Why was The Hobbit trilogy so forgettable ?

Why was The Hobbit trilogy so forgettable ?

Other urls found in this thread:

maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit/the-final-version-of-jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit-is-now-available
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU
youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were bad movies, the last one was awful.

It's soulless. Sounds cliché, but there's no better explanation.

CGI shitfest

>trilogy
there lays your answer

obviously because source material is meant to be light-hearted kids adventure that has absolutely no more material than for a one single movie, not overly dramatic pointless trilogy that drags on and on and feels like some shitty LOTR fan service

>hundred something page book turned into three 2+ hour movies
>too much reliance on CGI
>shoving in characters who have no place in it (Kate from Lost)
>stupid scenes like the barrel ride

Someone thought the sick nasty Legolas matrix moves were what made LOTR successful.

Faggot wrote the screenplay as he was filming. Half the movie was improvised with what was available at the time.

the book isn't near as memorable. also they completely ruined it with filler.

as a kid I read the hobbit once, but I read the lotr trilogy atleast 4 times.

THE FINAL VERSION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S THE HOBBIT IS NOW AVAILABLE!

12/2/2015
111 COMMENTS
Picture
After more than two years of work, I am very excited to have completed the final version of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit! Here is the link to the Downloads Page for your convenience.

This fan edit has been created using only the highest-quality media available...full HD Bluray and 5.1 surround sound. Working with 5.1 has given me far more options for audio editing than a simple stereo track. Here's just a sample of some of the work I've done on the film.
A 532 minute trilogy cut to a single 247 minute film
Well over 600 actual edits and trims made
An Intermission splits the film in half, at the exact point where Peter Jackson originally intended to split the Hobbit when it was still two films.
Overall, the film remains focused on Bilbo and the dwarves. Unnecessary subplots, characters, and CGI silliness have been jettisoned. That means no Tauriel.
Color corrected in several sequences to match LOTR’s visuals more.
Numerous digital alterations, including a new opening title, gold coating removed from Smaug, Radagast erased from an eagle flyover shot, etc.
Orc subtitles altered to explain plot adjustments
Several unused music cues by Howard Shore have been re-inserted in key scenes, including the famous Misty Mountains theme that was abandoned after AUJ.
Various scenes from the Extended Editions have also been added where needed. Yes, Thorin’s funeral is in here.

maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit/the-final-version-of-jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit-is-now-available

the barrel ride is one of the most memorable parts of thw book. it was poorly done capeshit style, but it had to be included.

They tried too much to match the feel of the serious lotr movies while they should have gone with the more fairy tale feel of the book.

I think the first one, which began production when it was originally planned to be two films instead of three, is pretty solid for the most part. There is still a little bit of filler content in there and there is some questionable use of CGI in certain places, but I like many of the scenes and overall arc of the characters.

Then it all went to shit when they decided to make the Hobbit into a trilogy, and stretched the material so thin that it was barely recognizable anymore. OC characters and storylines there just to add to the run time totally distracted from everything people actually wanted to see. Didn't help that the studio totally rushed Jackson to have them out in under two years either, and the end result was shoddy editing and effects looked abysmal.

Overall, it was just a fucking mess.

>reminder that this scene was written, filmed and planned to be in the movie
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU

It makes me sad.
What in the nigger fuck happened to PJ?

>Didn't help that the studio totally rushed Jackson to have them out in under two years either, and the end result was shoddy editing and effects looked abysmal.

I feel bad for Hackson desu

youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk

>Guillermo del Toro leaving the project for some reason
>studio getting Peter Jackson on-board even though he had no interest in adapting the source material
>trilogy had literally NONE of the preparation that went into LotR before filming even began
>stretched out as source material in order to cover the probably studio-mandated trilogy format
>overreliance on CG over practical effects in effort to save time

That's what I imagine, at least.

You are 100% correct.

is there any footage, or painting, scratches etc. of what del Toro planed ?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Maybe it will surface in a few years or whatever, but for now all we know is that it had an entirely different visual aesthetic.

They're around somewhere.

This was apparently his Smaug concept.

Incorrect. Here are two legitimate pieces of concept art for Guillermo's version of Smaug.

you have to be shitting me

cgi

are you fucking serious

The bottom one is a Kaiju from Pacific Rim

Is this actually any good?

I honestly think it makes The Hobbit in the ballpark of LOTR, quality wise.
This guy uncovers a good movie in 3 movies of fluff.

id say the jews lost the story in their lust to sell video games and toys based on their film.

The source material.

Sounds awful. Just read the fucking book. Or read it to your kids since it's not for adults anyway.

It was supposed to be a quaint adventure story. That tried to make a grand epic out of it

Just like Tolkien when he wanted to connect it to LOTR.

>side stepping troll club attacks like he's playing dodgeball in P.E.
>single gold coin has the weight to trigger a catapult
>troll dies instantly when something enters his mouth
That's why people hated this trilogy

>gandalf sidestepping like he's the bloodborne hunter