We need to raise taxes on big corporations to 91% again

We need to raise taxes on big corporations to 91% again.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/11/16/bernie-sanders-and-the-horrors-of-eisenhowers-91-top-income-tax-rate/#2266a9042725
abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/dec-17-1992-pres-bush-signs-nafta-15205420
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve
youtube.com/watch?v=AT2fsv7xt4E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Say goodbye to your job... oh wait you don't have one. You are a useless welfare parasite and do not deserve to live.

YOU IDIOT. THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS SHOULDN'T PAY ANY TAXES. LET THE LOWER AND MIDDLE CLASS PAY THE DAMN TAXES!

I'M A TRUMP VOTER BTW.

>presidents have the power to control taxes

...and none of the big corporations actually paid that thanks to all of the loopholes in our tax law, just like they don't now.

No one actually paid those rates you shitbagging retard

now come back and tell me what the capital gains tax was back then

oh no, now you've got the Canadian started

But but dats gommunist

taxing corporations is retarded

we should tax shareholders

You've got your talking point programming all screwy. OP's picture is the top marginal tax rate, not the corporate tax rate. Get your shit together, right wing retard.

Taxing corporations and shareholders is retarded. We shouldn't tax anyone worth over a million dollars. Why tax their success? Tax the poor for being poor. DUH!

Don't even get me started.

A lot higher than it is today, jerkoff.

>be company
>provide lots of people jobs
>have to pay 91% of salary
>lay off a ton of workers
>company starts to crash
>pay what little workers you have less
>they leave too
>they complain about not enough welfare

>Corporate taxes are raised to 91%
K, why should I start my business in the US, again?

This thread has been paid for by your local synagogue. Raise taxes, lower taxes? We win either way!

Just as you don't talk about the real issues, we're good. Have fun, goyim!

>being this retarded

FYI it's not good trolling when you don't even try to string me along in a debate

Who could it be?

They literally did that to counter the massive shrinking of the US military and all the effort and capital that came with inflating it to such high levels during the war
Was kinda a neccecity

We don't have enough monies!

>another faggot who does nothing but shitpost all day every day
just what this board needed!

Actually the majority of job growth comes from small and upstart businesses, while large corporations are responsible for reducing jobs.

>not even addressing the argument
NOT AN ARGUMENT

95 fucking Bucktooths come outta nowhere and say it's a corporate rate

Oh, it could be anyone! And if it does turn out to be a (((certain group)))... that's just a coincidence!

Because small businesses are for building skills to move up the job tree

>not understanding the difference between the corporate tax rate and the top marginal income tax rate

The worst part about you right wing retards is that you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't have a fucking clue.

so high in fact that it went back to 0

/THREAD

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Marginal Tax Rate on Regular Income over $400,000: 92% - 91%

Maximum Tax Rate on Long-Term Capital Gains: 25%

Marginal Tax Rate on Regular Income: over $372,950 - over 388,350: 35%

Maximum Tax Rate on Long-Term Capital Gains: 15%

The Bush tax cuts have remained through the Obama administration, with a 35 percent marginal income tax for the top income bracket and a 15 percent capital gains income tax. However, unless Congress acts by the end of this year, the 2001, 2003 and 2006 tax cuts will expire at the end of December 2012.

>a fucking leaf

>claims a recession caused spike
>credit's obama for markets returning to "normal"

Neato gang.

That didn't happen.

*Barack Obama

Marginal Tax Rate on Regular Income: over $372,950 - over 388,350: 35%

Maximum Tax Rate on Long-Term Capital Gains: 15%

The Bush tax cuts have remained through the Obama administration, with a 35 percent marginal income tax for the top income bracket and a 15 percent capital gains income tax. However, unless Congress acts by the end of this year, the 2001, 2003 and 2006 tax cuts will expire at the end of December 2012.

I'm sick and tired of this juvenile argument. In the 1950's the USA could get away with those tax rates because we ALONE were the only country manufacturing goods at a rate that allowed profitable exports because all the competitor countries capital and factories were bombed to shit during WWII.

>I'M A TRUMP VOTER BTW
>Canada
???

First bring back trade tariffs like he had in the 40;s. They'll just leave and import their products then small middle man suppliers will pay all of the tax.

fpbp

oh look, it's that paid shill again with the same picture and the same arguments he repeats every day in every threads

you need large corporations to easily fund large operations though

Yeah so they were higher back then. That's exactly what I said you fucking dumbass.

Do you have a hole in your brain?

>Giving corporations and other wealth-generating businesses even more reason to fuck off to China or wherever
How about no

Taxing businesses as a whole is a fucking retarded idea. Fix capital gains and tax profiteering money-grabblers at the individual level if you actually want to fix the problem.

I said they were higher back then. You show they're higher back then.

So wtf are you on about?

>a lot higher
that's what you said actually, once the bush tax cuts fall through they'll be exactly where they were under Eisenhower

life is not better after 8 years of Obama. You can show your little graph all you want but 40% of manufacturing jobs are gone since 2001

I have thousands of pictures and graphs so yeah they're different ones in every thread you fucking leaf.

see

kill yourself

>patriotism and nationalism are bad
>don't worry, companies will stay in the US because they like us

Thanks to globalism, companies and people are all too happy to leave if you do this shit. The global economy was a wee bit different in the 50s, bud.

>ll you want but 40% of manufacturing jobs are gone since 2001

What is your fetish for manufacturing jobs?

I'd rather be a real estate agent making $100,000 a year than working in a factory for $12 per hour.

Jesus Christ.

no, it's always the same shit, I've seen them all already

You continue on with your retardation. The cap gains rate went back up years ago. You don't know shit do you.

What happens to a person who believes slight differences in marginal tax rates changes everything. Almost every graph you have shown is just a picture of a recession followed by a recovery.

But I get new ones all the time fuckwad.

Where else you gonna go, Schlomo?

They aren't sweatshops in the first world you fucking moron. They are the bedrock of middle class society.

Good luck selling houses made entirely from Chinese material =)

>Rich individuals and their families have as much as $32 trillion hidden
>Rich individuals
>individuals
You realize you totally just affirmed his argument?

Let them fuck off to China for all I care. They already manufacture everything there anyways. The only reason they stay here in the first place it for the security and protection that is offered to the rich here in the United States. China? As soon as things go to shit, you'd better believe they will seize your company and assets to pad the fall for the Chinese government.

they've only been lower than the Eisenhower rates since Bush which isn't a very long period of time in the big picture. In fact it was Ford and Nixon who raised it to almost 40%

I'm mocking these Trumptards.

same pictures, same arguments, same condescension, same flag
we know you by now, you had your own thread earlier

Clearly it isn't working
You're coming across as a retarded paid shill

>taxing income

how inefficient

NAFTA AND TPP were done under a democratic administration. Fucking kill yourself you fucking leaf. If people like me ever get power we are going to nuke your country

You can't be middle class if you're a:

engineer, architect, computer programmer, IT, banker, real estate agent, doctor, dentist, teacher, mortgage broker, insurance broker, truck driver, plumber, cop, actor, athlete?

All service jobs faggot.

You fell for the right wing retard MUH manufacturing meme.

I'm not saying no manufacturing. I'm just saying right wing retards are morons for thinking all manufacturing jobs are good and all service jobs are bad.

who knew obamas term consisted of 2 years.

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/11/16/bernie-sanders-and-the-horrors-of-eisenhowers-91-top-income-tax-rate/#2266a9042725

/thread

>picture complains about factory jobs being shipped to china

>earlier post calls these jobs worthless

nice doublethink shill

Oh I never claimed not to be known. But your implication that's it's always the same pictures is a flat out lie.

I have something for that.

>engineer, architect, computer programmer, IT, banker, real estate agent, doctor, dentist, teacher, mortgage broker, insurance broker, truck driver, plumber, cop, actor, athlete?

You think there are enough of these jobs for 300 million people?

Again if I ever have the opportunity in my life to harm Canada I will do it happily.

>Let's not create any real wealth, we'll just make funny-money by bartering whatever wealth we already have

my implication is that your a paid shill who's only here to post propaganda

12/17/1992: Pres. Bush Signs NAFTA
abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/dec-17-1992-pres-bush-signs-nafta-15205420

wew lad

REAL OFFICIAL unemployment down to 5%. All time high job openings. 60% of new jobs paying over $25 per hour.

And you fucking losers still can't find jobs. All you do is bitch, bitch, bitch.

What?

The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38. Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994. Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs.

Lol I didn't make that. Cross out factory and call it service job. That'll trigger you faggots.

the service industry isn't being shipped to china shill

Truth and facts are propaganda now?

Wew lad

Pic related is the autistic propaganda.

>REAL OFFICIAL unemployment
>REAL
>OFFICIAL
kek

Pardon me?

ITT: people who are bad at math and understanding nuanced concepts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve

THANKS REPUBLICANS

Yeah it's going to India. Have you called your bank lately?

?

Its too late. Their too powerful

Oh you want the U4 that includes DISCOURAGED workers? Here you go. It's 5.3%

PROTIP:

The U3 unemployment rate has been the REAL OFFICIAL rate for decades but it became fake too when a scary black man brought it down to 5% and right wing retards went full autist.

>Government revenue needs to be as high as the economy can possibly support
Oh what the everloving fuck

no you're not

see this is pure propaganda

???

We established you're a fucking moron...Your welcome. This isn't democrat vs republican....Left vs. right this is globalist vs nation states

>Be company in year 1
>post 1billion profit
>Be company in year 2
>post 700mill profit
>lay off a ton of workers
>pay what little workers you have less

Holy fucking shit
Are you same Canadian faggot who doesn't know about economics and market corrections?

>a scary black man brought it down to 5%
there is always a recovery after a crash, regardless of leadership, to correlate this to the president is called political propaganda

What was that?

youtube.com/watch?v=AT2fsv7xt4E

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

>inb4 southern strategy didn't exist because right wing mental retardation