Consciousness and the 'soul' is a signal and our brain is the receptor, do you believe this...

consciousness and the 'soul' is a signal and our brain is the receptor, do you believe this? are we spiritual or energic beings living in a material body and world?

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The material world is the shadow of the spiritual world

SO crucify the ego before it's far far to late.

We are all God

how do you kill the ego?

whatever is going on, it has to account for this:

>monitoring this thread

kek

It's impossible. You can shut it for your whole life but it will still be there, in a coma, but alive.
Ego is the burden of the human being. Is the consequence of the "original sin". The ego is the meaning and purpose of the self: to defeat and conquer it. To understand that you are nothing is at the same time your fuel and your death.

No. The soul is the design, the form. The matter is the material, the atoms who limit the soul in the finite world. Like Plato said, there is an idea of the soul and is outside of this finite universe. Our souls (yours, mine, his and hers) are participations of that idea in this world that constantly changes. But the "soul", or better said The Soul, is somewhere else, and we will never access it nor contemplate it. That's beautiful.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

It's a lot to read, take it slow and it will answer your question

okay /x

Most of our knowledge about the brain we know by poking around in it and seeing what goes wrong

Kinda like with a radio, if you poke around and see what goes wrong you'd conclude that specific parts seem to be responsible for certain things

in the end, the brain could be a reciever

Multi-simulation maybe. Like, this is one simulation with a physical everything, and the next simulation will be another simulation with physical everything. I'd wager that this life is a school for souls.

I would like to point out that we have only ever experienced physical reality. So it only makes sense that the mind needs a body. On the other hand, there not being anything after this is too mathematically unlikely since this life is so short when compared to eternity.

Not even small amounts of evidence that the brain receives or transmits any kind of detectable signal, nobody is psychic, nobody is telepathic.

There are no ghosts, no spirits, and anyone who believes so is ignoring the fact that there has been literally zero evidence ever for anything like that.

In get it though, it's wishful thinking to elevate yourself over the station of autonomous meat puppet and gives you hope that you're not just following a thermodynamically determined fate and that you have free will.

All an illusion. We are the physical embodiment of the thinking universe, but so are mice, dogs, fish. We aren't special.

Oh, and the idea of reincarnation is dumb because that would be like eternal oblivion (the end of 'you'). Why all the experiences and memories if you'll just lose them in the end. Wouldn't make sense - besides there's thousands of religions pointing towards an afterlife. No smoke without fire.

>no smoke without fire

Bullshit.

Come on, you could literally experience the spiritual by practicing New Energy Ways or by evoking a Goetic spirit. Why would spirituality exist in a pointless, dying existence?

I used to. Then i realised its just as baseless and silly as any other meta claim with no evidence.

It was a nice crutch when i was suffering from extreme stress and anxiety because my life wasnt going well. Its nice to feel special when you have no other reason to.

But as is, user, if this is true science will find it, if not, then people will.be singing about it for eons anyhow.

Either way this information has no tangible effect on your life. Make no extreme life changing decisions based around this.

christ, you are dumb.

It would help explain collective agency

You could also argue against life with that same logic. Things seem to conveniently arranged for life if you ask me. Especially in such a hostile universe.

Explain?

zero evidence or logical reason to believe this when you consider that the result of being able to be so aware of yourself seemingly from nothing, creates the question of 'why?' with no obvious answer. That creates perfect conditions for assumptions by a brain what's sole purpose, to gather information and explain, things which it can do very very well AND very very poorly. Being conscious is just a result of events that happened in the past, and of course following the trend of natural selection proved to be advantages so stuck around. humans have the tendency to think they are the center of the universe or unique in a way that we are select group 'chosen' by whatever deity of 'cosmic' ladeda sounding thing you what to use this century when the simple fact is the universe does not care about you. it never did, never will, and still won't loooong after we vanish because it's literally just stuff happening with no intended goal and there never was.
>tl;dr: no

Your inability to distance yourself from the hobgoblins of the human mind has convinced you that bullshit without any emperical evidence has merit. You are stupid, uncritical, and dumb as hell.

He seems more happy than i do.

i have no idea what that means. i understand what you're saying, and the thought you're trying to get across, but it doesn't really mean anything.

I once witnessed an object fly off a surface by itself.

> what even is the anthropic principle.

So you don't understand we live within an atmosphere with currents?

Why are you so hostile? Some people are materialists, or emergent materialists like you (?), and others believe in more spiritual paradigms. I suspect that this all is a simulation.

I once saw a dragon.

I also have the same amount of proof that you do.

Do you believe me?

>Do you believe me?
I believe you. Seeing visions is normal. I once saw a UFO in fact, but knew that it was a vision and not a spacecraft.

Simulation? What do you mean, like the matrix? Seems unlikely to me personally but i do think where life parts there might be something else not bound to our logical understanding. Do mind i said "might".

Nope, I killed it and ate it's heart to gain it's courage. No hallucinations, 100% genuine dragon.

Because that's literally what the universe itself told me. It's a long story. Pic related.

Has anyone heard of the Perennial Nigger Theory?

Because stupid people make the world measurably worse. No one gives a fuck what you believe, materialists have made everything you depend on, spiritual bullshit people have leeched from it all. You are a parasite on the greater body of humanity.

Well, many great thinkers were more or less spiritual. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

lol you forgetting that humans and animals don't need drugs to hallucinate? and that humans can hallucinate incredibly detailed things that obviously don't ever happen.
>be 6 years old
>go downstairs to grab a packet of crisps
>turn to leave
>I literally SEE a blue gremlin hand with white sleeve wave at me as if the owner of that hand was hiding to the side of the doorframe
>as clear as if i held my hand infront of my face
>lighting, shading, movement, even the fucking height you expect a gremlin to be etc
Knowing that hallucinations can and do happen, that explanation fit the bill way better than ''IT HAD TO BE GREMLINS NO OTHER ANSWER''
When I was 6 obvs I thought it was real but you should grow out of believing bollocks as you get older.

>do you believe this?
No.
>are we spiritual or energic beings living in a material body and world?
No.

We're sacks of meat. Your consciousness is just an emergent property of the brain.

and nothing they contributed was spiritual. Should be a clue, dumbass.

It wasn't a hallucination. It was a bona fide paranormal phenomenon. Believe me or not, and I was sober at the time.

That's because it was the norm back then. Just like in ancient Greece they used to fuck young boys, they had some of the greatest and most significant philosophers of all time.
Doesn't mean fucking kids has anything to do with it. Just how being as religious as you contemporaries doesn't mean it's a significant factor in any way.

by doing tons of drugs right? that's what you guys usually tell each other

Okay.

>thinks a spirit/soul can exist after death
>doesn't think what was learned/experienced can be imprinted, then masked, so another physical life may follow

I see holes

Learned information is only stored in the brain. Once that rots away all the information is lost too. Nothing carries over, there is nothing for anything to carry over too.

you even read my story? I was fucking six years old. as sober you can be but nope, YOURS was real. Of course it was. paranormal phenomenon is the only answer. makes complete sense and holds up to ALL scrutiny 100%.

this

You're just as dumb as a flat earther, without the grace to admit it.

I told you I believe you. Otherwise you made it up. It's 50/50. Doesn't mean that dragons "exist", you need to think about the dragon metaphysically.

I read it, i comprehended most of it, but i can't really relate to it. Sorry, to each his own.

Np.

I recommend a high dose of liberty caps

where you getting at OP

Poor thing. To live so long and be so ignorant.

Nice bait OP. Respect to you my dude

Bit of a smug attitude. Give me one piece of evidence that any kind of spirituality is valid.

I already know you can't, as you'd be world famous if you had such evidence. but give it a go if you're so sure.

We are special because we strive to be so. Never has a living thing questioned itself so much and tried to reach more than it was made for.
Maybe our believe in beeing special is what defines us and makes us special
>special
>special

There are estimated to be over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the know universe.

But yeah, I'm sure there are no other entities that developed consciousness like we have....

A) No where in the response to my story did you say you believed me. Now don't just say ''you did'' we can all see the text
B) I wouldn't need make it up because hallucination aren't a new thing
C) >you need to think about the dragon metaphysically
literally saying make it up as you go along. the concept of a dragon didn't exist until someone thought of it so how did it exist in ANY form before when its just bird+lizard (with firebreath thrown in)
D) How bloody high are you?

The brain is not the mind. The brain is merely an interface between the mind and other things like physical reality. That is what causes scientists to wrongly conclude that the brain is the mind.

bro, although interesting, this is fail because magic does not exist. Its a kin to religion, which in their minds do exist, but with no physical alterations. None of your enticing ramblings, present scenarios of which you are explaining really exist. Otherwise it'd be pretty much common knowledge, not some whispering of a cosmic conspiracy theorist. However I did save, for further study and cross referencing if needed for the future, and no for the most part deranged people do not have good lives. Check out a mental ward sometimes plenty of folks living the good life there eh? kudos.

I said I believe you:
Take it easy.

So what sort of influences do you feel brought about this incident of the gremlin?

I used to see shit when I was a kid. lived in terror.. mostly because of religious brainwashing.

Grab a copy of Goetia and practice from it, and soon magic exists (for you). You can't make it exist for a die hard skeptic of course, they'd need to personally practice which they won't because they are lazy pussies.

>this number in just the sience know universe
We don't even know how big the universe really is so how are we gonna know if we are special or just think we are.
It will stay a mystery for a long time.
Fun fact is that the universe (maybe) is expanding faster than light so eventually new life has a neraly unlimited chance to be born in this expansion

Ill check it out, but are you not selling snake oil at this point? Just to give you an example. I spent my early years of my life yearning so much for a christian god to use me to do his will, to change the world, and I never felt the fire that other had. It totally made me feel like shit for years. I felt zero of this awesome god love. So what your saying in reference to your post then, is that I just need to have some faith?

Where did that retarded 2 come from

Four systems that easily prove magic are:

Modern Magick (Kraig)
Initiation Into Hermetics (Bardon)
New Energy Ways (Bruce)
Goetia

If you can't figure out Goetia, then try those ones. I've done everything in them and know that they work.

My guess is that it is not expanding, it only exists as it is being observed. Thus it facilitates our needs to be observers. Kinda like Superman is as powerful as he needs to be.

so how about an example of a spell you cast recently that brought forth results that were physical?

> stating facts
>retarded
hmmm... k.

no way to know for sure. the consciousness could be an effect of our physical minds.. hence why it becomes more developed with the brain

Yeah, you're not delusional. That's why you've proved this to the world and are now super rich from proving magic is real.... Oh ...wait....

Of course I can't promise that they *work*, poor choice of words on my part, but I can promise that they produce spiritual results. I mean, magick isn't a science per se. Some people get wysiwyg results while others get vague results or no results at all. Many times the results are subjective, like, your money spell works through you. You get a job or w/e and get some money. For example I evoked Iophiel, the intelligence of Jupiter, and won some money in lottery, but that worked through me. We aren't talking about hundreds of thousands here. Magick is mostly bs in that sense...Crowley never got rich.

Jesus christ I meant that 2 in the reply
Fuck me and my double meaning posts

> magick isn't a science

Yeah, it's made up bullshit.

Ever heard of confirmation bias?

Why don't you go evoke Paimon and ask for something.

Magic does not work you fucking retard

2 cents: Consciousness is like a magnetic field, the brain is like a coil within the field. The Mind is the electric potential created when the coil moves within the field or the field moves around the coil.

This is scientifically known as Electromagnetic Induction.
This is spiritually known as

"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is just a dream, and we are the imaginations of ourselves! Here's Tom with the weather..." ~Bill Hicks

I mean its an interesting way to see it. But what if some day we have the technologie to see far far beyond. Wouldn't that mean universe would somhow creat the odds to other existent life and these odds will eventually reach infinity or just strive it. But even if the chance of this happeninb would be 99,99999999999% there is still that little chance left that it won't haplen

we are particles that act like waves when observed.

get over yourself.

Because any results you get are pure coincidence, but you attribute them to your 'magick'.

If nothing happens, then the magic didn't work, right? No, just means both outcomes are not connected to your supisticion,
Have a read on how animals display evidence of the same thing, repeating a pattern if it once gave them some kind of result, leading them to believe that was the cause of it.

It never is of course, but they're stupid animals.

> being this ignorant of how particle wave duality works.

Can't tell if you're serious because of how stupid you sound. ITT poes law

There is no matter.

I've got nothing to say. You may be right. We all find our own truths.

If it makes you feel better then by all means I've no problem with anyone thinking like that. Not that you need the approval of a random user.

But claiming it's true requires some kind of proof for me personally.

You've got to think of it this way, all religious leaders are 100% sure they picked the right religion, but they obviously can't ALL have chosen the right one. But they've convinced themselves. Same principal really.

yeah, thats what i thought. So instead ill just be confident in myself, and utilize my brain in other more productive methods. Example; I want money, therefore I will go earn it through a business venture, and by utilizing my skills learned from education, I will then be able to see it into fruition. real 'physical' results. Now thats real magic. :^)

You can only ever prove the supernatural to yourself. I can't prove it to you over the Internet. Chances are I couldn't prove it physically either. You'd need to take a grimoire and do every step in it, and when you stand in the circle and the spirit in the triangle, you would then speak a wish to it, i.e. charge the spirit with your statement of intent.

I never got into magick because I wanted physical things out of it, but, instead, I picked up a magic book because I wanted to know if there is more to this. Turned out there was.

are you op yo?

No

Look into Dzogchen meditation practices. Or take a fuckload of LSD (not permanent like Dzogchen tho).

Once upon a time I was given an image. This image is almost impossible to recreate as it was extremely complex. But here his my best (and quick) representation of said image.

What's depicted is that during life, yourself from the higher state of existence is viewing through a multidimensional "window". There are others beings who are immediately connected to you and watch you from this higher realm during the entire time you're alive.

When you die, the window disappears and you snap right back into this higher state of existence. Then some time later, you'll have the opportunity to do it again.

It feels like an assertion that doesn't really explain anything. I've had this sensation before while intoxicated but it's not something I've yet been able to reconcile with the facts of reality as I understand them.

I see no evidence of this realm, every experience I've had I've been able to find cause of in the material world. Biochemistry and Neurology are at a point where I don't think its possible to not accept that what we all are are physical beings in a physical universe. What we know of as the self, our conciousness, is dependent upon the structure. You take a drug and your brain regulation is disrupted and the process is altered, manifesting as a drunken decision or a highdea.

its a pleasant thought but thats all it seems to be.