I need help Sup Forums

I need help Sup Forums

I'm losing faith in my religion and I don't want to believe that stuff but the problem is my family is hella religious and I'm thinking what would happen if I come out and say it. I feel they would exile me or something and I would lose my friends...

Why do you need to tell them?

Underaged b&

If you're anything but catholic your religion is a joke. Seriously, the further you are away from the one true church, the more bull shit your sect is.

>jesus was a jew
>better be a catholic and pray to him
KEK religious people are so stupid

I dunno... Express myself or something. Living a lie is not a fun way to live. I just can't believe a god exists.

Just don't go out and say it. My parents pretty much knew that I was athiest, but just acted like I wasn't. If they make you go to church, just make plans on Sunday mornings and tell them you can't go.

Man, you really know your history of religion!

Unless you are praying at each meal or something, it really is not that hard to hide.

Don't tell them. You are obviously related to retards if they believe in god and religion. Treat them as you would a child who believed in santa. Smile, nod, change the subject when it's brought up.

What about when things that should be done as part of the religion and I'm not doing it?

Dont say shit, I grew up for 17 years in a church, for 14 of those years i was in church for 8 hours a day every day. At 16 I revoked my faith, ive been out living by myself for years traveling all over the world and can honestly tell you, there is no fucking god... Based on my experience.

It can't get brought up that much...

Example?

Depends on the religion.

I'd rather not say. I know it's anonymous and all but I prefer not to

Oh damn a traveling hobo doesn't believe in God - He definitely knows the secrets of the universe
>shut the fuck up you dirty fucking bum.

Are you fucking joking? You want help but you can't give basic information? I guess can't help you then

British or lives in GB for sure

I mean there are like a hundred things that you could be taking about, so it would be really hard to help without extra info

Fuck sake fine

Islam...

Happy?

LUL He's a sandnigger

Hey OG OP - before you decide to "come out and say it" you should be precise about what you will say.

Practice with the fine people of Sup Forums to help be precise and concise. When you're able to eloquently express your doubts and concerns with your current religion it will help you maintain resolve in the face of judgements and scorn that may be directed towards you. As you define the things that you don't like about your religion you may identify a few elements that you find comforting. It might be enough common ground with family.

I mean I don't really see the big deal...
Either way, I am not really experienced with Islam because my parents were Christian, but I have had friends who were Muslims that were really Athiests, they just told me that they didn't tell their parents.

Abandoning Islam is a big deal to those who follow -

First of all, you are a retard.

>So obvious he was talking about Islam
>Doesn't wanna say which religion
>Kek

Are you a man or a wormen? Since if you are a man, what's the problem? If you are a women, sorry but you are fucked.

If you literally think they will exile you because you don't want to be a muslim, you must have ISIS as your parents or something like it.

Hmm fair enough. Being quiet sounds like the way to go...

So, if your parents are like practicing but not lunatics, then yeah you can be more cavalier. If you think your parents will honor kill you if they think you may not be devout anymore- then I'd say either keep the facade up as best you can, or move away.

do your parents believe you should be killed if they knew? if so how?

Also, not all muslims are the same or follow same practices, what do you think could tip you off to your parents if you were to hide/not brandish your lack of faith?

I can see that my mother is slowly starting to crack though. We are going through some really hard financial troubles atm and she is praying for us but nothing is happening.

Abandon thread, don't listen to this faggot he is just a baiter.

I am muslim and know he is just trolling, sorry for this idiot, guys.

Shut up sandnigger

Heh yeah I thought the Isis thing would come up. Funny thing is though Isis is the reason I am questioning my faith. What god let's kids get slaughtered like that? Or even tied to a pole and watch their parents hacked to pieces while the kid watches in horror?

Please do tell. Why do you think I am baiting? Maybe you are having the same thoughts but can't bring yourself to talk about it?

Really? That's the only reason? Maybe you should just stay in it if that is the case.

It's because of how stupid you say everything.

I don't want to say this guy is completely right, but in some way he is. Why would your family exile you? Are you an isis member? Im a friendly muslims who accepts everyone. You seem to be from a extremist family.

Which country are you from?

The practically of religion is what did it for me.

>I need help Sup Forums

>it's because of how stupid you say everything

What the fuck does that even mean

think about religions. all of them. really think about them. theyre sets of rules that use belief to supercede logic. they control the believer and use a punishment system to make the believer think the end result is worth it. so who gives a shit if you end up leaving behind some people.. if theyre super religious, theyre not worth it anyway

First of all, religion is literally a joke. Second of all, if your friends and family abandon you for not being religious, they are shitty people and you're better off without them.

That's a good way of putting it user. I just can't believe there is hell fire waiting for me. Or a eternal lasting heaven. Death is the end of the road.

You are saying it as if it's SO HARD to tell your parents you just don't have faith anymore.

As he said, it's almost like you have ISIS parents or something.

I have to acknowledge the trips.

Maybe I do. They are very unpredictable. But I am not financially stable myself and can't risk being kicked out of the house. Yet.

if you cant believe it then dont believe it. pretty goddamn simple. ive been an atheist since i wad 15. grew up in a Xtian house. saw right thru the bullshit... at an early age. then finally said fuck it.
as far as your financial struggles, im sorry to hear that. praying aint gonna help. you gotta do something.... get a job, sell drugs. whatever

trips of truth

Do Not sell drugs.

did you miss the "whatever" after the drug selling part?
all kidding aside, make money however you can

For example. Raised Catholic (corrupt and criminal) -no offense-
Other Christian sects are similar especially those Mega TV churches like Joel Osteen.

But.... I like elements of the underlying message.

With Osteen (and others) its all about "god wants people to be successful".

Osteen's themes include: Don't worry (excessively), take a chance, go for it, stop self-pity or making excuses for failure, get your shit together and do something because god gave you talents, fucking use them instead of being a little bitch. If you fail, god will help get you back on your feet.

It's a self help book rip-off about staying positive and being optimistic so you'll take risks BUT ALSO take your failures in stride instead of brewing self-doubt-Apprehension-reluctance so you have to fortitude to try again. Osteen and others just add the God element which serves to give some people the comfort that they'll have a safety net because god won't let them fail (in a way that will ruin them) when they do fail they still find a way to see it meaningfully. It lets people overcome self doubt and low self-esteem, self-efficacy that they might be otherwise unable to overcome alone.
(There are elements that also break people down in order to make them dependent on the message, but that is another story)

It's a way for ambitious beta people to become alpha and beta-betas to cope with being beta.

It's all a crock of shit, but it helps people be successful instead of being a whiney bitch.

It's a very white privilegely attitude but the message of personal responsibility AND power to change your situation is applicable to anyone.

they'll probably burn u down like a witch.