Bandcamp Thread 2: Shill Harder

Last one got to 118 replies and had some great music. Post yours, give feedback, download some tunes, have fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
noriginal.bandcamp.com
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul
dockingtheband.bandcamp.com/
dllrsgns.bandcamp.com/album/in-god-we-trust
pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/montreal
feministwarriors.bandcamp.com/album/craigs-list
fromworldsalike.bandcamp.com/
firespokenbythebuffalo.bandcamp.com/
ozymandiasbeats.bandcamp.com
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/forward-movement-ep
tonystroke.bandcamp.com
poorsports1.bandcamp.com/releases
praderadebombas.bandcamp.com/album/ninguno
soundcloud.com/user-612872452
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis
nirgal.bandcamp.com/
jacquelinesdamnation.bandcamp.com/releases
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
zefschasingcara.bandcamp.com/album/ultra-gown
abracadanny.bandcamp.com/album/when-will-the-moon-shine
drcosmo.bandcamp.com/releases
animo1.bandcamp.com/album/aero-mini-ep
blazethecat.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-gems-protect-steven-at-all-costs
insnakesibathe.bandcamp.com/releases
rateyourmusic.com/artist/in-snakes-i-bathe
strmusic.bandcamp.com/album/standardized-manipulation-2
aeelric.bandcamp.com/releases
exhalevp.bandcamp.com/
texkom.bandcamp.com
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-just-80s-music-slowed-down-and-you-know-it
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/dynamite-ep
soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=wBXWH7E2z_g
youtube.com/watch?v=IBSAtBicBog
k-39.bandcamp.com/
nebulamaze.bandcamp.com/releases
thecartridgefamily1.bandcamp.com/album/here-comes-everybody
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze-type stuff with lots of 90s emo and indie influences, bit of post rock splashed in
>ffo done by listeners: pinback, alex g, have a nice life, duster
>songs about loss and abuse
>free as fuck so take it

quite a few people have mentioned they'd buy shit if I had any physical release, considering that for my next album. to those who care - which do you dig more? cassetes or CDs?

records are just not feasible given cost proportionate to how small a run I'm thinking (50-100)

>shills as hard as humanly possible
>shits myself
new shit soon

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>boom bap
>rap

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul

>ambient pop
>romance
>warm

immediately going to bed after this, so no feedback from me. sorry.

rec

dockingtheband.bandcamp.com/
>lo-fi dance punk house stuff
>lcd soundsystem meets black eyes kind of

dllrsgns.bandcamp.com/album/in-god-we-trust
>FTWRK
>160BPMCPTL$M

This is quite cool. I wish it was more properly recorded/mixed so you could distinguish the instruments/sounds a bit better and make it punchier.

pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
>indie rock, lo-fi, emo, pop punk, synths, electronic rock

hey guys, here to get in on the shilling. my name is jonathan, i'm 24 years old, and this is an album i made when i got drunk off of corona one night and suddenly realized i wasn't meant for this world. soon after i made this album in its entirety i woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover and a raging erection, and walked over to my macbook pro to find out that i had written a fucking masterpiece while i was drunk. after peeing my fucking bladder out, i mixed the album as soon as i good and sent a blank cd-r to merge, but they haven't responded since (i know they will!). if you like this album please donate a few more dollars so i can buy more corona and write great songs about me pretending to be in my senior year of high school again and how i genuinely think it's the peak of my life at this current waking moment. goddamn if i could time travel back to november 2, 1992 and kill infant me fresh out of the womb, y'all know i could. love you guys xoxoxo

i genuinely don't know what the fuck i just wrote and i hope it gets people to listen to the album. buy my tapes motherfuckers. mwhuahahaha

youngsteve.bandcamp.com
>indie rock/power pop/punky shoegazey lo-fi pseudo-emo
Made it in my basement on a budget and a time-crunch

Recs:

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/montreal

>synthpop, retrowave, some vaporwave influence

That feel when not getting paid any shillings for my shilling.

I like the production but not digging the rapping that much unfortunately. It's not terrible, just kinda forgettable.

feministwarriors.bandcamp.com/album/craigs-list
>femrock
>femwave

Hey Faggots,
My name is Johnathan, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are phat synth, restrung, lo-fis who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass projects. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any airplay? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of grimes.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was producer of car seat headrest, and drummer on BSOFD. I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot bandcamp (She just payed me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots. Thanks for listening.

Pic related, it's me and my bandcamp

fromworldsalike.bandcamp.com/
>Tracks 2 and 8 - recorded while binging on DMT
Will return feedback

>this copypasta is a decade old
fuck i feel old now

That film soundtrack has some really nice tracks. I dig that old synth vibe.

> This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of grimes.
>I was producer of car seat headrest
kek

firespokenbythebuffalo.bandcamp.com/

>mexican beatmaker
>lo.fi hip hop
>movie/cartoon inspired tracks
>lot of jazz samples from classic to japanese

ozymandiasbeats.bandcamp.com

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/forward-movement-ep

>hypnagogic
>nofi
>electronic

RECS:

>he didn't get the joke

>bedroom pop
>blues
>conceptual albums (2 ep)
>Mexican dude sings on english because why the fuck not
>gospel/jazz pop/experimental

Pic semi- related

"Don't become the person who hurt you"
tonystroke.bandcamp.com

sum music i made in my bedroom while feeling something

sumtimesiplay.bandcamp.com

>bedroom
>lo-fi
>acoustic
>sad

I'm just going to be blunt about it: Really bland and forgettable. That "lo-fi" "chill" "beats" shit has been so played out now and at your current level you can't even begin to scratch what I would even consider "mediocre."

You need to learn how to properly mix/master. I know "lo-fi" shit has a lot of leeway with its sound but as it is your drums don't sit in the mix at all, they're standing and hopping out of it. Don't sidechain so much. Compress and raise the level of your samples more. Also, I don't know if it's your EQing or what, but your samples have this ugly digital artifact sound on them so ease back on the EQ and saturation.

The smart thing to do would be to jump ship and pick up a more promising genre, but if you really like this shit then you got quite a lot of work ahead of you.

Emo band
poorsports1.bandcamp.com/releases

Believe me or not ,user, this is the kind of feedback that i was looking for, i need it tho'

I'll check out the things about the production and keep improving i likr making lofibeats but its not the only thing that i want to do, its my first beattape so i thinj i can improve a lot, thank u so much for being honest.

praderadebombas.bandcamp.com/album/ninguno
> experimental rock, noise rock, post-rock psychedelic rock ???

Np man, I'm glad you're taking it well. A lot of people get super defensive to criticism.

I practiced beatmaking for 2+ years offline before I put anything up online. Don't worry about "releasing" anything just focus on improving and churning them out and you'll naturally get better with time. Then once you're good enough at it, you'll find you have a huge backlog of practice stuff, much of which is potentially good enough for release.

Well i always get critized on everything i do, and basically get shited on, so i try to put the better smile on anything, this is the latest prject that i've done, but i seem to failed at this too, maybe i need to practice more, or get over this and forget about stikl tryna make music.

All music, even something "easy" like beats takes a long long time to master and to make your own. In the end it's a matter of dedication and how important it is to you. This, like nearly all musical/artistic efforts, will likely be a dead-end in a commercial/success viewpoint. So if it's personally significant/meaningful to you then by all means stick with it, but if it's to "get big" then I'm afraid I only have bad news and that time could be better invested elsewhere.

I dont even know why i'm doing this , to be quite honest, well fuck me then.

leftinthesun.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/user-612872452

>kinda shoegaze
>kinda postrock
>sort of post punk(?)

recs:
(emo stuff is growing on me more than since I last gave feedback here)

I didnt mean to post the soundcloud too so sorry buds

All the single shillers

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo

>The exact thing you expect
>Only it's actually not
>Singer-songwriter thingy
>Piano-based

Don't forget to review this thing on RYM
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis

Also, join us on the House of Sup Forumssicians FB group now!
groups slash 2195623053996766

Boys:

nirgal.bandcamp.com/
>drone
>ambient
>harsh noise
>older albums are mostly harsh noise/HNW

A little busy working on some new material at the moment but I may be back later tonight to check out new stuff and give feedback

Recs:

jacquelinesdamnation.bandcamp.com/releases

Feedback?

none. since you don't bother giving one to other anons

Sorry I'm going to work andare got no time, But your right I'm a dickhead

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

Not mine but it's fuckin great.

zefschasingcara.bandcamp.com/album/ultra-gown

abracadanny.bandcamp.com/album/when-will-the-moon-shine
my most recent thang is also on spotfiy so if you wanna follow me i would appreciate it

THE DOCTOR IS IN

drcosmo.bandcamp.com/releases

animo1.bandcamp.com/album/aero-mini-ep

>ambient
>downtempo

my steven universe album !!!!!!

>rap acoustic

blazethecat.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-gems-protect-steven-at-all-costs

Hello guys, this is Generic Ambient Guy #1592359 () here and I'm back with a LEGIT Bandcamp Thread Post! That's right - since it's piss poor outside I don't have anything to do outside of committing another book of sudoku I've decided to share my short opinions about music I've not heard yet. Bear in mind - these are not reviews, these are just my opinions on the material presented. WARNING - Leave your feelings outside for this one and don't get your angry reactions into the mix!

Oh God this Bandcamp page is ugly. This cover art is UGLY. This whole thing screams cheapness and leaves a very poor first impression on the material. Take notes kids - this is how you DON'T do a Bandcamp page! Onto the music itself which is shooting itself in a foot because of that lo-fi aesthetic which is completely worthless and doesn't add anything to the music as a whole. It's just a great big "fuck you" annoyance. If that would be removed I would say that the tracks are competent if not for a small variety of presented sounds and questionable mixing.

This is not bad. But not great either. A lot of elements are missing here. Starting from the mixing which is good but should have been perfected. There are few ideas sprinkled here and there on this release as far as I can see but they lack any sort of distinguishing factor outside of them being posted on a electronic-filled board. What would I say in favor of this release is the fact that the execution of these tracks is pretty intense but, again, the insensitivity is brought down by the lackluster mixing and mastering.

The blunt user is 100% right. Generic to the core and ""lo-fi"" used not as an addition but rather as a torture device to the potential listener.

Pt.2 entitled "Disappointment"

This is surprisingly good. BUT it doesn't make me goes balls to the walls. Why? For starters it's just an EP which, granted, could be good and all but the balance of sounds and a lack of direction in which to focus this EP is kind of disappointing. I think EPs succeed if they have some context behind them rather than them being just a bag of songs posted in a one thingy. I know it's a minor nitpick and all but it's an indication of a problem of direction once you guys decide to make a LP. Musically it's fantastic in a sense of climate and atmosphere provided. It's lush, pretty and charming in a way. But as of now I can only see this as a one-trick pony thingy. And I have no idea why are you keeping up a single to the EP, with the same cover as an EP if you can just download individual tracks.

Oh God, where do I even start with this one... Okay, it's cheap. Really bloody cheap. If not for the synth line in the first track it would be just generic. But this twinkly synth sounds so bloody awful. Like having an old Nokia next to the cool kids with smartphones. The beats are lackluster and they get boring pretty quickly. "Soundair" track have a pointless beginning which doesn't make any reference to the later part of the track. Why would you add it anyway? It's a waste of space and it confuses listeners into thinking this is something which it clearly isn't. Directionless wandering at it's finest. At least the instruments samples are clean and they are not abrupt by the lo-fi bullshit. I don't know man, for me it's one of the worst things I've heard in that genre so far on this board. It lacks direction, meaning, any sort of attachment. Seeing how it's your first solo project I'll give you a pass though. Could be a lot worse and the mastering is fine. Just get grinding more and make something which doesn't sound so goddamn cheap.

Recs

>death metal
>instrumental
>sampling

>also on rym

Also I'm working on a new EP

Pt.3 and the last one entitled "agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain"

I have to point out one problem which I feel is important. What are you trying to achieve with your noise? Is it to make a background atmosphere or make an engaging foreground listen? Because listening to this newest release gives me a doublevision and I can't really put it logically. It's too varied for a background music but it's not enough foreground-oriented to be an interesting frontal attack on the senses.

Lovely thing. This is something I'm trying myself in as well. Wouldn't say it's great. Lo-finess of it is so bad it's damn unimpressive. I don't know why this lo-fi need exists if it doesn't add up to the overall atmosphere to the album. Let's just call what it actually is - a shitty recording. Then again it has a lot of heart to it but it's really hard to not give critique and this being sad doesn't legitimize you to call it lo-fi. That's my case at least. Lyrically it's fine. Not the best, just fine. Not too literal and not to obscure. The lack of capitalization kills me though, same goes to that "agaaaaain" which you never ever do in the lyrics. It look ugly and unprofessional. Decent covers though!

>tfw only shills in this thread
>tfw only one conversation occured
>tfw only four posts of any sort of feedback

>I have to point out one problem which I feel is important. What are you trying to achieve with your noise? Is it to make a background atmosphere or make an engaging foreground listen? Because listening to this newest release gives me a doublevision and I can't really put it logically. It's too varied for a background music but it's not enough foreground-oriented to be an interesting frontal attack on the senses.

Thanks for pointing that out, honestly it's something I had never thought about all that much. On my previous albums it was definitely designed to be in the foreground, for this newest one I was going for something of a mix. I know it may not necessarily be everyone's favorite to mix like that, but I designed it as a (very loose) concept album around some personal shit I've experienced so I was focusing more on getting that right than the more subtle details like what you pointed out

strmusic.bandcamp.com/album/standardized-manipulation-2

Punk Rock band from California. Would like to hear honest feedback.

>but I designed it as a (very loose) concept album around some personal shit I've experienced so I was focusing more on getting that right than the more subtle details like what you pointed out
Which bears the question why is this not explained to the listener? Why there are no descriptions said about such, even though very loose, concept? Makes no sense that I have to know that after the fact, not before. If the whole thing was less ambiguous it wouldn't lose any charm at all.

That's a good point, thank you for bringing it up because it's something I never really thought about. Now you've brought it to my attention I think I'll put something in the description to explain it

>ambient
>trap
>phonk
shilled here before but here it is again

aeelric.bandcamp.com/releases

Rec:

exhalevp.bandcamp.com/

shill no chill
>used to do depressive black metal
>trying out shift towards modern metal
>idk if it works but w/e
>will be releasing 2nd album soon
>i've been doing this since 2014, when I was 15

I love how people are so self-aware of their shilling practices that the mere thought of sharing opinion of another user's release seems so irrelevant to them, almost unnecessary. You guys have some really problematic egos.

texkom.bandcamp.com

TEXKOM - Haчaльник

>improvisation, experimental

All tracks are improvised.

Recording took place at an
abandoned studio and most of the instruments were made from junk found inside.

Described by some as "true gods of cacophony" and "just garbage" and "kinda trash"

First listen is deceiving.

Otbrosy Bozhye

(me again)
I'll redeem myself fellow I'm not really into this kind of stuff but it's really noice, kind of eerie and dark at certain points, which I'm really liking. Could be mixed a lot better imo, but it's definitely nice material. You got a pretty good thing going there bud.

Not really that well mixed, but that's what makes it kind of unique and different to listen to.It's darkish, kind of sounds like it was meant to be unequally mastered. However, still good ideas and nice emotion captured. Four Interlude is definitely my favorite.

Heard the first 10s of 'Calling' and already digging this. The vocals are kind of not my cup of tea, but it's good punk rock imo. Your riffs and generally your individual song parts are really well made and fit with each other nicely. I went and listened to 'Getting Fisted' just because, you know. It's fun to listen to, definitely something that won't leave you bored after a couple of listens. Great stuff.

here
could you elaborate, if youre still here, about lacking direction? the album we are working on is tighter and more varied, but I worry that that kind of ethos will work against the exact criticisms you bring. Also, thanks for the feedback

Sure. Think of an album. Now, think of an album which you find to be one of the best musical album in existence. I guarantee that this album have some cohesion and it's not a bag of songs which are just put randomly, like in a compilation. That's what I've meant by lacking a direction. This doesn't have anything to do with a sound variety but more from the feeling from the listener that he is embarking on some sort of story. A good analysis would be this - any good album is like a book: it keeps going, progressing and it has linearity. Your current EP is like a book full of short stories which doesn't coexist with each other, which are separated apart not only from the conceptual standpoint but also atmosphere provided. That's what I've basically meant.

PSA: This is what happens when you're giving people feedback :^)

Thank you so much, we will definitely keep that in mind moving forward

Everyone knows you can only get plays if you're first in a thread

True that. I only post if I can be in the first 5, after that nobody listens.

bless you Aer.

you too. thanks for listening! I know a lot of people hate shoegaze in here, which is understandable. wasn't even aiming for shoegaze initially, just kinda of resembled that after the fact. glad you enjoyed it in spite of that, haha

listening to yours, can definitely feel the old black metal vibe seeping through. really kind of fell off during the no-guitar vocal and bass bit though. your vocals have potential, it's just terribly off key, and not in an especially pleasing way. never been a huge fan of clean vocals in metal that doesn't feel folky in some way. also wish the riffs had a bit more flavor to them. i LOVE the guitar tone itself, and it's mixed well, and your screaming vocals have plenty of character. just feel like the guitar is kinda...boring. the breakdown was flat out terrible. it's weird listening to metal with a pretty obvious chorus. I'll check out your album when you release it, hard to judge this without more context

feel u

but hey. the important part is downloads imo. and getting your music played OUTSIDE of bandcamp

and this is good advice to everyone here. too much aimless stuff. if you aren't going to make strictly fun music, and you aren't going to aspire for greatness, why make music at all? I get it as expression, but if you aren't going out of your way to make something you can seriously be proud of it feels more like fellating yourself

you've had a lot of good posts in this one aer

>you've had a lot of good posts in this one aer
Once in a lifetime man, you are here to experience history!

these are some of my favorites albums by myself
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-just-80s-music-slowed-down-and-you-know-it
>vaporwave/mallsoft

apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough
>noise
>powerviolence
>drone

and
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/dynamite-ep
>breakcore
>lolicore

soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks

K-39

>Ritual
>Downtempo
>experimental

youtube.com/watch?v=wBXWH7E2z_g
youtube.com/watch?v=IBSAtBicBog

k-39.bandcamp.com/

>Ambient, Electronic, Analogue Synths, Textures, Lo-Fi, Trippy, Granual Spacey Reverb

nebulamaze.bandcamp.com/releases

Reccin

>death metal
>instrumental
>samples

>also on rym

listened to this on the other thread, enjoyed it

the badly photoshopped chain irks me but the music was good. I find it weird the transition is from DSBM to metalcore

listened to this earlier, good stuff

always rec this

elecronic powerviolence? sweet!! PV is one of my fav genres

I also am working on new stuff, personally I think it is a lot better than the current demo

digging this as PV is always great

>surrogate.bandcamp.com

first music I've ever made public. digestible noise/PE/drone with cool samples and vocal clips and stuff. feedback pls, will return

>surrogate.bandcamp.com
Extremely bad cover. Also links to nothing.

Yea the chain is fucking killing me too, what can I do when I practically almost did it in MSPaint, I had a friend do it (as you can see) very poorly. Hopefully will be better in the future

ironically I got criticism for the artwork I have the other day interestingly enough

oops! surrogat.bandcamp.com

Rec
I'm not into metal but I intend to listen to this shortly and let you know what I make of it
thecartridgefamily1.bandcamp.com/album/here-comes-everybody

>Electronic, Trip Hop, Post Rock, Techno, Glitch, Shoegaze

My latest album, Here Comes Everybody, is here! Pretty proud of the project - inspired by Finnegans Wake, I guess it's made up of electronic soundscapes that are made to be evocative and winding. I drew from artists such as OPN, Aphex Twin, Jon Hopkins, Arthur Russell, Talk Talk, Can, The Knife, King Crimson, Miles Davis, and many others. Downloads and feedback are very much appreciated. Thanks all x

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Buds
(I sent you an email, just your inbox)