What's up Sup Forums. I need some advice

What's up Sup Forums. I need some advice.

My brother is kind of a weirdo thief and he has always stolen with me. Think Pickle's brother from Metalocalypse. I Started a business recently but I am very concerned with what he might do to destroy it for short-term personal gain. We are seeing minuscule returns for the first time in a while but that has gotten his attention obviously.

How do I deal with the situation?

pic not related

>he has always stolen with me
Is this a typo or are you a thief as well?

> We are seeing minuscule returns for the first time in a while
Why would you get into business with a known thief?

Family doesn't mean shit. You should include people in your circle based on their actions and trustworthiness, regardless of blood relation. That's why we did away with monarchy and such. He sounds like a little fucker, so fuck him

bump for help anyone ever dealt with something like this?

Also he always used to follow me when I went to the store and stalk me online and all kinds of other shit. He's a real fucking weird guy. I'm honestly kind of creeped out by him. And now with the business I am genuinely concerned.

Tell him face to face to not steal from you, and that if you were to find out he did it will end badly for him.

Oh shit i assumed typo good point do you guys steal together or did he jack from you. Makes a huge difference

literally break his legs

Ok mr. Mafia man how about answers for non-mob kingpins? An average joe cant just expect someone not to steal bevause they tell them not too. You watched too many movies kid

No typo, he would invite his nigger friends into my room to steal my savings when I was younger. I never stole a fucking thing in my life, maybe by accident(pens etc) or for food when I was poor and hungry. No electronics and never for profit.

It's mainly me and my mom. But he wants to get invovled. I tried giving him a job to appease him (because I know he will get greedy eventually) but I am just planning for the future. WE are seeing a boom in profit and that will no doubt get his attention. He does some graphic design stuff for us to appease him so he doesn't get jealous and destructive, but I just want to secure the future before something goes wrong.

you threaten pain, and if he does you wrong you inflict it.

Nope, typo. It was always him and his nigger friends jacking shit. Both from me and from stores. I never got involved.

Come on dude that will only make the situation worse. I need to keep him liking me until I can cash in the business and then start another business on my own. I just don't have much experience dealing with these kind of people.

Kys faggot go watch scarface agin

Be more Don ya fucking faggot, Micheal killed fredo because he fucked him over.

>has nigger friends
>steals
Yea you can plan on him trying some shit. Give him all the inclusion he wants in your business so you can watch him/appease him but quietly expect the worst and keep everything of value locked up. Let him lurk around basically but make sure theres nothing he can do even if he tried

If you want to get an idea of his personality, once I bought him $1000 in car repairs only for him to crash it a week later and blame it on me because they "did" something to his car.

And I also bought him a $500 laptop with my college money because I thought his lazy ass would get a job or something, but he sold it a week later for $200 on Craigslist. Said it was for rent money but I doubt it.

I never tied to help him again, but now that I have a business with my mom, he 100% expects it. I know he will cause trouble if I don't begrudgingly help him with a "job" but I know better than to leave the business anywhere near him without me closely watching. If he convinces my mom to take her share (and she's stupid as fuck, so she'll fall for it) then everything I worked for the past 7 years is gone.

Anyone have experience dealing with these kind of uber selfish people?

Again not helpful for normal people in the real world.

That was my plan too. I feel like I'm holding a hot potato and it could burn me any moment.

What a fucking nuisance this guy has been my entire life. Why can't he move away and never come back? I thought he would move to Georgia with his girlfriend, but he was really abusive to her so she decided to move alone with her father's help. And he's still in my hair.

Thanks for your advice though. I do appreciate it.

ohhh shit so your mother and you are both invested in the business, and he can manipulate her I take it?

Understood. Just keep sensitive financial information secure and out of his reach and don't leave cash/valuable assets unsecured.

You can also bring up old times with him while you two shoot the shit and ask him what he thought about stealing at the time and how he feels about stealing these days.Be sure to tell him how being stolen from made you feel and what you'd do if someone stole from your business.

Hard mode: You can have the same conversation with your mother because she is a potential liability for your brothers' ways. Parents are notorious for making bad decisions with the intent to help their grown children.

Do you make dildos?

I strongly suspect he is convincing my mom not to send me much money. She has not been sending me enough money to survive for months now, and I am almost 100% sure it's him convincing her to give him money instead of me. She is very gullible and stupid. She tends to only listen to the closest person physically near her (he lives with her, I live on my own). She's always been that way. If you live far away you don't "love" her.

I'm really kind of stressed about it.

Exactly. She does all the legwork. I find clients. He does graphic design but gets paid a lot for it. My mom is very gullible and bends to anyone's will easily.

And yea sounds like a schemer. I've had the misfortune of dealing with one too, also family. They play your emotions, especially the female family that's especially sensitive about that shit, and like clockwork they fuck you over and find a way to come back for more.

So what exactly does he expect? A job and extra money when needed?

Agree about the mom liability. But I think this user underestimates a real, to-the-bone schemer. You almost feel bad for them because it's as if they can't even help it but you can make any appeal to them, no matter how sentimental, and they will still fuck you without loosing any sleep. It's like a mild psychopathy

BRREEAAK HHHIISS LLEGGSS

Break his logs?

Yeah but I predict he will want future "credit" for building the business despite doing very little if anything.

How did you deal with your situation? That's exactly the kind of past experience I'm looking for. Can you give me details about how it happened in your family? I have a lot at stake here with this business.

He's already keeping my mom from sending me money to survive and pay basic bills. I had to beg A LOT to be sent enough for basic necessities, up to the point of lying about my landlord being about to evict me. She simply would not budge and send me the necessary money to survive without me having to lie and make it seem urgent. That's why I strongly suspect he's behind it. Again. As always.

Oh yeah dude. I've felt bad for him in the past which is why I dropped thousands of dollars to bail him out, only for him to dig himself a deeper hole and blame me for it by helping in the first place. My mom has always sent him a lot of money while I worked my ass off to barely support myself.

He is a master manipulator with my mom and she is a 70 IQ certified retard. Used to be a fanatic christian. That's the kind of dynamic we're talking about here.

I know for a fact my brother will feel nothing by fucking my life and the family business over if he can afford cigarettes and alcohol for a few more months.

Most of my cousins are schemers, I just keep my distance and never allow them any power over me even if it means passing on an opportunity.

>mild psychopathy

Yep, sounds like it. He has the mentality of about a 12 year old. My mom always says that about him. She lives with him so she knows more than I do. But she is easily manipulated.

I am late on my bills constntly and can't pay for basic expenses to maintain the business, but he gets $100+ to make a simple photoshop page with a phone number. It's really fucked up.

Don't you guys have some understanding of who gets what cut of the profits? You get X%, she gets X%, etc? Just follow the paper trail to make sure all is up to snuff.

We agreed she would send me a certain amount each month but she has ended up sending me about 3/5 of what she agreed to. I am really struggling with basic necessities and cannot afford to expand the business. I have literally no fucking clue where all the money is going.

I have to pry the money out of her with fake landlord threats of eviction, sickness, being out of supplies for months, anything I can possily lie about to survive so she can send me basic liveable amounts of money. And even then, she never sends extra for expanding the business. We are growing because I finally convinced her after years to send me money for advertising. It was wasted potential for many years.

I'm really fucked right now if something goes remotely wrong. I am thinking of buying a car and performing all the services for our clients myself so I can cut her out and spend the money where it needs to be spent: reinvested into the business. But I have to do it in a way that she won't catch on.

I have to deal with this bullshit and it feels like a time bomb waiting to explode with my brother involved.

She also doesn't always report to me when she is paid in cash. I'm not stupid. I know she is holding back a lot of money for basic expansion. She always has money for life-threatening urgent emergencies on demand. But never enough if I need it for something non-urgent but completely legitimate, like an electric shut off notice.

>We agreed she would send me a certain amount each month but she has ended up sending me about 3/5 of what she agreed to.
What possible reason could she give you for not sending you exactly what you two agreed upon?
What possible reason would you not find that a glaring issue the first time around?
What possible reason would you allow her to cuck you over like that for any length of time?

I'm starting to believe you're a general pushover since your brother would steal from you and your mom gets away with paying you less than she said she would.

yea it will take me a sec hang on

>What possible reason could she give you for not sending you exactly what you two agreed upon?

She "doesn't have it". She's sending "everything she has".

>What possible reason would you not find that a glaring issue the first time around?

Been constantly asking for the money but the customers pay her and she keeps it.

>What possible reason would you allow her to cuck you over like that for any length of time?

Because I can't be there to accept payment myself. I don't have a car after a car accident. She gets the payment and I usually never see it

>I'm starting to believe you're a general pushover since your brother would steal from you and your mom gets away with paying you less than she said she would.

Yeah I used to be a real familial person, doing my best for the sake of the family and helping other people in general. But obviously that does not work. I learned to be more selfish and lie constantly so she sends me basic money to barely support myself.

I literally had to LIE about getting evicted for her to send me the agreed amount money for ONE month, compared to 3+ months of starvation money. Normally I would feel like a piece of shit about lying to manipulate people's feelings but when my basic survival is at stake I have no choice.

All this for a fcuking business I built myself single handed for 5-6 years. They joined in 1 year ago.

sleep tight, pupper

Sell everything
Start a new one without them

You are a pushover and make terrible decisions. Its no wonder people take advantage of you. You let it happen.

Cut them both out immediately. Hire people to collect payments or move to an online payment system. You're already gettimg fucked if your mother isn't handing in the money she receives from customers. It's business money, not her money. And if you're the owner of the enterprise then its your responsonility to hand it out as a payroll.

Fire them. Never mix business and family. Keeping them in assures the failure of the business. If they disagree then take your share and cut your losses.

>schemer cousin and I are best buds
>he lies almost compulsively about everything all the time, I just kind of accept it
>years later we're 18-19-ish
>both really into weed, smoking buying and selling
>both have stashes, lots of mine tends to go missing
>lock it in a cheap little lockbox while I'm at school one day because so much keeps dissapearing
>he's home all day because dropped out
>get home, locks broken, a G or two missing
>swears it wasn't him
>it was
>shit like that goes on for years, sometimes hundreds worth of shit
>as we start selling more the amounts scammed/stolen from me just have more zeros behind them
>he started doing a lot of pills, benzos and then dope
>lied about it even though he was drooling on himself and nodding out (kek)
>goes on for a year or so
>finally just move, cut him out
>loose my entire client base have to start from scratch
>havn't spoken in years

the moral is you have to cut him out but that's obviously going to be tricky given that your business is more legit. Hope a better solution can be found

I may dislike them but I care about my little sister and brother who are too young to know how manpiulative my brother is.

I wnt to leave them a working business but cash out my shre and start a few other ones on my own.

At the moment I physically need my mom to do the leg work. I don't have a car right now.

This might be the inevitable future. I don't know how long I can ride this out before having to cash out and move on. I can't do it just yet but thank you for the advice.

Damn man sorry to hear. Maybe when weed gets legal to grow you can at least sell it with minimal risk on your own to people.

I have kind of the same story. This faggot would always steal my shit, sneak into my room, look into my computer, talk shit about me to everyone, etc. Zero sense of respect or self-decency. Just a nigger basically. Always fucking me over, dindu nuffin.

I am cursed to have a nigger brother. At least yours is a cousin and you can distance yourself more easily. IT fucking sucks if it's a brother especially if he lives with your mom.

I can't afford an employee right now but I think the constant lack of ability to pay basic bills are starting to justify it. It has to be done in a way they won't notice it.

>dont have a car
I assume your mom gets paid for doing the legwork? If so simply offer (demand) to "rent" her car from her and do the legwork yourself. This ensures its you handling the cash. It cannot be stressed enough how critical it is that you prevent the money from being in the hands of those people. If what you're saying is true then your mother is stealing from you.

If she refuses to rent her car then simply hire someone else to do it and remove her from that role.

Thanks for the advice dude. I sincerely doubt she will let me rent her car.

>If she refuses to rent her car then simply hire someone else to do it and remove her from that role.

Trying to save up money for that right after I get enough to get my own car.

They really have me by the balls dude. I don't think I am in a position to demand shit right now. I'm at their mercy without a car and the ability to do jobs myself.

All the jobs are an hour away so I need a very fuel efficient car to start taking back control. I see these people betraying me the instant real money starts coming in. If they do it now, they will certainly do much worse later.

Unless they start sending me enough money to survive and expand the business, it is inevitable they will betray me. I see the writing on the wall and I want out. I don't see them sending me enough to survive without me literally worshipping them like a beggar for my basic expenses.

Thank you for your advice everyone. I guess I will do some research on the dynamics of family business and betrayals online.

>She "doesn't have it". She's sending "everything she has".
Translates to a "take it or leave it" power play. You think its your brother who is taking advantage of her but it is SHE who is taking advantage of YOU.

>Been constantly asking for the money but the customers pay her and she keeps it.
How did you run a business for 6 years without an accountable SOP for cash handling and general bookkeeping?

>She gets the payment and I usually never see it.
Why on earth would you not keep your mother to any level of accountability or transparency in YOUR business?

>I learned to be more selfish and lie constantly so she sends me basic money to barely support myself.

That is not a change from being a pushover, you aren't asserting yourself over her with business sense. Sorry user you're still a CUCK.

How did you allow yourself to become so out of the loop with your own business? You should know how many accounts that are serviced and how much they paid to your company.

I think I know where your brother gets it from. You gave away your business.

>Translates to a "take it or leave it" power play. You think its your brother who is taking advantage of her but it is SHE who is taking advantage of YOU.

Yes in a way that's true. I don't think I can trust either of them really. It's been that way for a long long time. I need to watch out for myself. But like I said I have younger siblings I want to leave a working business for. I don't intend to sell the business and cash out, just want to cash out my share. When I leave it needs to be making a significant amount of money for my younger siblings to live off of.

>How did you run a business for 6 years without an accountable SOP for cash handling and general bookkeeping?

Was always cash payment but I never made any real money. My mom wouldn't even drive me to do jobs when my car would break down or in emergencies. She didn't even let me do jobs from home inside her house (let's say it's a cooking company and she didn't let me use the oven, that's the best I can explain it.) Now that there's money and some slight future they're interested. But I have a bad feeling from them.

>Why on earth would you not keep your mother to any level of accountability or transparency in YOUR business?

I do but like I said they have me by the balls right now. I cannot physically do the jobs without a car. I am at their mercy and they have shown me they don't care about my basic expenses, let alone extra money to expand the business.

>That is not a change from being a pushover, you aren't asserting yourself over her with business sense. Sorry user you're still a CUCK.

Yeah kind of. I guess I learned from it. I refuse to be a fucking lame ass cuck in the future though.

There was this one time where it was a 100 degree day in the house. They all huddled into the only room with a working air conditioner and locked me out. I will remember that day for the rest of my life. These people are not my friends by any means.

>How did you allow yourself to become so out of the loop with your own business? You should know how many accounts that are serviced and how much they paid to your company.

I physically had to. She just doesn't hand most of the payments to me to manage. It's ironic that I would still give her back 80%+ of the payment if she handed it to me on her own. But being unable to keep track of the money is itself a huge setback for the business. I'm not really emotionally invested in it but it is my lifeline for the time being. Best not to get invested for the day they will inevitably betray me.

>I think I know where your brother gets it from. You gave away your business.

Yeah I really hate that little shit. Always spying on me, taking money from me, inviting fucking niggers to dig around in my room and steal from me. With that guy out of my life and a higher quality mom I would have been a millionaire at 21.

The reason people are poor is because others around them keep them poor. While I was working my ass off during college, my mom was sending money to my deadbeat brother doing nothing. So I ran out of money and dropped out. These people wasted my life. And they will waste "our" business if they decide to turn it into theirs. They have no sense of investment for tomorrow and only think about spending the money they have today.

Thank you for your advice. I was indeed a stupid fucking cuck for most of my life.

>She just doesn't hand most of the payments to me to manage.
>With that guy out of my life and a higher quality mom I would have been a millionaire at 21.
>The reason people are poor is because others around them keep them poor.
>These people wasted my life.
>they will waste "our" business if they decide to turn it into theirs.

You're still cuck-minded in this hour.

I can't believe how much you blame everything around you, and don't act for your own self interest.

Have some fucking personal agency, you can make decisions and enact change its not up to others to do the right thing for you to have success.

You grew up in a single-mother household didn't you?

Okay what am I supposed to do without a fucking car?

OP, its so easy. That's your shit. Do exactly what you want with it. Don't fear him or the idea of what he might do. Man up and tell him straight that this business is important to you and you won't tolerate any bullshit and that you won't hesitate to do what's necessary to protect it.

I kind of want to share it with them but in a healthy way, in a way where I can guarantee they won't screw me. It looks like I will have to 100% own it by myself without them having a share. They will destroy it but I will always be there to give them profit as needed. They simply can't be trusted with true ownership.

That's the thing though. It's not really my mom. I can manipulate her into doing things that actually benefit her, but if my brother is around he will manipulate her into doing things that hurt her for his own short term personal gain. I WANT to benefit my family, even if it makes me a cuck basically. But I don't want them to fuck me over. It's like trying to feed a lion raw meat with you bare fingers. I have my siblings to look out for. I can't just take all of it from them. They need to benefit too, but I can't let my brother screw me over. I want my mom to make most of the money, but not virtually ALL of it.

My brother has always been the main problem. If he just fucked off to Georgia everything would be fine but he just had to beat the shit out of his girlfriend and insult her all the time. Why do people like this exist and why the fuck are they in my life ?

You get a buddy or two to go with you to your mom's place. They will be witnesses as also backup to what comes next. Take a bus or an Uber or something idc.

You tell them that you'll be overseeing the funds from now on and reiterate who gets what is still gonna stay.

You get ALL the cash on hand and tell them when they'll be paid(end of the month is reasonable in this situation).

You have people with you to make sure no funny stuff goes on and to strong arm them if they try to prevent you leaving with the money.

You leave and give your buddies some cash for helping you out and immediately use what is left to get a shitty vehicle ASAP and pay your own bills to stay afloat for another month.

If there is money left over to pay them, pay them. If not, don't and tell them why or lie idc.

You will then be financially solvent and able to visit them at a moments notice in the future. That is the most important thing, even if the business goes under as a result.

You need to make a google doc, excel spreadsheet or something to keep a record of how many accounts and how much money comes in that you and your family can fill out and can check on where ever you are.

They'll still be handling the money in the short term but at least they can't make you homeless.

Homelessness is a very real threat right now if things keep going the way they are.

Thank you for the advice again. I don't have any friends like that though. We get money per job, they don't just keep it somewhere.

>I can't just take all of it from them.
You WILL and you WILL return what they need if you have it by the end of the month.

A hard month for them isn't the worst thing in the world for them to experience. In the end everything will be more stable for everyone.

>That's the thing though. It's not really my mom.
Your mother is 100% guilty in this, you two have an arrangement and she is being shitty and not giving her SON what is his..

Your brother is a scumbag to his family, you're a cuck manipulator and liar to your family. Your MOTHER is the one who raised BOTH of you and is the center of the problem. Love your mother but see her for what she is.

She is a maternal cannibal who would see her son homeless by her own greedy actions. If there are kids shes taking care of she will SACRIFICE YOU to take care of them.