Why'd you pick up the instrument you play Sup Forums?

Why'd you pick up the instrument you play Sup Forums?
For me it was this video youtube.com/watch?v=6jQkxsEbnS4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZXD9sxa1Edo
youtube.com/watch?v=Iuy-10Ejck4
youtube.com/watch?v=MRHqSqpWYUE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_uujKuJMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My Dad introduced me to this when I was a wee lad.
>Thank you patrician Dad.

Led Zeppelin's "In Through the Out Door" made me want to play guitar

I wanted to play piano when I was little but for some reason it switched to guitar when I was around 9.

Creep made me play guitar just to learn it.

megadeth made me want to learn it, my own music made me want to master it

Picked up euphonium because in 4th grade anything a band director recommends to you is gospel.
Picked up trombone because it plays the same way but is way more fun and useful and is my favorite instrument to date.
Picked up drums/percussives because, ha, hitting stuff, and my childhood obsession with Neil Peart.

For me is was this

youtu.be/ZXD9sxa1Edo

Awkward but I got really good at Rock Band drums and decided it was time to graduate. Much easier transition than I expected.

dadrock and my dad

girl told me i could sing so i picked up a guitar

one day I'll own this...except it was a limited run color in like 2014, so I'll realistically never own one.

Guitarhero :/

Clapton's solo from this made me want to learn.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iuy-10Ejck4

I mean it's a pretty standard blues thing, but for some reason it got to me and still does.

Both playing 335's. Nice.

one of various
youtube.com/watch?v=MRHqSqpWYUE

The Girl I liked when I was 15 was one of those artsy bisexual 'I like to sing and play guitar' types

youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_uujKuJMI

Ditto

My dad was a drummer and enjoyed his dad rock, so did I.
Then I watched some Neil Peart and John Bonham solos.

I picked up bass because of guitar hero

to get pussy

damn really?
I was playing guitar long before I listened to the Mats, but I'm pretty sure hearing Let It Be made me realize I could write songs.

>She plays an offset

>it never worked because you suck

I always knew I wanted to play music.
I said to myself "if there were only a combination drums and guitar, I would play it".
Now I play bass.

Started playing accordion in third grade when I asked for one for Christmas because I was obsessed with They Might be Giants and Weird Al like a typical nerdy loser with an internet connection in the 90's.

Got really sick of it after being forced to play in nursing homes and at polka dances when all I really wanted to be in a rock band but was discouraged from playing guitar.

Now I'm finally learning to play conventional instruments and do electronic production. Wish I had just been a normal kid instead of having a perverse desire to be the "quirky" "different" on so that I could actually enjoy playing music with people now. This is why we need bullies.

i was arbitrarily placed in a band class in 6th grade and ended up playing clarinet.
took piano class in middle school as well.
my dad is a guitarist.

it was cheap and used and I'm poor