enough mentions and I personally love it. Teitanblood does caverncore is the I guess what it's like.

nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-sun-of-moloch-the-sublimation-of-sulphurs-essence-which-spawns-death-and-life

DsO have done some amazing things of course but S.V.E.S.T. completely dominated them on that split
Veritas Diaboli is a masterpiece unlike anything we've seen in bm before or since

Their other stuff is great as well, which is why I recommend people check them out.

yep, all their material is awesome, sadly it's not a lot and they've been silent for close to a decade

youtube.com/watch?v=fKjeK5Hrjnc come on faggots, post some good fucking black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=n46WTmVGhcU

Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var / Hvis
Gorgoroth - Pentagram / Antichrist
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger / A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun

These albums are still better than anything released after 1999

don't think i don't see you replacing ildjarn for dissection in that dmu list

I never connected to ildjarn, maybe I should try again

>hates Svartidaudi
>likes Mooncitadel and Forgotten Spell
Um excuse me? That nigga is based af.

youtube.com/watch?v=zkP25mpoASY

that is the exact anus list except dissection instead of mutiilation and ildjarn

ildjarn really is that good and the dmu endorsement isn't unjustified

I remember they had havohej there and that's pleb trash

oh yeah that too. paul ledney is dialing it in with profanatica nowadays but i think the havohej stuff is idiot savant black metal par excellence. kembatinan premaster is top 10 usbm to me

youtube.com/watch?v=YI7w2mXybvo
άγιος ο Βαφωμήθ

I'm listening to that album right now

You forgot one of the most important bands currently putting out releases in this genre

youtube.com/watch?v=LEwtSMybrc
youtube.com/watch?v=uQrxYycW4TM

and another significant contributor
youtube.com/watch?v=5h5SrFV4Gmo

But great chart my dude, im glad other people see this genre

Is there such a thing as too many riffs? Should metal always adhere to a more poppy or more sonata form style structure?

encenathrakh.bandcamp.com/releases

corrected link

youtube.com/watch?v=LEwtSMybrcE

is mgla too mainstream? (^:

mmyeah

People who would be considered fans of "underground" metal used to fuck with Mgla pretty hard until Exercises In Futility came out and made the band relatively popular. For what it's worth, I still haven't listened to EIF (just haven't been in the mood), and With Hearts Towards None was pretty decent last I remember so idk why it happened. Did they water down their sound or something like Deathspell Omega did with Paracletus?

I have no idea, I like most underground or trve shit I hear but I don't actually follow any bands closely. Heard of mgla through exercises in futility and Im pretty unsurprised it's so popular, melodic and relatively accessible imo.

there is no objective reason for music to adhere to any style of prebuilt structure, even though alot of music and metal does. 'Sonata' style and others are systems devised hundreds of years ago and taught in schools and academies as the 'correct' way to write music.

If anything metal should tell you that there is really no need to abide by this structure, strictly or loosely. Lots of genre's flourish without this sort of framework like thrash and punk. Its really good when the riffs and tone come together but its not really always necessary

i dont know what labels they released on but it seems they got alot of exposure very quickly, i saw their stuff posted on reddit along with batushka.

wouldn't call it mainstream because mgla is pretty much in vain with modern american black metal bands like black breath, wolves in the throne room. its really a matter of exposure.

I guess they could be practically mainstream because they received so much exposure

They have always had that slight melodic bent. I always thought they sounded like a less intense version of Dissection or something based on WHTN. Accessible sound for sure though.
Well, I kinda brought those questions up because of the kind of riff assault style Encenathrakh do where there's non-existent structure and just one riff after the other. Opinions on them have been controversial among metal fans.

Do you have any more recs along these lines my dude? Like anything that has a strong medieval vibe or hell even just Dungeon Synth elements as well

Amazing album

Not actually listening right now but this is what I was blasting earlier

Varg did literally nothing wrong. Euro was a psychopath and was going to kill him

yeah

It was on Northern Heritage, who were stepping stones for guys like Drudkh, DsO, SW, etc. but yeah not really a label with that much clout. Their current roster only has Clandestine Blaze that also has any renown at all. It's fascinating how they got so popular all of a sudden.
It's funny how all this anti-church, kvlt shit used to some extent be romanticized by 15 year old me getting into this mysterious new black metal thing. Now it's just cringeworthy as fuck, all of it.

Any newer bands playing aggressive/angry Black Metal with R I F F S?

thank

all of darkenholds albums are pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=J1SyIphOhYA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ytf_VudE-hE

check out that chart and def listen to like every good summoning album for lots of horn toots and some good riffage

satyricon - dark medieval times and abigor's "invoke the dark age" has some good and very dark tones to it including great acoustic bits
youtu.be/RcOCXuHsg0k

as for medieval dungeon synth i recc these guys
oldtower.bandcamp.com/album/the-rise-of-the-specter

all of their releases are great

there is alot of dunsynth out there along similar lines but i dont know much of it

>all of darkenholds albums are pretty good
new one was pretty boring imo

Less raw - youtube.com/watch?v=GJr_PItcYp4
More raw - youtube.com/watch?v=59vT5Nq7j_A

When is the new Xasthur coming out?

you can take it or leave it. I really liked the emphasis on the acoustic passages, however they did recycle a melody from castellum and one of their tracks literally consisted of two guitars playing in disharmony to create a kind of dismal atmosphere. I think it was a great album and im gonna get it on vinyl. I can definitely say that its obvious they slowed the album's pacing down and went in a darker direction

The vocals across every album has been very shrill and raspy and i like it that way

post the most obscure bm you know no matter how crap it is

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ysgVU_Y5M

youtube.com/watch?v=mf8m-IPSXjM

I'm just saying, man. I though their stuff before was decent-to-good but the new one just feels uninspired.

youtube.com/watch?v=QcvFCUkzhTs

Yeah I listen to Summoning quite a bit, I also listen to a decent array of DS artists as well. Never heard of Darkenhold before and will be sure to check them out man thanks.

Also I recommend Hrossharsgrani

mfw you fags didn't post the most brilliant BM album of all time

Probably this

youtube.com/watch?v=EFyKwulmmMY

youtube.com/watch?v=FJ9o9j45wkE

This album fucking sucks

You're fucking nuts.

Nah, it's actually pretty terrible.

Why is half this thread full of cheesy ass folkshit? Start listening to actual metal for once, you losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=FzKFa-dHbS8

>cheesy ass folkshit
muh pagan roots

youtube.com/watch?v=FNG_KFbXp8c

>on youtube
>obscure

where we go from here is a choice I leave up to you...

Impaled Angel, how about that. It's an obscure as shit band that only has one live video from youtube and that's literally it. And if that doesn't please you how about the Desert Storm of Evil compilation that I own that I can't find anywhere digitally? Are you fucking happy now you little shit?

Why is BM separate from the /metal/ general?

Needs moar bathtub

/shitposting/ general also pic kinda related

why is this being allowed? you losers have your containment general so STAY THE FUCK IN THERE AND STOP SHITTING UP THE BOARD WITH YOUR OBJECTIVELY BAD MUSIC
if it were up to me you'd be exiled to

>objectively

metal for your feel
youtube.com/watch?v=7DmtfBjD6Tk

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=D6qeDrBHGSo
this is pretty good, +1 to user who posted it

Blacklodge

2/3 have mongoloid features
behold the master race

That was me
this shit is the most brutal war metal I've seen

At least they're carrying on the genetic struggle of the white race, unlike refugee welcoming cucks who adopt niggers.

The guy in the middle looks like Jody Foster.

post face, Cletus.

>Everyone who disagrees with my egalitarian self hating post modernism is a 70 iq retard

fuck off nigger

I posted it in the previous topic with a collage pic that also had other artists since I posted a bunch of links. Not sure if you're talking about me, but either way I think you might like the Sammath and Wrathprayer stuff I posted earlier in this topic as well.

On a side note, according to some rumors supposedly confirmed on the NWN forums, Damaar members eventually converted back to Islam after death threats and shit from the IS.

Got the thread on that?

But they're from lebanon

>claim to be proud confident Übermenschen on a quest to preserve your heritage
>start screeching and aimlessly hurling slurs when someone pokes fun at a white guy on an internet forum
behold the master race, exhibit B.

youtube.com/watch?v=SbAo44uAEfU

You're either a self hating white, or a shitskin. Nothing wrong with insulting either of those.

trips > dubs

Satyricon and Demon Burger actually have decent debut albums. Great medieval sounding black metal.

Glittertind is an epic track

Can't find the exact thread, but you'll find references to it if you just search Damaar NWN. Theres also the "they moved to Australia and started the punk band Detox" thing as well.

Also IS definitely has presence in Lebanon it's not widely accepted like in Syria or Libya. While I think that particular part of the rumors is bullshit, I can see why IS would wanna come after something preaching anti-Islam stuff akin to Damaar.