When did you grow out of your "pop music is bad" phase?

When did you grow out of your "pop music is bad" phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-SqRWImmI
youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ox-lGm-wA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When I found pop music I liked.

Around the time FROOT came out

You just turned 15 and you think you matured from shitty "real music" to this pop garbage.

about 3 years ago. It's not bad by itself, but the radio stations that play it are.

this board is for the discussion of music

First year of highschool so like 5 years ago, when I discovered Pulp I guess.

I never actually went into one. I always had some pop music I loved and I was never able to even fake disliking it.

Never did because I didn't suffer brain damage

When I was about 18. A friend of mine insisted that FutureSex/LoveSounds was awesome and after I stopped making fun of her long enough to actually listen to it, turns out it was.

When I was about 20.

The correct answer is whatever age you first listened to a Beatles album.

i can almost guarantee you still listen to metal

I actually grew out of my pop is good phase when I found out it was actually pure degeneration of the west. Listen to Wagner idiot.

If it was actually degenerative it wouldn't evolve, dummy.

I feel you. The 20/20 Experience was actually the album which made me realize pop could be good

I'm not sure it's always so cut-and-dry, but for me the moment I stopped discounting pop for the sake of being pop was when I listened to Bangerz by Miley Cyrus, initially pretty ironically. I realized that it wasn't hard to listen to in any way, and in fact there were a few good songs. In fact, the more I listened to it, I realized how much we judge music almost entirely on how much we listen to it. Almost any piece of music can be good if you listen to it enough.

Basically it's not that Bangerz proved to me that there's good pop music. It just proved to me that the only reason I thought it was bad was because I came in with the preconception that it was bad.

U wot m8?

ma fucking nigger

Pop is for Estrogen-Americans.

when i started going out and dancing with girls
i would say this "opened me up to enjoying different music" even more than discovering "good music" at 14.

>pop

>grindcore = good
>death metal = good
>punk = good
>pop = basically just un-creative commercial shit

Poptimism was a mistake. It's still just disposable music for teen girls and gay dudes.

t. 30 year old that still believes Britney is the queen

When pointing out someone else's double standards you shouldn't also have the same double standards

Never had it because i always liked David bowie and Michael jackson and beatles and beach boys

When I got into Radiohead.

>sounds bad cant dance to it fans are depressed
>sounds good fun to dance to fans are well adjusted

hmmmmmm

so autistic they pretend not to know what pop music means

Poptimism doesn't mean that all pop music is inherently good, it means that it CAN be good, e.g. Lorde and Justin Timberlake

The last pop song i liked was Royals

>just disposable music
please learn to have fun

I discovered this song when I was 11 have been on a pop kick every since.
I don't how or why I was so into rock music before, I barely listen to it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-SqRWImmI

underage b&

>Implying other genres aren't fun

Fuck off

When I listened to Françoise Hardy

not really just saying it doesnt have to last forever to be fun
you probably also dont casual sex

2017 - 1999 = 18, user.

When Jon Bellion released The Human Condition.

first time i heard this song was a homestuck video

A few months ago.
Pretty much when I hit 30.

Never had it because I was aware that a lot of the "alternative" stuff I listened to had a lot of pop music influence.

Nothing wrong with pop itself, just mainstream pop that's bad because of how fake and manufactured it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ox-lGm-wA

Im old.

I cant help it.

I want to fuck Charli

>fake and manufactured
i know!!!! it's like they pay people specifically to engineer this shit to sound good! unfair to indies!

>Well adjusted
code word for sub 100iq animals

When I heard Emotion and Emotion: Side B.

you think too much dont you?