Hey Sup Forumsro's I move out of my parents in 21 days

Hey Sup Forumsro's I move out of my parents in 21 days
I'm a mixed of excited and nervous so i was hoping for some advice from you guys to ease my mind.
Asked this before and was told not to let niggers in because my apartment will be looted

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/c/ep/paper-plates
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get kitchen shit, learn to cook, learn to shop. eating fast food all the time is for fucking idiots.
you can literally make 4 meals worth of food for the cost of one combo meal.

don't cheap out on shit you're going to use for years (pans, utensils, appliances) and buy consumable shit like TP and soap on Amazon.

already hate fast food and realised the price difference and my parents bought a bunch of brand new kitchen shit for me to take with
thank you though

If you don't have a dishwasher to start or don't like doing dishes, it's lazy but paper plates are cheap as fuck. It costs about $0.04 per plate. Keep in mine you'll need regular plates for special occasions anyway.

For reference: walmart.com/c/ep/paper-plates

Don't let anyone in ever. Maybe your two closest friends and that's it. The MINUTE you portray your place as 'the spot' that's exactly what it will become.

Need more info. Whats your salary and will you have roomates and/or wife/gf

when you have some money extra. and you are shopping, always bring home some extra things like.. lightbulbs\paper\soap, so youll have a stack. chill to never have to think about that running out

Cut down on small costs that bill frequently. Although Spotify or whatever may seem cheap, every cost adds up.

me and 4 others 2 people i've known for years and their girlfriends
my rent is 310$ Cad a month + hydro and internet
I have 3,669$ saved and by the time i move I'll have around 4,500$ to fall back on hoping to get a girlfriend when i move but who knows

Rent > Utilities > Food
Paying rent on time every time is absolute priority.

Learn to shop once a week, and in bulk. Learn to cook from scratch. You can eat VERY well for $10-15 a day.

It is cheaper to live with another person. It's unwise for that person to be a gf/bf. Tbh find a dude in his 30's that has a job, he'll probably be chill as fuck, keep the place clean and pay his share on time.

This. My best friend's place is "the spot" now and he has at least one other person at his place at all times, but most of the time it's 2 or 3...

Here are two big revelations I had when I moved into my house.

1. You will shit every day. Buy GOOD toilet paper. You will be tempted to buy the 30cent sandpaper, but trust me this. But spending that extra little bit on fluffy, luxurious TP, you will be infinitely happier.

2. You will shower every day. Buy a GOOD shower head. Like spend at least 100$ on a good one. You will be tempted to keep whatever weal-sauce nozzle came with the house but trust me here as well. Investing in a good shower experience will brighten your day every morning.

That's a lot of people living in the same spot, how big is where you're staying?

not sure what my hours will be like when im transferred but basic pizzahut worker hours

Seriously, clean the fuck up after yourself. Always. Even the really small and really gross shit.

You might think you can get away with saying "eh, I'll do the breakfast dishes later" or "eh, I'll vacuum this weekend" or whatever. You won't. You'll always come home and say you're too tired from work, or be more interested in playing vidya games, or whatever. And that shit piles up really fast. Like it only takes a few days to go from a clean house to looking like a bunch of homeless niggers took over.

It's a pain in the ass but you gotta keep on top of it user.

3 bedroom apartment with a balcony decent kitchen and some closets up in OttawaDidn't think of shower head but my ass is treated like a king with toilet paper no exceptions

thank you, I'll try my best to make sure it's clean cause i dont want to come home and do 3 bags worth of cleaning

Not bad, a decent nest egg and low rent. A bit crowded but doable if there is enough space.

Here are my tips.

1. Plan your meals on what is on sale and buy on sale meat in bulk then freeze it. You save 30-50% on food if you only buy whats on sale that week.

2. For entertainment stick to netflix. It is cheap and plentiful.

3. Be careful with any big purchase. Your nest egg will disappear really quick if you are not careful.

4. If you want a girl to move in keep your room clean. Make it a habit, clean up every morning or evening. Once it is a habit (about 100 repetitions) you'll do it automatically.

You're gonna be the only single guy while your 2 roommates have their gfs living with them? Are you gonna be comfortable listening to all the sex they're gonna be having?

You'll do well.

Ottawa huh? Are you/is one of your roommates a guy named Cole?

>paying for any form of tv

Nope
Thank you for the reassurance
I mean if i hear it whatever
Can stream / pirate anything i wanna watch
planning meals and cooking will be something to work on and i've had a free Netflix account for 5 years by using a buddies from America

Oh i know these are friends.. and all that but people WILL steal your shit. in the fridge be VERY sure about that.. so put thing in your own containers.. so things don't look too easy to just take. catch my drift?

my food is my food and my shit is my shit you break/take anything i spent money on you swiftly replace it no bullshit the world runs on money and i work hard for what i have

>who hate my pasta?
>sorry bro I was hungry
>okay just make me some more
>come on it was a mistake
>idc i work hard for my shit and you took it so replace it now
>youre being a real dick why dont you chill out

Don't be an asshole OP

I am what i eat :^)

From what I have learned:

While roommates make rent cheaper, strive to get your own place.

Keep your place clean as if you are expecting guests... And if you ever take a girl home she won't walk into a locker room. This will become habit and it is a good one to have.

Learn to cook. Shit is good for the soul and is easy. Always prep food first. Once you get a decent skill set you can recreate dishes you have eaten while out at restaurants.

Always keep wine by your cutting boards.

Make time to work on personal projects in your space. This develops the meaning of your own space.

Learn your neighbors and know them well. Always treat your neighbors with respect.

wine by cutting boards?

A good home chef keeps wine nearby for company and cooking. They go hand in hand and even if you never have company, drink that shit while you cook. It feels good man.