How is this allowed to exist if stuff like what.cd and megaupload are not? Is it in danger or will it be fine?

How is this allowed to exist if stuff like what.cd and megaupload are not? Is it in danger or will it be fine?

Soulseek has been around for more than a decade

If you're not forced to find your music on soulseek rest assured you're a pleb any way

Yeah, you're gonna be just fine.

i could never figure out how to use soulseek. I downloaded the thing and it just confused me. is there a tutorial anywhere that i could follow

sharethreads in the Sup Forums archive have plenty of obscure albums which have been uploaded to Mega and Mediafire

if you think using one circle of music is superior to using a multitude of circles of music you are a pleb.

You make an account which is basically typing a few things in, and then you search and wait

If it's obscure, you may have to wait weeks, or flag it yourself to wait until a user is online that has it

If you search for something like radiohead, you'll just get mountains of files

You then find what you want, particularly the right audio quality, and right click it and choose to download the whole folder containing the song file (the album) and locate where it downloads to on the computer

Some users will stop you from downloading music from them if you don't share, so you also have to share your own library

Someone randomly giving you a rare album, and needing to get access to a rare album ASAP are two different things

there are threads in the archive with the same links working for years tho

oh sweet, thanks user

>taking me that seriously
>using a trip
>probably being a teenager that takes themselves seriously

>mfw when i live in a 3r world country and police doesnt care if l download for free the new metallicas album

I don't know what point you are trying to make

my point is that the Sup Forums archive isn't a bad place to look for albums.

>Not downloading free FLAC/320kbps/AAC when pretty much every album you like is available

>320kbps/AAC
>not v0

and i do?

Because it's decentralised. You can take down the What.CD server or the Megaupload servers because they are tied to one person and one location (to put it simply). Soulseek only hosts the program itself, which isn't illegal in and of itself. The copyrighted files are scattered around between users all around the world.

the archives are good but they still have a lot of gaps, and a lot of expired links

>top left
slsk

>top right
private trackers

>bottom left
?

>bottom right
itunes

slsk is bottom left
spotify is top left