Post -your- musical artist. The one that you're either so fanatic about that their names are attached to you...

post -your- musical artist. The one that you're either so fanatic about that their names are attached to you, or that artist that nobody knows or cares about except you.

Not unpopular but Animal Collective. I've only been to three shows but my next tat is going to be the STGSTW artwork (also from a poem called There Will Be Stars, which has also come to mean a lot to me.) I've studied creepily into all of them and their crew as closely as possible. All of my friends associate them with me pretty much and I think this is a symptom of obsession for autism.

Margot & The Nuclear So & So's. Every album is different but every song has a special place in my heart. The lyricism is messy but beautiful and the music behind it matches in such a perfect way. Listening to Margot and drinking wine is my ideal situation on any occasion.

But I know about Screaming Females and Marissa, user.

Probably Shiina Ringo.

Absolutely love this band. This album is the underrated masterpieces of 2002.

Seconded for Animal Collective... I don't think any band will ever steal my top spot

His first two albums are among my all-time favorites.

The Buckley Boys

love to shill these guys here, but I don't think anyone will care much about them

Modest Mouse 100% but also Deak with Sleep Cycle. Sleep Cycle resonated more with me than any other album I've ever listened to. It's an absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

Modest Mouse is probably the right answer though.

I will always listen to everything this man releases till I die or he stops making music

I actually really loved his latest ambient EP and I think the only reason people didn't like it was because it didn't have any beats, but they didn't realize he cranked the atmosphere to 11.

Lil Ugly Mane
also this

also been pretty obsessed with clarence clarity's music since no now

Gregorian chant vibes on the last one

>Lil Ugly Mane

this

Anal Cunt

I am literally the only person in my circle of friends and family who likes Bruce Springsteen and he's my all time favorite artist by far. Own tons of bootleg live albums, saw him in concert, met him in person, inspired me to make my own music, etc. He's my guy

self defense family has been my favourite band for a couple years now, for both their music and the (admittedly better) bands that they opened me up to.

This guy. Everything he's released under either his milo or scallops hotel moniker has been a big part of my life/music rotation in some way. To the point where my friends associate me with his music. I also owe him for getting me into the hip hop genre in general. Sorta cunt-y on social media and whatnot, but whatevs

Autechre

Kishi Bashi

Severely underrated

Easily my favorite artist of all time.

Pinegrove. Seeing them with my friends in high school was more or less my introduction to live music, and without that I don't think I'd have ever gotten into music as much as I did. I love how their shows are really intimate, especially when they're playing local, you can hear practically the whole room singing along to every song. I even had my first kiss at a house show they played at, so besides being my favorite band they've definitely got a lot of sentimental value to me