/FUGG/ :DDD

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of Finno-Ugric languages, history and culture.

Invited: Suomi, Eesti, Magyar, our brothers in Russia and also everyone who's curious about us and would like to know more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLONv448Rw8
youtube.com/watch?v=-YzOCFf4Smw
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_U1C3MGc8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bigb1On5QXo
youtube.com/watch?v=JCmUWj5Vbiw
youtube.com/watch?v=ghIgio33a1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ahXcDalCUgc
youtube.com/watch?v=smSxWPqzc3o
youtube.com/watch?v=xxC0s9M16q0
youtube.com/watch?v=7sUSaBDMU2g
youtu.be/8f24MHRFY00?t=8m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=39wwX_pdXPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mT48GKlrSMU
youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xfih67nGI
youtube.com/watch?v=oJ7CSnM3pmU
youtube.com/watch?v=EO0p_U1w89A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/marina/

youtube.com/watch?v=gLONv448Rw8

I'm curious about the Uralic peoples in Russia nobody ever talks about.
What happens in their republics?
How similar are their languages to Finnish and Hungarian respectively?

What language is she singing here? Do you have some videos where she's talking?

Well I don't know much about them,never even heard how they speak. Mansy and Khanty are our closest relatives supposedly, but it's kinda relative since we split so long ago. Like you Germans wouldn't understand Punjabi, it's almost the same.

Not sure about Finns though. I know they're closely related to Estonians and can understand each other a bit, not sure how they fare with other Finno-Ugrics.

>What happens in their republics
Cultural festivals for Uralics, for instance. Other than that just people living their lives, speaking their respective languages. You can't attain higher education in Mari or any other Uralic language in Russia I think, which draws young people to big population centers where some of them, sadly, end up getting Russifiying themselves which is a huge threat to their survival. A lot of Uralic peoples in Russia have already gone extinct, like Volga Finnic Meschera, Muromians and Meryans.

youtube.com/watch?v=-YzOCFf4Smw
>How similar are their languages to Finnish and Hungarian respectively
Balto-Finnic languages like Karelian and Ingrian are closest to Finnish, Ob-Ugrian languages are closest to Hungarian.

youtube.com/watch?v=FS_U1C3MGc8

Hello mongols

cringe

>What language is she singing here
Mari.
>Do you have some videos where she's talking
No.

Embrace your heritage :^)

Good songs

She's adorable. Do you have more?

go away

hi guys, im karelia man my family came here refugees after the russians take over

>Do you have more
Yeah, you can just search by her name (Marina Sadova) if you want to see more of her.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bigb1On5QXo

Here's another Mari song with lyrics displayed on screen:
youtube.com/watch?v=JCmUWj5Vbiw

Try telling me that this language isnt Russian influenced lmao

One Mari posted here a couple months back

>sibilants
>Russian influence
Slovakia pls

You live in northern states?

like every other gooks in central asia, they even write in cyrillic baka

Yeah, it's a shame. They should switch to Latin like Kazakhs intend to.

whats the difference, they should use their own runes, its probably all gone tho, Ivan is merciless

Yes, Michigan upper peninsula

I want to be Finnish

Trust me, you don't.

what's its like being finnish.. enlighten us

>/fugg/
Oh shit wrong general

half Finnish ideal. Pure Finns are somewhat inbred and too Mongol

For me personally, it is a very bleak and desolate existence. But my shit genes are mostly to blame for that, not really my country.

now imagine shit genes in shit country

how true is this?

No, the Finnish autism meme is greatly exaggarated. We do have some hopeless outcasts like myself, but the turbonormies that are responsible for our promiscuity rates balance it out.
I'm sorry to hear that, Slovakbro. One day at a time.

Full-blooded Finns rarely look like Mongols, unless your threshold for pure Finn is an inbred Mongol.

nah senpai im good,tall, handsome and funny you know, also high IQ (250+++), very humble too good guy

i'd imagine you would be a nice person to have around just drinking. sipping wine/beer/alcohol.. no chat necessary, just contemplative partner in spirit

I'm mediocre in practically every aspect of life, so I can't sympathize.
Weirdly enough, I've always been more comfortable chatting with foreigners than my own countrymen. Probably because we can always talk about our respective countries, whereas with a Finn I'd have to tell about my pitiful life which would put a quick stop to any friendship that might be.

its the anecdotes that keeps the convo fun. there has to be plenty of drunken stories you can tell to other finns and by the time you run out everyone would be drunk and happy

I don't have any funny drunken stories, I'm a friendless miserable shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ghIgio33a1Y

wtf I love Georgians now

i have this huge urge to give you a hug right now

Szia

They're cute, but why does every foreign accent in Hungarian sound autistic to me? This includes székely

How is thos any different from /injun/ (indiginous general)? Why did that fail but this is still happening?

>there is an American guy who learned Hungarian in literally half a year
>he has virtually no accent
>meanwhile I sound like Béla Lugosi in full character every time I open my fucking mouth in English

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=ahXcDalCUgc

No hug can redeem me, lad. But thanks anyway.

I've been thinking if I ever visit USA
I'd like to see some Finntowns

BINLAANNNN
pls post puljus

They use cyrillic alphabet. They had some hope after the fall of soviet union, but now they will slowly die.
There are more of them than there are samis but they will slowly die under russian government.

I have some Finnish American relatives on 23andMe, most live in Michigan and wherever Finns have historically settled. Was thinking about contacting one of them to inquire what they know of Finland and how's life, and maybe make a friend on the side.

shut up and give me a hug

You mean ?

BULJU :DD

Tavaszi Szél is so beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=smSxWPqzc3o

yes :DDDDDDDDDD
how many will he skarr at worlds?

Don't give up hope so soon, Volga Finns are more populous than Estonians.

We shall see

Out of curiosity which one of the following sounds best in your opinion:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxC0s9M16q0

I like the Udmurt song most for some reason. Estonian would come as second.

There was a lot more in the beginning of last
century

They we're genocided a lot

They are but they are also very oppressed. My girlfriend went there to study Moksha. She also studied Russian there and the Russian teachers laughed at her for going there to study such a "stupid language".

Mari is my my all time favorite. Hands down most aesthetic and pleasing Uralic language.

Not genocided. The languages will just die as more and more people move to bigger cities and forget their mothertongue.
As current Russian government does not support teaching original languages they will die eventually.

If I don't remember wrong Bolsheviks killed a lot of
Finno-Ugrics in Russia

Said earlier ITT that they can't attain higher education in their own languages, which forces them to move to big population centers which might end with them staying there and getting Russified. I want to help them but I can't by myself. I hate feeling this fucking powerless.

If only we had taken Finnmark, we could fund their own unis with that oil money and save them from extinction.

youtube.com/watch?v=7sUSaBDMU2g
youtu.be/8f24MHRFY00?t=8m51s

They are pretty much Hungarian Klamydia.
I still can't not love them.

>Finno-Ugric languages
>magic of the North
Ah yes. Where is my reindeer, gotta go buy some vodka before the night falls and frost takes hostage of the land.

>Out of curiosity which one of the following sounds best in your opinion
1. Sami absolute best and top QT
2. Erzya really good
3. Komi nice

You can't do shit but maybe learn the language,visit them and spread the language.

There are still like only 500 natural inari samis in the world but at least our government is doing something to help them.

There are about a mil or so finno-hungarians living in Russia. They aren't getting any help from anyone though so they will die off eventually this way.

youtube.com/watch?v=39wwX_pdXPQ

Do most Hungarians see themselves as Finno-ugrics or is it more popular to see themselves as Scythian or Turks or whatever? I have seen some Hungarians and read from the news that their nationalists want to distance themselves from our language family.

youtube.com/watch?v=mT48GKlrSMU

Most people accept we're Finno-Ugric, but they also see that our language and ancestors are very similar to Turks so that causes some confusion, and for some individuals, doubt.

Myex-gf is hungarian and she says there are people in hungary who absolutely hate this. Like Hungarian is pure hunnik language or something like that.

Also have some more sami:
youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xfih67nGI

youtube.com/watch?v=oJ7CSnM3pmU

pretty scary t b h

What scary is there about sami waifus?

dunno, they seem spooky
especially when they eat bread

It's a parody of youtube.com/watch?v=EO0p_U1w89A

what the FUCK is that disgusting flag?

>f*nno-ugr*cs
pffft

>indo-"europeans"

What happened to the Livonians? There's like under 200 of them now-a-days.