ITT:

Current artists who cross the divide between commercial appeal and experimentalism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=uwWUb5hyFmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f7yykcoyMcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>grimes
only in america

there is absolutely nothing experimental about here work.

it's all just pop trash.

not that piece of shit, for sure

powerful positive thoughts about grimes only please

t. never listened to halfaxa or geidi primes, probably not even visions

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok

Do you honestly consider synth pop as an experimental and uncompromising genre? I'm aware that there's no winning with you people.

...that's it? you clearly haven't listened to any experimental music popfag

this is something you would shit out 20 minutes before a music 101 assignment was due..after you learned the tutor liked kraftwerk

her music is not just synthpop
for example the song I posted is basically glitch pop
most of Visions is literally IDM beats with singing

>nothing experimental about her work

>basically glitch pop
>basically
>basic

Wow, and those are academically respected and analyzed genres?

I wonder how she is in bed

This
Basic music is still basic, gutter light, trite, shite.
Hearing undeserved praise for Grimey makes my tum tum sick, it makes me go poopy very sickly, I just want Grimes to shut her dum dum face and stop making more obnoxious 'music'. Disgusting and fail

>pop cant be experimental

>only academically respected and analyzed genres are experimental

how the fuck it is the same board who posts about how death grips, radiohead and late anco are truly experimental?
I thought that grimes hate on here was most likely a meme, and now it is clear for me

>Sup Forums thinks death grips, radiohead and late anco are truly experimental
Lurk more newfag, if you honestly think this then you fucking have to. Jesus christ, actually, scratch that, I just think you should leave and fuck off back to tumblr or reddit or whatever fuck hole you came from where you can discuss your Grimey

>how the fuck it is the same board who posts about how death grips, radiohead and late anco are truly experimental?
First of all, Sup Forums isn't one person. And surprise, surprise, some people here actually want to listen to music with substance and not over romanticize pop music.

Oldfag spotted

I have listened to her entire discography more than once. Even that Darkbloom shit.

It's not experimental at all. Retarded people like you throw that term around and it's hilarious.

lol

i read this in the voice of stewart lee doing russell brand

youtube.com/watch?v=uwWUb5hyFmQ

>pop cant be experimental
>only academically respected and analyzed genres are experimental
Let's look over the fact that you've deliberately misunderstood me - pop music can be experimental in the sense of different production techniques, new genre influences, different presentation and marketing strategies, but in the end being able to deliver a profit.
youtube.com/watch?v=f7yykcoyMcw

WE'RE ALL GOING TO RUSSEL BRANDS WEDDING

grreat song by lee imo

t. someone who calls death grips, radiohead and late anco experimental in other threads
why are you memeing so hard?

>t. someone who calls death grips, radiohead and late anco experimental in other threads
Great telepathic ability. I'm sure you can prove all of that. And I'm also sure you'll tell me how old I am, which country I'm from and what genres of music I listen to.

I never said that at all. Why the fuck did you (You) me in this? Explain yourself this minute, you fucking onanist.

Alt-J

Art angels is shit

Speak the truth.

Well actually all her albums are shit. So whatever.

but really though Animal Collective

and some Björk
and some 70s prog (Pink Floyd, Yes, etc.)
Primus?

>death grips, radiohead and late anco are truly experimental

You are an absolute newfag or a complete retard if you think people are being serious when they make these posts

So Halsey is alternative now and Grimes is experimental

I'd kill myself but I worry about my chances of ending up in hell with Grimes

>if you think people are being serious when they make these posts
>legacy /mu posters are insincere hipsters who spend all their time pretending to think/like certain things for (You)s
Lol no wonder you guys are slowly being supplanted by people with actual taste in music.

There's the question: is it better to be a jaded loser who posts Death Grips because they're a troll, or an oblivious loser who posts Grimes because they're a retard?

probably abysmal

Sounds like the latter have a lot more fun desu.

PC Music kinda

>dumbass bein triggered
cry some more tears, you fucking idiot. i hope someone kicks your fat "tum tum".

nah, Halfaxa is alright. Everything else is 4/10 or less

Yeah, Primus is god-tier

Sounds like the latter also have a lot more redundant threads