Can someone explain Mulholland Dr. to me?

Can someone explain Mulholland Dr. to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zmu71H_6UAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah

>mfw

youtu.be/Zmu71H_6UAA

dude dreams lmao

If you can't understand it then tough luck, plebeian.

how old are you?

Some lesbian got NTR'd and had delusions surrounding it.

One part dream as it might be described, one part the way dreams are actually felt.

Nobody can explain it. Thats why they think it's so great.

First part of the movie is the dreamed version of what the Blonde wanted.

>the woman she loves loves her too
>she is a talented actress and gets first role
>her husband goes crazy when she cheats on him
>the hitman blonde hired is clumsy as fuck and can't get the job done
>etc

Second part is reality

>her love interest isn't interested in her
>she's just an extra, not even an actress
>love interested's husband doesn't care that she fucks around, so does he
>hitman is not clumsy, and got the job done, killed love interest

Etc, etc. There's a scene where it says "Hollywood is Hell".

The colour blue in Lynch movies means a change from dream to reality, or vice versa.

The blue scene happens at the theater, one of the best scenes in all of cinema. The one with the song, and the illusion you can't help but believe. Broke my fucking heart.

From then on, reality comes back with violence.

I can give you my interpretation of it, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

>bitch an hero'd after ordering a murder of a rival actress, most of the movie is her dying dream in which she tries to create a better reality in which she pure, talented, loved, and her rival is a nice person she's in a relationship with, but as the movie goes on the dream unravels and she realizes the horrible truth
>old people are her parents who gave her a shitty value system, the homeless person is a personification of failure
>Hollywood and the replaceability of the people who give their heart and soul to it, seems to be the main theme

5/10, I sat through worse

I dont know but Club Silencio is one of the most genius sequences in modern cinema.

>a rival actress,

You fucking moron, SHE LOVES HER, and it's unrequited love. She's not jealous of her being a better actress, not primarily.

>the homeless person is a personification of failure

Yeah, no.

Some of those things, I don't think you should focus too hard on them.

I first thought the homeless guy was some sort of Satan and the whole thing is Hell, and the punishment for the blonde is to live her dream and then live the reality she made happen.

Read the lyrics to "In Dreams" and "Crying" by Roy Orbison, they explain the whole story. But there's an incredible amount of symbolism that takes dozens of researches to catch.

A candy colored clown they call the sandman...

Wrong, she loves the other actress and doesn't so much resent her success as much as thinking her own lack of it is what causes her lover to stray. That's why in her dream reality she's the centre of her lover's world and holds a dominant position over her.

Maybe you guys are right. The sense I got was that she loves her because that's who she wants to be. That it's not a genuine sort of love.
Maybe not, but it's probably something close. The first scene with the homeless woman is parallel to the scene in which the two chicks find the corpse, which is actually the protagonist's reality. The man is Naomi Watts, the hobo is her corpse. In that sense, the hobo does represent failure, but also truth and death.

started reading this thread but then i realized i just didn't care

>that rotten corpse scene

Poor Naomi

this takes all the suspense out of the scene, it starts building in the diner.