New Bill Nye Show On Netflix

>Scientist Bill Nye has landed a new Netflix talk show set to launch in spring 2017, the streaming network announced Wednesday. “Bill Nye Saves the World” will explore science and its impact on politics, society and pop culture.

>Each episode of the series will tackle a topic from a scientific point of view, dispelling myths, and refuting anti-scientific claims that may be espoused by politicians, religious leaders or titans of industry.

>“Bill Nye Saves the World” marks Nye’s long-awaited return to TV since first emerging as a household name in the 1990s as the creator and star of the Emmy award-winning syndicated television show “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” which ran for five seasons and introduced millennial audiences to science and engineering.

>“Since the start of the ‘Science Guy’ show, I’ve been on a mission to change the world by getting people everywhere excited about the fundamental ideas in science,” said Nye. “Today, I’m excited to be working with Netflix on a new show, where we’ll discuss the complex scientific issues facing us today, with episodes on vaccinations, genetically modified foods and climate change. With the right science and good writing, we’ll do our best to enlighten and entertain our audience. And, perhaps we’ll change the world a little.”

>“Bill Nye Saves the World” is produced for Netflix by Bunim/Murray Productions. Gil Goldschein and Julie Pizzi serve as executive producers for Bunim/Murray Productions. Michael Naidus (“The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”) serves as showrunner and executive pproducer. Writer and standup comedian Mike Drucker serves as Head Comedy Writer; and, astronomer, author and award-winning science communicator Phil Plait serves as Head Science Writer.

Just read this. What should I think?

Climate change is real, and caused by humans. Vaccines are not only safe, but they are useful and good. There is literally nothing wrong with LGBT lifestyles. Can't wait for Based Bill to BTFO right wing nuts.

I hope it will be available in my country.

I know you're baiting but things aren't as simple as that.

>genetically modified foods
not drawn to this.

going to wager it's going to take the meme STEMlord position that since it's technologically fine, we should just eat it and ignore any political implications of patenting and shouldn't label it because then nasty anti-science people might get to make nasty anti-scientific choices.

perhaps with an extra dose of "you should eat GM foods so africans don't have to starve" pretending that producing companies are doing so out of kindness and a desire to feed the world instead of for a profit motive.

nothing against the science behind GM foods, but the political implications behind patenting seeds don't sit well with me, and i don't like scientists/engineers trying to run roughshod over that kind of thing just because the base technology is fine.

He supports GM foods... he wrote an entire book about it.

You can support the idea without supporting the specifics of implementation. There is such a thing as nuance.

An ENTIRE book on it.

>There is literally nothing wrong with LGBT lifestyles.

Except the mental-illness and prevalence of disease, sure.

>20 episodes on how super real "global warming" is

Wew, boy, get hype.

>Scientist Bill Nye

Stopped reading right there.

He's an engineer that hosted a kid's show on PBS.

People need to stop thinking he's some kind of authority on science.

The guy who played Barney on Barney and Friends doesn't get to go on CNN and pretend to be an authoritative expert on child-rearing.

>legit believes that race and DNA are "social constructs"
>Bill Nye the "science" guy

>Gil Goldschein of Bunim/Murray productions

He's a cool guy tho

Not him, but the first two are overwhelmingly supported by the scientific community, and the third mistakenly purports that a "LGBT lifestyle" is even a thing.

>the scientific community

I love this nebulous term.

It can basically mean anyone with a job remotely-related to engineering, i.e. the blue collar faggot that uses a power-scrubber to clean the johns at Boeing.

The climate change "debate" is impossible because nobody is acting in good faith, including on the "save the world" side.

Until somebody shuts up the idiot going "WE HAVE TO CULL THE HUMAN POPULATION DOWN TO 500 MILLION IMMEDIATELY AND ABANDON ALL USE OF ELECTRICITY" no one is going to shut up the idiot going "DA GOMMUNIST OBAMA WANTS TO USE GLOBAL WARMING TO TAKE MY GUNS"

As opposed to whom?

Some have an agenda, sure. Some need to submit a certain number of research papers per year. Unless you have no faith in the scientific method, or believe that 98% of the papers have purposely fudged figures or misleading conclusions, it's hard to ignore the evidence.

>The climate change "debate" is impossible because nobody is acting in good faith, including on the "save the world" side.

This. I'm so sick of cucks accusing anyone skeptical of the Global Warming fad to be on the side of "corporations", when numerous corporations benefit HEAVILY from the Global Warming scare.

I believe that carbon emissions can cause a greenhouse effect and skew the global climate.

Unfortunately nobody in the public sphere ever seems to say those words without immediately following it with some combination of "And that's why we need to give a trillion dollars to the developing world and ban cars and increase taxes to 75% and allow the government to sterilize people and dissolve all national governments and vote for the Green/Labour/Democrat party and then have a Marxist revolution"

I think there's a good percentage of "climate deniers" who don't internally deny the logic of the science, but can't bring themselves to say it because what they really want to say to the climate change advocates is just "FUCK YOUUUUUUU"

WILMORE BTFO

Meme "scientist," no more of an authority than the MythBusters.

(((Goldschein)))