Yo fags, give me some good older games to play on my laptop. Mainly story driven fps games and rpgs

Yo fags, give me some good older games to play on my laptop. Mainly story driven fps games and rpgs.

Ski Free

>older games
>blood dragon
>old

im guessing you probably have this but call of juarez gunslinger

>oblivion

Spec ops the line. Has a better story than the modern day shooters.

third person. also that story is over rated as fuck

Legacy of kain series

Try playing some of the older fallout games. Heck, fallout NV plays pretty well on most things these days.

Random pic.
Have it already.
Yup, played it already. I was thinking about trying out the pervious ones tho.
Damn, i never new it was released for pc. I remember when it came out and how fuckin cool it was but it was a ps3 exclusive at the time if I recall correctly. I'll definitely chec it out, thanks.

Checked

Nice Quads

Singularity

>Yup, played it already. I was thinking about trying out the pervious ones tho.
the other ones are nowhere near as good, it's weird because gunslinger does nothing the other games don't do but they just don't..work as well as gunslinger does. i think it's probably because they take themselves to seriously

Deus ex
System shock 2
All of the older Elder Scrolls
Diablo
Titan Quest
Torchlight 1 and 2 might run.

What sort of games do you enjoy, OP?

This

Im with morrowind right now. u should play it to.

Mainly story driven fps games and rpgs.

>>oblivion
>All of the older Elder Scrolls
>morrowind
point of recommending these? literally everyone knows what they are, especially someone who says he plays rpgs

Darksiders?

Damn son.
Got shit load of hours in 3 and NV and I'll probably play them again. Really hate how 4 turned out.
Played it already.
Eh I figured if anything, it would be the graphics and gameplay that would be worse.
Was really thinking about getting ss2

Have you tried System Shock 1/2 or Deus Ex 1? How about the rpg classics (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, Fallout)?

If u like action rpg try dark souls 1.
Also mass effect trilogy, or dragon age.

half life. doom. unreal tournament. quake. f.e.a.r. red faaction. castle wolfenstein.

SimCity 4 is a very story driven jrpg that not a lot of people have heard of, but i would highly recommend

Try 'Cthulluh saves the world' I got it on steam for 20 cent, it has retro style and is hilarious but has a good story.

Also metro 2033 and last light.

idk if you could call it "story driven" but i would suggest playing the s.t.a.l.k.e.r series. Its pretty old so it'll run on pretty much any potato ever. I would suggest you start with shadow of chernobyl. Pretty great game if you like getting cucked by getting a shitty ending because you were an asshole to people.

Honestly anything with a good story and simple gameplay. I love fallout and tes, and any fps game is good. Also, I love hack and slash stuff like prince of persia
Those classics are too hard for me.
Downloading dao as we speak. I could never find a good mass effect 1 torrent tho

>Those classics are too hard for me.
How so? Do you get your ass kicked, or do they feel clunky and "too-old"?

Anyway, try Rune or Severance: Blade of Darkness. Pretty old 3rd person action games with extremely satisfying melee and dismemberment.

Also Doom 1/2, if you've never played them.

tibia
fable
crawl
serious sam
f.e.a.r.
s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

stuff like that i guess

Eh a bit too old. I did play fear and hl tho
Not really my thing
Will check it out ty
Played both
Eh I got cucked by dying in that stupid electric tunnel at the start, losing hours of gameplay because I forgot to save. I guess i'll try again this year

here you go

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 are amazing for story.

Hexplore

Also, neverwinter nights 2

(I know you said mainly fsp, but w/e).

Damn! Those are Gems!
Download a SNES emulator and play "secret of Evermore". Not fps, but still a great game.
Gothic 1 and 2 are the greatest games ever

also get Seiken Densetsu 3, if Evermore is your thing

First yes. Second was so fucking predictable. It sucked your dick at every chance it got storywise, just because youre already a jedi you just forgot or some gay shit.
Old lady acted creepy as fuck, welcomed herself to follow me wether i wanted it or not. Was the only character there wasnt some way to avoid getting or get rid of.
Bitch basically acted like she owned me. Story was incredibly fast paced in a lot of ways and the game itself simply didnt last very long, was quickly beaten. Gameplay was better in 2 though. A mod to switch 1 to the updated version of everything used in 2 with the better combat would be cool.

Too much stuff to learn. I never played those types of game so I never really got the hang of it and now they just seem too complicated.

played the last three, not really digging the first

already played it, a great game. But i do prefer Secret of Evermore, it had a unique touch at that time.

there is a huge content mod, which adds stuff that actually should have been in the game, but was cut because of time pressure.
Try it out with the mod, it makes the game better and longer

The old infinity engine games are great RPGs. Icewind Dale 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 witht he expansion are probably the best though. You can get updates versions of baldur's gate on steam.

for story fps try Ark Fatalis. Was made by the same people that made Dark Messiah, which is also pretty fun but kinda bombed.

Arx fatalis* bad case of stupid fingers today

Just because you know of them doesn't mean you play them, roody-poo candyass

the new version of baldurs gate is crap if you ask me, better play the classic one.
Arx Fatalis was such a great game. The best Dungeon Crawler out there.

Pillars of eternity is a pretty good RPG that is relatively new.

you want story buy a gamecube and play eternal darkness

lichdom is a fun distraction if you don't mind a shit story, but the magic is great and it has replay value of a sort

Quads of fucking truth, LoK is the SHIT

Stalker guy here. Yeah, quicksaving is 50% of what you're gonna be doing. Quicksave after every kill, every stash looted, every mission completed, before you enter a location, before you buy something expensive.....quicksaving is your best friend. Also dont forget to hardsave on occasion in case you fuck up and save right as a grenade is about to explode, killing you upon loading.

fun times.

quicksaving is the number one rule in almost all good games.
Playing Fallout New Vegas right now and am quicksavin all the fucking time

Holy shot I love this pic. And yeah, I'm definitely gonna be saving every single minute now. Got any tips in general? I remember back then I was hoarding too much useless shit.

Fear Trilogy

If you play SoC with Autumn Aurora, artifacts will be really useful, not sure about the vanilla SoC since i've never played it. Basically if you had lots of artifacts of one type, you could equip Endurance artifacts to not have to worry about carrying too much, and health regen ones when you got hit so you didnt have to buy medkits.

Also as i already mentioned, be nice to people. If you're too greedy, kill good people etc., you almost certainly will get a bad ending. And i mean, there really isnt any good ending if you read through all of them.

I would suggest after you have finished SoC, to play CoP with the MISERY mod. Its a complete overhaul that makes the game stupidly hard but still enjoyable. Enjoy getting 2hit by a pseudodog without proper armor, everything costing a fortune, radiation being a bitch, artifacts being useless, the guns you pick up from enemies mostly being useless, armor wearing out extremely quickly, instant headshots, enemies with grenade aimbots and more fun stuff.

That sounds fuckin scary. Anyway, I'll definitely check out the autumn aurora. And let's hope I'll finish soc this time

CHECKED

Psi ops