The future of the Premierl Eagle

The basis of the of the premier league's popularity since the mid 2000's (before that, global interest was shared) has been money and European success. The last disappeared with Ferguson and English teams have been pathetic ever since his retirement. So we're left with money. In this period, England has stopped caring about local talent because they could always bring in mercenaries. From the top clubs, only Tottenham has cared about including English talent in their starting XI. Now the problem is that there's a new big daddy with lotsa money (China) and what happens is that mercenaries are mercenaries, so pundits/journos are losing their shit, calling these players immoral, ambition-less, because a league dare to copy PL's road to success. Only them are entitled to money. And with shitty local talent, quality is going to drop heavily (these past years already all of the top teams have become shitter, so much that leicester won the league by a huge margin). Clubs like United and City are throwing money to fake stars just to end outside of the CL spots year after year (read: not sustainable).

I predict that by 2020 the PL will enter a period of big irrelevance compared to that of the late 80s/90s. Their huge, bubbly TV contract will probably take return to normal (already losing tv viewership, too greedy and the average brit has been priced out of the game). There won't be stars, nor quality, or tradition (many of the great british teams are in the championship). Just "muh competitiveness" like a filipino league.

(cont)

I think britons are for a rude awakening. Meanwhile all other leagues in Europe are gaining the advantage back, not just in terms of quality, where they've vastly outperfomed the british counterparts, but also in global interest.

I think the moment Wenger retires, the PL as people know it will become a sad and distant memory. Their only hope is overhauling the youth system and make good local talent again. All the top leagues except for the PL rely on local talent. Without them, there's no sustainability.

Laugh at it, it will become an inevitability. You'll wonder "what happened?". Maybe that user you laughed at was right.

Don't forget that leaving the EU will make it harder for European players to be signed by English clubs.

Anyway the Chinese league recently tightened the rules on foreign players and introduced a salary cap so I think that's less of a threat now.

This stuff simply moves in cycles

would you say that time is a flat circle?

>a salary cap that can still make you the highest paid player on earth
still a big threat there nigel...

Okay, so you think the Premier League is going to decline. Who will take over?
Spain already is the best league in Europe but suffers from Barcelona/Madrid dominating.
Germany won't with its ownership model.
Italian football is a complete mess.
French football isn't popular enough with French people, let alone the rest of the world.

Which leagues and teams exactly will Man Utd fans in Malaysia switch to?

>Okay, so you think the Premier League is going to decline. Who will take over?

Spain. It already has 4 of the top 5 teams in Europe.

Spain has been the best league in Europe for the past 5 years and in that time the Premier League has only grown in popularity.

MLS

Get ready

True. But I wonder how long that will last if the English clubs continue to do so poorly. Or maybe it's just self-sustaining at this point, like the PL has sort of "outgrown" the Champions League or something, so it doesn't really matter.

Poointhelooers and other brownies will keep the league on top in terms of ratings, it's about marketing and money overall pablo

I like this post. I think we are in the era of tactics now and fans with a 'English' mentality are still focused on the big money 'players' Pogba, Stones et al, which is not the road to success anymore

yeah, look at Sevilla, don't spend a dime yet they're always relevant because they have great coaching & scouting

Chelsea is BTFOing the PL now and they didn't add anyone relevant except for Kante, who didn't have the pogba hype. Meanwhile the 2 most expensive sides of all time in england are 5th and 6th. Coaching, tactics and good scouting is the way.

To your first question it'll be La Liga stateside coinciding with the demographic change here. I'm calling it now, I'll see a lot of Sevilla and Villarreal shirts on campus in 3-5 years.

Honestly who gives a shit, it doesn't impact me at all how good my country's league is compared to any other. It doesn't impact me at all how many brown people watch my country's league, and to be honest if we couldn't afford foreign players anymore more locals who are a part of the club's community will get a chance.

You'd have to be properly sad to care about how much money random suits are making.

The Premier League will always be the most popular around the world because it's like a Soap Opera and every moment of controversy is caught and pushed by the media, the amount of conversation it generates on social media when anything happens in the premier league is incredible, just look at how people reacted when Nasri got caught cheating on his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago.

If you don't speak Spanish then you can't really join in and enjoy the discussion of La Liga, at least not in a real meaningful way, you'll always just be looking in from the outside, the same with the Bundesliga.

>this crazed Spaniard's delusions

lmao okay, whatever helps you sleep at night (and during the day)

>The Premier League will always be the most popular around the world because it's like a Soap Opera and every moment of controversy is caught and pushed by the media, the amount of conversation it generates on social media when anything happens in the premier league is incredible, just look at how people reacted when Nasri got caught cheating on his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago.
I mean most fans just watch matches. Very few people care about what ice cream Conte eats and what not. As long as the EPL has the most transmissions in other languages like Hindi it will reign supreme. La Liga is basically Ayrabs + Sudacas because of Bein being halal and what not

I dunno, it seems like third worlders are really obsessed with the personal lives of players, just go on any players instagram and see the autism for yourself.

This. Normies are strange. Just look at TheChamCham.

The EPL will always be the most followed league m7

>EPL
Egyptian or Eritrean?

Estonian, naturally.

>You will never be so jealous of another league that you write fan fiction over its demise

Doesn't the EPL have a strong hold on the huge and growing Asian markets? games are always early in England which is evening in Asia

Madrid and Barcelona have Latin America, games are often on late in Spain, which is afternoon over here

>getting the letters "EPL" out of Meistriliiga
Just how?

No, no one watches egyptian football here so it doesn't matter what time of day it is here

This is an advanced type of autism

one word for you: pace

This is pretty low quality bait
despite having the top few players and a few of the best teams Spain still doesn't have the popularity of the premier league and everyone knows it
If you think that millions of fans worldwide will just casually slip over to supporting Spanish teams by their millions then you're not very smart

Premier league is like the Roman empire, it's too big to be killed, the only thing that can destroy it is itself

>Muh competitiveness
>a bad thing

This is what happens when your league is a glorified training session for 2 or 3 clubs

It's much more competitive than the Premier League, at least at the moment.

Lmao didn't Real Madrid only just have a record breaking unbeaten run ended

>tf
>tt

Chicano opinions are not welcome

Not really
It's pretty clear that the top 3 are basically unreachable places for the rest of the teams

Sevilla will probably choke second place because Sampaoli's tactics get his players exhausted by the second half.

Finally, even when a table appears to be close, a good leader can be unreachable anyways. I remember when Man Utd and City were at the top 2, with the same amount of points, and yet all the experts knew that City was going to win the league. They were just that powerful of a team.

Yeah, and they only have a 1 point lead.

You're not very bright if you think this helps your point

The thing with La Liga (I'm Chicano inb4 CHI) here in the US is that there is a bias towards Barcelona and Madrid. If you want to follow a club like Atletico or Valencia, there is no full or constant coverage. Madrid and Barcelona get all their matches covered and they get special half hour shows dedicated to those clubs. You add to that the biased commentators sucking Madrid's and Barca's cocks and attacking any team that defends or scores and it takes away from even watching La Liga.

The Premier League's coverage is fair to all teams in the league here in the States, and the commentators are neutral for the most part. French Ligue 1 coverage is PSG exclusive, and same with Serie A, which shows all Juve matches.

Idk mang. I mostly don't care for the EPL, but from an outsiders point of view it seems like the league is finally getting back on track and starts playing somewhat "modern football". Or at least the top 6 clubs.
But I agree with you, that given the huge amount of (financial) resources the overall level of football is pretty embarrassing. Plus I don't understand brits complaining about "muh evil chinese" inflating transfer fees and player wages when their own clubs are doing the exact same thing for at least +15 years.

a lot of games of that "unbeaten run" were lucky draws to be honest. Ancelotti's 20-something win run from 2 years ago was more impressive

someones triggered right here

>"""""English"""""" """"""Premier"""""" league
>all the best players are foreigner
>all clubs are ownder by foreigners
>all the best managers are foreigner
>most viewers are foreigner
>allows foreign clubs like Swansea
>get regularly ashamed in European competitions
>league is dominated by a 45 years old Swede

In a country where foreigners will be kicked out.

It's magic.

>"English" premier league

This is where you're wrong tho

>English Premier League

Never heard of that league

its the worlds premier league mate

>it's the retarded "le epl is shit" gimmick poster

No he's right

Le liga will never be competitive enough because of the Spanish federation. Like their referees, they are a joke. Too much protection for halal and barca.

>Le liga will never be competitive enough because of the Spanish federation.

They've won literally every single European international club trophy for the past 3 years...

In most countries the national league is more prestigious than a meme cup

mildly underrated for me

>The last disappeared with Ferguson and English teams have been pathetic ever since his retirement.
I agree with most of your post, but not this part.
Chelsea won the CL final in 2012 with Bertrand and Salomon fucking Kalou in the first squad after winning and drawing against Barca in the semis. If they were pathetic, what does it say about 2012 Barca and Bayern?

literally the flukiest win ever

>The last disappeared with Ferguson
Is about to reappear under Wenger, la.
Our year, la!

LITERALLY SHAKING

Liverpool have 5 English players in their best 11

Stay mad spic, people care about the PL because its the most competitive league. That's why all the best managers have headed here

>That's why all the best managers have headed here

yes, it can't be the huge amount of money. just wait until these managers suddenly want to manage in china. Mourinho already's being apologetic of it

How can you even comment on a different national league when yours is utter horseshit?

You actually think klopp is gonna go to China ?

I know you're angry Manuel but you have to accept at some point that the PL is just the best and most entertaining league

They got their tactics right and messi got exposed.

Also, that Torres goal XD

What is this English Premier League you speak of? I've never heard of it in my life

>Teams don't try in the CL
Is this the new meme that Bongs are trying to push?

It's basic logic that PL teams have to put more effort into their national league, whereas la Liga is a glorified training session for Barca and Real who get to focus all their efforts on Europe.

>Liverpool have 5 English players in their best 11

Clyne, Milner, Henderson, Lallana, ?

And they're kind of the exception to the rule along with Spurs, aren't they? Chelsea have 1 English player in their best 11 (Cahill), Man City have 1 (Sterling), Man United have....actually, I have no clue, I never watch them. 1 (Smalling)?

>Stay mad spic, people care about the PL because its the most competitive league. That's why all the best managers have headed here

People care about the PL because it's the best-marketed league. The teams decided to collectively sell tv rights and marketed themselves as a whole back when La Liga was every club for itself. The best managers have headed there for the money, both in terms of what they can earn and the opportunity to take over a wealthy team (there are 5 teams in England richer than Juventus).

La Liga, Ligue 1, and even Serie A are more competitive this season, but nobody gives a shit. It's just about marketing and money.

>Being this deluded

Nobody wants to watch FC Ibiza or Sporting Ravioli

Plenty of people do. Not nearly as many as those who want to watch the PL, of course. But that's because the PL has done a better job of marketing itself as a whole to the rest of the world. It has nothing to do with the competitiveness of the league or even the quality of the teams.

I'm sure it doesn't Jose

So you think it does? Why?

No one is watching spic liga, or serie a. the attendances are shit.