This movie made me sad. Just watched it, can someone help me understand the ending?

This movie made me sad. Just watched it, can someone help me understand the ending?

he sacrificed his life i think

don't bother, it's shit

literally edgelord: the film

Go look up the Renegade Cut video on it, the guy explains it and gives you an interpretation if you don't like your own.

Everything that happened was a direct result of him, so he took himself out of the equation

Is that the prequel to S. Darko?

theatrical cut: god-tier
director's cut: trash

it would be fun and interesting to analyse and interpret the movie but according to the dc it's just really convoluted sci-fi.

Watching it, thanks senpai

No problem, user-kun

From a plot standpoint: Donnie recognized that his accidental survival resulted in an alternate timeline where a girl he grows to love dies, and accepts his fate to die in the main timeline so that the girl might live. Basically.

From an artistic standpoint: everyone wakes up from bad dreams with 'Mad World' playing to symbolize that everybody wrestles with internal demons to some degree, and that Donnie wasn't as alone as his teenage angst lead him to believe. Idk, decent enough ending point to a lesd-than-conventional movie.

It's my favorite coming-of-age movie, on a side note. Sorta sends up that trope to a degree, as well as having fun with metaphysics.

He realized that every bad thing that happened was a result of his continued presence in the timeline. So he went back and removed himself to keep it all from happening.

I interpreted the actions of the people in the "Mad World" montage as their kind of having a residual sense of the things that happened in the timeline where Donnie wasn't in his room when the engine dropped in on him.

Sure thing, but I think the two amount to the same notion of the characters dealing with some of their darker and/or hidden facets.

You're objectively right, though; giveaway is when Frank is messing with the eye that he lost in the tangent universe.

this p much

gyllenhaal was such a qt in this

These

Enjoyed it the first time when it was called Looper.

Except when she was crying at the end of the movie.

which one? :3

Both, tbqh

both desu but I'm straight so I meant Maggie

She was really cute, I don't know why but I thought she looked like Elizabeth Olsen in the halloween party

But her death is inevitable anyway, does he not realise that? I mean one day shes gonna die anyway and he sacrifices his life just so she can grow old? Seriously what a fag.

I chuckled

The TC is legitimately a 10/10, the DC is legitimately a 0/10.

FAGGOT