Audiences fed up with sequels, reboots and even now Capeshit

>Audiences fed up with sequels, reboots and even now Capeshit
>Major studios continue to oversaturate the movie market; leading to numerous box office bombs
>Ticket sales declining and more and more people turning to streaming or Netflix

Is this the end of days for Cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imSg8ZH94zg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, there are tons of great original movies out there if look hard enough. The problem is a lot of them are small studio or foreign films which a lot of people don't watch. If something doesn't have explosions in it, the general audience can't watch it, bunch of plebs

No, but the purpose of going to the cinema will shift. Theatres are going from your standard seats and concessions to high quality luxury lounge seats and an emphasis on higher quality food.

Going to the cinema is here to stay for a while still, just the experience will begin to change.

>Suicide Squad broke records
>Deadpool broke records
>BvS broke records
>Civil War broke records

People are eating it up now more than ever you retard

Yes. Thank God. There's no fucking reason why I can't just rent a movie at home and watch it. Other than some old stupid tradition. Have to go to a theater, possibly get shit seats, deal with shit people, pray for parking, can't pause the movie, can't adjust the sound everything is a whisper or deafening, can't have subtitles on, have to hear people eating, and pay almost as much as buying a blu ray.

Going to the theater is like buying an early access video game

Big studios release endless fucking shit
The movies bomb
"Well there's no way we're going to find something original, it's just too risky, the general public just aren't going to the cinema anymore"

>huh piqued my interest
any recommendation user? please no anime

All that will happen is studios will stop doing what they are doing. Capeshit is going the way of the western.

youtube.com/watch?v=imSg8ZH94zg

Just because there are bigger audiences due to population and marketing doesn't mean the field is growing. Those were all shit movies that did not hold anyone's attention past the 2 hours that they were there. They were insignificant pieces of shit.

Theater attendance is declining every single year yet more movies attempting to be blockbusters are coming out.

It doesn't take a genius to see what's going to happen.

neon demon is a fairly new indie horror/thriller/burlesque film from denmark, directed by the same guy that did the pusher film series, check it out

Good. I never liked capeshit. I thought it was neat as first with Spiderman with Toby McGuire whenever the fuck that was. They branched out a bit and was still kinda cool, but it got old fucking fast. I couldnt believe people kept going to that shit after like a year.

Nowadays it's just fucking retarded.

CAPESHIT GET OUT OF MY THEATERS REEEEEEE

cheers bro, i will

Have you seen green room or everybody wants some

>please no anime

I do feel sorry for people like this. Cutting themselves off from a medium simply because they have an insecurity of being judged.

Neon Demon, Green Room, Kubo, Popstar, Everybody Wants Some, The Invitation, The Wailing, The VVitch

Remove Popstar and Everybody Wants Some and this is a pretty solid list.

Everybody wants some was a good movie, the fuck are you talking about

Neon Demon was shit

nope, i literally just finished marathoning Planetes after watching the first 2 seasons of attack on titan ... only so much chinky screaming i can take

>Capeshit sequal reboots

>>Audiences fed up with sequels, reboots and even now Capeshit

[citation needed]

Except they are not doing any of that in at single location in the entire market I live in (Ontario).

Theaters are closing in droves here. The multiplex in my city has changed owners 2 times in the last 4 years and 1 of the other 2 closed down several years back.

i wouldnt mind if cinema ended
>most movies are shit
>most actors are shit
>hollywood is shit
>the blockbuster phenomenon is shit
>the academy is shit
>the critics are shit
>going to the cinema is shit
internet replaced tv and it will replace cinema too

Look at the movies released this year

>TMNT 2
>Independence Day 2
>The BFG
>BvS (Barely broke even)
>Star Trek Beyond
>Alice Through the Looking Glass
>Ghostbusters
>The Legend of Tarzan
>Warcraft
>Neighbors 2
>Ice Age 5

Suicide Squad wil probably make the same as The Amazing Spiderman 2 even though some thought it would make a billion dollars a year ago

This was so good I had to pick up the DVDs and do a proper encode. If you're on PTP:
id=19991

If you're not and you're still interested, say so. I'll throw it up on some public tracker.

Deadpool is the only one of those movies that was a truly spectacular commercial smash though. CW made what everyone thought it would make, BvS and SS made less than everyone thought they would make.

not him, but please do so.

White males are the problem. Like literally.

What's the go-to public tracker nowadays? I've been private and on the weeb side for a long time now and have only heard that big names were taken down.
Is TPB still good or is it a honeypot?

I haven't watched a capeshit film since MOS and the last Marvel one I watched was Thor.

They are so shite and hackneyed. The amount of discussion about every cape film and their million spin off shows leads me to one conclusion: This board is full of plebs.

I've heard Dare devil is a good show but I'm still not FUCKED to watch it; everything is a crossover or a spin off or a sequel. Do you people really get excited by all of this over saturation?

Even Star wars is getting this treatment now what with a rogue one and Han solo film and you bet your ass we'll have a Star Wars Netflix show in the next few years. It is also the culture these films have spawned that turns me off them: Literal adults going wild for super heroes and never growing up, not even a little.

Pic related.

* actually I can just use an open tracker

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DA218942CBB0A1868A4A65F8C808FFCAEB0D2B36

this, technology is rendering theaters obsolete. in the early days of movies you had to go to a theater, it's not like you're gunna have your own film projector in your house and go out and buy film reels of the latest movie

Then VHS came along and you could watch movies at home, but it's on a small standard def CRT in stereo. Going to the theater is still a better experience

Now with HDTVs and home surround sound setups, the costs are outweighing the benefits

but the main reason I watch movies at home is because you cant get drunk and smoke weed and cigs in a theater

Just don't fucking watch them.

>>Audiences fed up with sequels, reboots and even now Capeshit
No they're fucking not.

Alamo Drafthouse is the future of cinema.

>Huge selection of craft beer & wine
>Decent food that's at high but not exorbitant prices
>A row between each row of seats, so no one kicking the back of your head
>Strict no taking and texting rules that are enforced
>I've actually gotten people kicked out for talking and all I had to do was write it on a card and stick it on the table
>Their sound system is so good it's spoiled me

Theaters need to take a long hard look in the mirror and understand that most people don't go to the movies anymore because other people ruin the experience for them.

its a time of reform

Sounds awesome but I bet these places are super expensive?

Tickets are $10 each. Food is usually $10-$15 a person depending on if you get beer/desserts. So you really make an evening out of it

thanks senpai.