Brick houses

>this confuses and enrages the american

>town's buildings are all red bricks
>houses are often built out of brick
>all because there aren't 10 tornadoes every year passing through here
They also look much better than the OP.

I live in a brick house built in the 19th century. They don't build them like they used to.

>be American
>live in a house made of cardboard
lmao

inb4 muh aircon

A tornado is not going to tear down a double brick home unless it directly hits it
also it doesn't matter how many 'brick homes' your suburb has, I can almost guarantee they do not use ceramic roof tiles and that plastic shit looks cheap as fuck

It's not a suburb, retard, nor does it use "plastic shit".

but what do you do if there's an earthquake??

You're right. Now they build them with better materials, better foundations, better insulation, better technique and better just about everything.

Iber houses are the best

>tfw ywn come home to your tanned brunette Portuguese wife in a traditional villa style house in Caldas da Rainha and have bacalhau à braz

I see plenty of homes with ceramic roofs. Plastic wouldn't hold up against the heat and cold at all. We can't even use wood shingles because of the fire hazard. Our homes aren't that different than yours straya.

even the cheapest homes in australia are not built like american homes, they at the very least have a tiled or metal roof
this bullshit you see on 99% of american homes, plywood roof with a coating of tar over the top, you live in a fast food outlets

What do you think is under that tile or metal in your kangaroo home?

>making fun of someone=obsessed
you wish

Worse architecture

better than having your ass freeze during the winter

wood is the best, and most versatile
but brick can also be nice, not suitable or best for a lot of areas though

>building your own tomb
Nice try yuropoor

>can't even use wood shindels
this is more proof USA is stuck in 1600's

Wood """"houses"""" cant even compete.

can you give us a rundown on spanish names for different houses pedro

>brick
>not granite

i am with americans

Not him, but
>cortijo: Adalusian villa
>pazo: Galician villa
>chalet: used nation-wide for a country house that is big and similar to a villa

There's probably other names I can't think of right now though

>You forgot:
Casona: asturian house (pic related)

Masia: typical house of Aragon, Cataluña but also South of France (pic related)

Forgot pic

why are you all living in mansions and palaces reeeeee

Caserio: from Navarra and Basques

>A tornado is not going to tear down a double brick home unless it directly hits it
I can tell you've never experienced a tornado in your life.

I can tell you've never experienced a double brick house in your life

ok stop ill never be able to afford one and getting really jelous

Carmen: house with an inner yard from Granada.

bad meme
there was some american construction worker here the other day
they could build perfectly fine brick houses
but you cant afford it

Pic

>tfw my house is apparently Iber architecture

Castillian house 1/2

?

I'm saying that even the weakest class of tornado can launch debris at high-enough speeds to completely destroy brick houses (hell, even most bank vaults aren't sturdy enough to withstand a direct hit).

And even if a house is still standing after a tornado, the internal structure is usually so completely fucked up that you have to tear down most of the house and rebuild it again anyway.

t. grew up in a brick house that was leveled by a tornado back in 1999

Castillian house 2/2

Always amusing to see the lil cunts punching up when all the knowledge they have of the US is clearly from television.

Medium kek

And finally, Cantabrian house

Dont worry, neither me, that house are fucking expensive

they look so nice and comfy

Hmm, these Cantabrian houses look like our houses way back. If you Spaniards have anything under your belt, it's creating pretty architecture.

>hey, there's lots of tornados here. maybe we should build our houses in a safer area?
>AWW HELL NAWW

It's literally the most fertile farmland in the US. Even though there's lots of tornadoes there, your chances of being hit by one are still astronomically small. There are people in tornado alley who live their entire lives without seeing one.

Please help. Alaska is being consumed by these things.

What is Alaska like? I always found it very beautiful and I wanted to live there (I am aware of the general dangers of living there). What are the demographics, economy and general development of Alaska?

>inspect photo
>walk outside

What are these hard blocks making up my home? I thought I ordered a copy paper house.

Metal roofs are becoming pretty popular here. Asphalt shingles are still the norm, but more and more I am seeing people replace or build new houses with metal roofs.

It isn't just even the Midwest that gets hit by them. The southeast and even up into the mid Atlantic gets them. It's just literally the nature of the land.

Economics? Stratified due to the high costs of everything: you either have a well-paying career, connections to someone with a career, are part of the military, a native who gets some benefits, or are a poor person, or if you're a native that made particularly bad decisions, a poor native. Most of the chaff are centered in downtown Anchorage/Fairbanks and you can tell the good neighborhoods from the bad by how well they keep the exteriors of the buildings. The drunks usually don't stray outside these sections of cities, and when you move out to the bush they vanish completely, though lately I've been hearing of hooligans moving into to richer places to carjack in Anchorage, and drug dealers sometimes hide in forest-side trails.

View is indeed beautiful. Living outside the city center gives you quick access to the forests, and the mountains can be seen universally. What they don't tell you is how dark it gets. Around winter time, you can get as low to 3 to 5 hours of light a day depending on where you live, and for the far regions like Barrow, it's simply lights out for a month. Constant darkness can drive people batty, and it also means lots suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.

Economy has been in a slight rut for the past two years as we've hit repeated bureaucratic rumblings on how to handle government spending in tandem with a drop in our oil prices leading to downsizing, which tends to directly impact the demand for every other industry as people move in and out. Medical personnel and commercial pilots are always in demand. You still get an annual paycheck just from living here, but it's not going to pay for a month of living on its own at this point. These recession typically don't last longer than a couple years, and it is predicted things will be normalizing "normalizing" around early 2018.

One other fun tidbit: you get to see F-22s and soon F-35s on a monthly to weekly basis if you chose to live in vicinity of any of the air bases.

Thanks for the extensive reply Alaskabro.

Also, Alaska seems to have a crime (theft, murder, rape) problem, but I've been told it's mostly the Natives fucking with eachother by some Amerianons.

Correct, crime is largely centered around feuds which can lead to shootouts (we got at least one last year), but occasionally some asshole will try and break into a car if they think nobody is looking. While this is to be expected from the seedier areas (look for slashed tires), a couple have tried to steal from the upper hill neighborhoods that contain the actual homes of the police force: one's been caught, the other is being searched for last I checked. Police will generally act favorably if you speak to them kindly, with the exception of the beat cops who patrol down town. Overt pick pockets aren't to common, but if you lose your smart phone or wallet or something a negro (nignogs likewise exist here in small number) will more likely loot it than try and give it back; I lost 600.00$ that way once. It hurt.

Universities function as leftist embassies and in the case of Anchorage intersect with strip malls so you can expect to bump into the hipster or occasionally worse, but THE leftist embassy out of all of them is located in Fairbanks, in the half of UAF that isn't devoted to STEM.

Enjoy your paper house in the burbs Prajeet. It's probably worth 1/4 of the price mine is.

(Checked)
One more question, what is the Panhandle like?
It seems beautiful, and I think they extract gold there, don't know much else. I know that it's probably the most isolated place in the US.

Unfortunately It's been over a decade since I last toured there, and I can't give you any information that you couldn't find on a search engine. It's significantly warmer around the handle than core Alaska and the trees grow to large proportions. The remoteness means transportation to and from there is pretty darned expensive, and tourism is just as big an industry as logging and mining.

That reminds me: because of Alaska's constant sunlight, out in the valley the farmers are able to grow some rather mean crops. Just last year, I hauled home a zucchini that was perhaps 14 pounds from the state fair for a few dollars. Enough for a week's meal! Sunflower growing is a major pastime up there, and their largest stalks can grow several feet tall. On an unrelated note, a few years back, one of our major pastures closed down after local milk production became unprofitable.

Thanks for the answers Alaskabro, take care.