/classical/

Hungarians in music

youtube.com/watch?v=7FJK0_9LhUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z327GJ9LQz4

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztTVxydQK9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=f_lSZ0iSGWU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCZq33BrOo
youtube.com/watch?v=ARGUkSUrn8k
youtube.com/watch?v=X_HzLh6-hb8
youtube.com/watch?v=ezUirMCPWgA&t=704s
youtube.com/watch?v=L47SRue0gt8
youtube.com/watch?v=6_-Z8Izy6ek
youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck
youtube.com/watch?v=M1Us-8qkYE4
youtube.com/watch?v=fqB1Xx9ZJY0
youtube.com/watch?v=KIgJX3iuNDk
youtube.com/watch?v=8Jmo4SLv97c
store.doverpublications.com/0486430782.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1yu04czRd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=tP_7SuJn10g
vocaroo.com/i/s0EaNA5AN3JL
musipedia.org/flash_piano.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sffh9spQopA
youtu.be/FFPjFjUonX8?t=9m
youtube.com/watch?v=oIYHY3F1Gtg
youtube.com/watch?v=2HXNlgx8KRg
youtube.com/watch?v=-SVF9MKsQ7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DPMlj6szMGY
youtube.com/watch?v=XnfLmstqHQA&t=835s
youtube.com/watch?v=Em2ffoAKnRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mozart, every other manlet composer, etc.

Reminder that denigrating Chopin is the most obvious mark of the pseud.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztTVxydQK9Y

go to bed chopin

How hard it is to produce a beautiful sound on a flute? I'm not interested in virtuosity (I already play piano all day long), but I'd love to be able to improvise on it in a decent manner.

Are there any good recordings of Max Reger's stuff?

What the FUCK Dvorak? Fucking hack

pls post solo strings

This is a VILLA-LOBOS appreciation thread now.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_lSZ0iSGWU

What happened to that guy that was posting that long list of woodwind works? He was the only one that gave a damn ;_;

Saint-Saëns
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCZq33BrOo

youtube.com/watch?v=ARGUkSUrn8k

>He was a pupil of Franz Liszt and one of the most distinguished pianists of his generation. Josef Hofmann called von Sauer "a truly great virtuoso."[2] Martin Krause, another Liszt pupil, called von Sauer "the legitimate heir of Liszt; he has more of his charm and geniality than any other Liszt pupil."[3]

Irén Marik is another pretty good Hungarian pianist. Bartók student.

>don't know much about /classical/
>listen to the nutcracker suite apropos of nothing
>all those little vignettes and themes were there, all this time, hopping gleefully from one to the next
>mfw I am suddenly transported back to a childhood of watching Ren and Stimpy cartoons

parallel fifths are folksy as fuck, which is what dvorak was all about

youtube.com/watch?v=X_HzLh6-hb8

You have 30 seconds to name your favorite performances of the last 7 years or i will travel back in time and kill your favorite composer before they could write their music. Tick Tock.

probably some Currentzis performance. he's so young, too. it'll be interesting to see if he stays an eccentric madman, becomes even more mad, or calms down as he ages

No one?

i recently read schumann's russia-diary and he was traumatized by all the parallel 5s and 8s in orthodox chant.

folksy = plebby = shit

there is literally nothing wrong with folksy stuff

Telemann:
youtube.com/watch?v=ezUirMCPWgA&t=704s

Literally who?

Did Debussy invent Jazz music?
youtube.com/watch?v=L47SRue0gt8

Yes, and here's the better example

youtube.com/watch?v=6_-Z8Izy6ek

Also, along with Bartok anticipated SVS practices in Jeux

>Also, along with Bartok anticipated SVS practices in Jeux
idk what dat be meanin'
but thanks for more debussy, just getting into him

Who here /Pachelbel/?
Show some love.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck

Were there any famous composers who disliked Bach? It seems he is the one everyone reveres no matter what. Why is that?

why in the hell is Vivaldi's Four Seasons so popular? I find it irritating af.

>Why is that?
perfect balance of taste and precision craft. Variety, consistency, emotional depth, mastery of counterpoint and form. Large output.

Someone linked me this recording on here a while back and I cannot stop listening to it. Specifically the second movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=M1Us-8qkYE4

Whoever you are, thank you. Maybe this is just a god-tier recording but something about the way the layers weave together is just spectacular.

>hear the nutcraker suite
>doesn't hear all the ballet soundtrack
Pleb

why ya'll hate rachmaninov?

srs answers only

Because you are an enormous pleb

The sexiest and grooviest ass thing to be recorded. youtube.com/watch?v=fqB1Xx9ZJY0

Yes many
youtube.com/watch?v=KIgJX3iuNDk
And have a meme too:
youtube.com/watch?v=8Jmo4SLv97c

Beethoven.

Does anyone here know where I can find online ''A Ravel Reader: Correspondance, Articles, Interviews''?

store.doverpublications.com/0486430782.html

The 2nd Allegro is tops.

hungarian minimalism

youtube.com/watch?v=1yu04czRd4E

Get fucked retard, you don't know shit

No. Beethoven did. Sonata 32.

Why haven't you let God into your hearts yet?

beyond words... so beautiful
t. pleb but idgaf

Anyone have any recommendations for flute concertos? I really love the timbre of the flute

Vivaldi Flute Concerto in G Minor

"God" has cursed me since the day I was born, why would I "let him into my heart"

Nah, he's just using modes, pentatonics and 7th chords

neat piece but this came out half a decade earlier
youtube.com/watch?v=tP_7SuJn10g

are those supposed to be pyoobs beneath the abs?
Entartete Kunst!!!1111111

He was massively influential on Jazz harmony, but Jazz rhythms are obviously African (or from the African Diaspora) in origin.

did he overdub in beethoven transcriptions? some parts sound unreal for piano.

99% of pianists edit extensively their recordings, at this point you can't even trust live ones.

I just got a really well known piece stuck on the brain but I've completely blanked on the name, anyone know which I'm thinking about? The first bar is probably incorrect but it should be good enough to know which I'm thinking of

vocaroo.com/i/s0EaNA5AN3JL

Mozart's 40th symphony

Thanks boo

musipedia.org/flash_piano.html

Wow. That's... unfortunate. I would prefer if it sounded raw and real to a pristine edit which loses its touch of reality. Maybe it's just me.

You just think that, in actuality hearing 300 times the same wrong note will turn you crazy. The fact that you're going to listen to the same interpretation hundreds if not thousands of times means that every small error (which would be insignificant in a live performance) will now become monumental the more you listen to them. Editing music recordings is mainly done for the sanity of the listener.

this piece is beautiful, brings a tear to my eye

youtube.com/watch?v=sffh9spQopA

Post your favourite audio documentaries.

is this the greatest thing happened in the history of music?

youtu.be/FFPjFjUonX8?t=9m

this

>program music

Since most of us are unable to listen to Composer of the Week, are there other podcasts worth following?

ageru

Listen to Homilius.

youtube.com/watch?v=oIYHY3F1Gtg

You don't like that kind of music? Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=2HXNlgx8KRg

Locatelli

youtube.com/watch?v=-SVF9MKsQ7Q

Is this accurate?
youtube.com/watch?v=DPMlj6szMGY

>mfw 7:55

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=XnfLmstqHQA&t=835s

*tips fedora*
whatever little regard you have for your life experience or anything related-comes from G-d. If you had none you would simply stop breathing. Even the energy and guts you would employ to kill yourself comes from G-d; the choice to deviate that energy into bullshit however, is up to you.

LARP goes in

fuck are you talking about, nerd?

>G-d
more like tips menorah amirite? gas yourself kike

Why are you unable? Charpentier was p. good last week, and Messiaen just started today.

#StopHate

kys

after years of not listening to these pieces i've returned to listenening to the typical ''entry level'' pieces like ein kleine nachtmuzik and the nutcracker, holy shit i'm enjoying the fuck out of these pieces. This made me think, are we just dissmisive of these pieces because of their context popular culture has given them? Sure they're not the greatest pieces there are, but they are really enjoyable and not in the slightest way bad

they're kinda boring imo, but that's just me.

They're generally popular for a reason.

Best recording of Bach cantatas?

Suzuki

You just have to keep listening to new music until you will finally get how particular and emblematic Ein Kleine Nachtmuzik is. At that point the fact that humanity actually managed to assemble this piece of music through tenths of thousands of years of tradition and research will appear to you as extremely weird.

Ristenpart

>tenths of thousands
you are incredibly stupid

Sometimes it's good to embrace popular or grandiloquent music regardless of what others might think about it.
I for one enjoy a lot the bombastic nature of some russian romantic composers. A good Tchaikovsky always makes me smile.

Listening to Balakirev's first atm.
youtube.com/watch?v=Em2ffoAKnRU

Flutes, percussions and stringed instruments did not come out of nowhere, you idiot.

Does anybody get the BBC classical mag, and could tell me what are the top ten albums for the month of July? I don't exactly recall the name of the ranking, but it is near the beginning of the mag.

Only available within the UK.

Chopin and Brahms are the two greatest composers to live their lives entirely in the 19th century. If they could have somehow been combined, Beethoven would be considered just a crazier, later Haydn today, and Europe would have united a lot sooner.

Nothing you just said makes any sense whatsoever

hnngghhh

Sounds awful

Indeed, Mahler is awful.