Which instrument is objectively the best to learn to play and why is it guitar?

Which instrument is objectively the best to learn to play and why is it guitar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dH3GSrCmzC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best balance of versatility and accessibility.

with guitar i think it's the easiest to get stuck in a loop of playing habits though

The correct answer is piano although the guitar deserves an honorable mention

This. Piano is not only more simpler to learn, it's also a lot more easier to learn theory it too.

Why do you think piano is the better instrument?

Because it's easy to get started but extremely difficult to master. It's one instrument that is undeniably approachable while also being potentially very challenging.

an electric keyboard has a lot more diversity than a guitar. because of this guitar music is slowly dying in mainstream music. most non rock music is now made with electronic keyboards hooked up to some sort of sound editing software. long gone are the days of a band being made of guitar/singer,bass, and drums. now we have people producing entire albums with complex soundscapes all on their own with just a keyboard and computer

/thread

>an electric keyboard
Not what we asked. We asked about piano.

same thing dweeb

the skills transfer

good point

It's not. Look it up.
Oh production and sampling techniques on a piano? Not really.

This is all I need to convince me that the piano is one of the best instruments to learn: youtube.com/watch?v=dH3GSrCmzC8
Excluding the composition. The level of expression he achieves is unparalleled by any other instrument. I wish I learned it instead of guitar in retrospect.

right

so i guess you dont consider electric guitars real guitars then? fuck outa here, its literally an electric piano

>so i guess you dont consider electric guitars real guitars then?
An electric guitar is a different instrument than an acoustic guitar.

>literally an electric piano
It's still not what user said. Read the thread if you are still confused.

I won't say it is the better instrument, there is no such thing as the better instrument actually however piano is one of the easiest thus you learned a lot more such as timing, theory and getting experience the fastest.

this

"sorry guys i dont know how to play electric guitar only acoustic"

You can get the best of both world by routing a keyboard through a guitar amp

try doing a vibrato pianofags
>but muh dynamics

Nice goalpost shifting

Enjoying your summer, friend?

Unironically it’s an ipad

Don't Nords have in-key vibrato functions?

The context of this discussion is best instrument to learn. You shifted goalposts

I didn't because user specifically said "piano" and then some idiots (you?) started taking about sampling and DAWs. Now you are getting buttflustered when I reminded you a DAW is not a piano.

On a practicality level it's keyboard. That's where everything is headed

Guitar is more of a niche instrument

you faggots will argue abot anything

Actually an electric piano is something like a Fender Rhodes. Small tuning forks are struck and the signal is carried through magnetic pickups. A keyboard uses synthesized sounds.

But the answer is still piano, because if you know piano, you know electric piano and keyboard as well.

Guitar is a wonderful instrument. I play it, but I wish I'd learned the piano first. Guitar is much harder to learn theory with, whereas a piano literally has everything laid out in front of you in an easy to understand way.

Also the piano is more versatile, which is why after over 400 years it still appears in most songs.

Lol...? You only play guitar don't you?

Don't worry bro the skills carry over to a degree. Once you learn piano and start actually making music you will realize yourself why piano is 100 times more practical as an instrument in the year 2017

You're getting the shit trolled out of you

Guys you're over looking something. When was the last time a piano dropped panties at the same rate as a guitar

Every little doofus can play guitar. I make girls torrent from their panties when I play Wagner or Chopin

Even on just a playability level the piano is superior to guitar because you can literally fill out a whole song on a piano with very little effort. Playing bass, chords and leads all at once

You can do this on a guitar too but it's a lot more skill required and you're severely limited by chords shapes and you're key

And that's before you even take into account how much diversity in sound you have with a midi keyboard or synth. You can do every part of a song drums, bass, lead, and chords and whatever other add ons you can think of just on a keyboard

The keyboard is the instrument and everything else is second too it

I have experience with both piano and guitar and the piano is much easier to learn and has a wider range but I still have to side with this guy. Guitar is just more fun and can play, in my opinion, better songs.

Lets be real it’s 2017 and cute girls panties disintigrate if you make thieir iPhone bounce

Guitars only impress other guitarmen and “certain” women if you know what i mean.
And piano is for.. well you know...

>more simpler
I can see why you felt the need to choose the simplest instrument

>Wagner
>Parties
Yeah, no.

>guitar music
>2017

This isn't the 70s, you retards. You'll never make it.

this

this is a bad take

you're grammer erks me

piano is obviously the better guitar, just look at its strings

Move aside for a true patrician's instrument.

this tbqhwu

nah mate