Conservatives against Prohibition?

Who here identifies as right wing but still believes Marijuana should be legal for adult use?

Also, what does Sup Forums think the long-term impact of legalization will be?

rampgop.org/our-story/

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine_effects.shtml
erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml
imdb.com/title/tt2125653/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Marijuana is a dangerous gateway drug
First you're smoking a joint it's okay
Next you're going to be doing bong hits at a party and you'll be so high you won't know what you're doing. You'll be dating a girl with spacers and pierced lips.
Soon you'll be smoking dope everyday and you'll he so lazy you won't do anything with your life. At this point you either remain a stoner for life or go on to other drugs like mushrooms and MDMA. Sometimes people on MDMA will become bisexual when they go to raves. The point is weed is degenerate

Weed is degenerate
However laws banning it should be left up to the states
However anyone who gets caught with pot and supports wickard v filburn should be hung from a tree

>Sometimes people on MDMA will become bisexual when they go to raves.
I don't think orientation is that flexible, user.

Alcohol, coffee, sugar, trans-fats, etc...degenerates gonna degenerate, people who use it in moderation wont

Yeah, the drugs mess with their mind and homos usually are degenerate they always do drugs together and will do crazy stuff like put rubber fists into each other's assholes

Real conservatives believe in personal responsibility. Not nanny state bullshit. A real conservative would vote to lift prohibition.

No they wouldn't, one day your smoking dope the next you're smoking the pole. Drugs are dangerous, only liberal hippies smoke them. They roast your mind and make you have homosexual thoughts and turn your back on god

Why do you care what degenerate Americans do?

I can't be for legalizing drugs before abolishing the welfare state. You legalize drugs tomorrow and now we got druggies needing govt medical assistance and drugs and liberals who are gonna be voting and pushing for more govt programs for these "poor addicts."

this, desu
no

Yes I'm right, drugs are dangerous if you do a drug once it can ruin your mind forever

How can you "conservatives" take yourselves seriously when you advocate for small government with one breath, then demand prohibition with another?

Tbh right now a small government wouldn't work, society is way too degenerate. But either way the government should not allow dangerous drugs, the fact is even one puff from a joint is dangerous.

I'm an conservative WASP and it offends me that the Government call illegal what God called good.

I've seen friends sent to jail for 8 years for growing a few plants. Only an evil government would imprison people for smoking a harmless flower.

>flower
Alright, let's not get silly here.

Aye from TX, where THC will forever be illegal.

It is just a flower though.

The answer isn't necessarily small government but localized government.

>druggiefag owning a bible stolen from a hotel
seems about right

What kind of flower?

It is a flower. Did you forget it's a plant, not a drug in and of itself?

So is Opium and Cocaine, both come from plants.

>claims to be a conservative
>supports government regulation of a market
There is no such thing as a conservative who supports prohibition, OP.
Don't let them fool you otherwise.

I'm not trying to say anything other than the fact that the "bud" is technically a flower.

Also, comparing THC and it's chemical cousins to opium and cocaine is silly. They're leagues more detrimental.

Gram for gram, THC is far more debilitating than morphine or cocaine.
Cocaine is actually quite nontoxic as far as pharmaceutical substances go.

>be conservative
>don't support retarded prohibition
>don't support degeneracy and DUDE
>support states rights
>state only has med and not rec
oh well

Prohibition creates a black market, which we saw with the disaster of alcohol prohibition.

All making something illegal does, is create an opportunity for criminals to make large amounts of untaxed money. Not only this, but criminals don't care who they're selling to.
If a 12 year old wants weed and has the money, the dealer would happily give it to him.

Why not have legal Marijuana which would destroy the black market, take money out of the pockets of drug dealers and put it into honest hardworking small businesses that pay tax?
Not only that, but they'll be forced to only sell to people who are old enough through mandatory I.D checks on purchase.

Sure, kids will still get weed. But the amount of kids who will get it will drop significantly.

It's a win for everyone except criminals and any retard who think it should be illegal is probably a drug dealer who doesn't want to have to get a job when his revenue is cut off.

They come from plants and are processed and fuck you up.

Weed comes straight off the plant, gets dried and smoked, much like tobacco. They are worlds apart

>libertarian = conservative
liberals and conservatives both want big government, just in different areas.

Absolutely RW and for weed. Long term impact will be decreased rates of alcohol and actually dangerous illicit drug use, increased resources through the hemp plant, saving our forests and creating a chill society.

Yeah but saying its just a plant is still fucking retarded.

Nah, that's just some pic I took from Google.
I was super religious long before I knew what weed is.

You can chew coca leaves and its healthier than an energy drink full of sugar and caffeine powder and gives you a steady burst of energy.
Its only when men began to destabilize the medicine in the plants by reducing it down to certain chemicals. The Pharmaceutical companies are the ones who do this.

Even the opium poppy has its good medicinal purposes, its only when men adulterate it into heroin that we see it become a sickness.

Libertarians fucking ruined conservatism. They are the reason why I've started leaning more far right than I used to.

>identifies as right wing
>Marijuana should be legal for adult use
Reporting. If an adult want sot smoke a little pot now and then, it shouldn't be any of the government's business. Long term problems that could arise are the same as with alcohol: too many people using it to excess.

t. statist

No. Liberals and moderate liberals want big government.
You cannot, by definition, be conservative and support government prohibition. You can be against drug use fully, but that's a different story.

They still cause more serious health problems than cannabis does though, regardless of how debilitating or potent the substances are. That isn't even really arguable.

>stars are in a circle rather than in rows
Subtle.

Yeah, im not denying there are medicinal purposes from these plants, just the "it is just a plant so it's more natural" argument is so fucking retarded yet still wins over minds.

I just told you that wasn't what I was saying.

>I'm not trying to say anything other than the fact that the "bud" is technically a flower.
>I'm not trying to say anything other than the fact that the "bud" is technically a flower.

not true, conservatives have been for big government so far as it's for the things they like and for less government in the things they dislike, the same as liberals, since at least the 70s.

t.too pussy to be an anarchist.

Cocaine itself causes no worse health problems than cannabis.
Cocaine's danger comes from mixing it with other drugs, usually with heroin in speedballs.
Chronic use carries cardiotoxic effects, but those effects won't be any more detrimental than the heart and lung damage caused by smoking weed.

The damage caused by cocaine is quite overblown by the media and hollywood.

That is how the original flag was.

lol you're fucking retarded.

A conservative in name only is not a conservative. That's like saying you can be a Catholic and worship Zeus and Poseidon.

Bet you think safety regulations are unnecessary.

that is modern conservatism just as modern liberalism is about the opposite of classical liberalism

what safety regulations

Work and general buildings and such.

Human society made it all the way to 1900 without them. Must have been magic or some shit.

Okay let's see.

Cocaine negative effects:

-heart arrhythmias
-anxiety, panic
-extreme aggression, anger
-paranoid delusions
-paranoia, fear
-acute psychosis, psychotic thinking
-tachycardia, hypertension
-overheating, hyperthermia
-shaking, clenching, dystonia, clonus, muscle spasms, seizure
-rhabdomyolysis (muscle fiber degradation into bloodstream leading to kidney damage and death)
-death from heart attack or severe arrhythmias

Cannabis negative effects:

-coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
-difficulty with short-term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use
-racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
-mild to severe anxiety
-panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
-headaches
-dizziness, confusion
-lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
-paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
-possible psychological dependence on cannabis
-clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses
-nausea, especially in combination with alcohol, some pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactives
-can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders (which to those who can't read means if you're ALREADY going to go nuts, it can speed that process up)

>won't be any more detrimental than the heart and lung damage caused by weed

Lung damage is the only thing that's worse with weed... you don't even smoke cocaine unless it's in crack form.

Fucking autist. You believe weed is a gateway drug? Black market drug dealers are the gateway drug. There is no sound argument against legalization of Marijuana

weed as a gateway drug seems like a fallacy, but its actually quite a real thing.

Every druggie started with weed, pretty much everyone who does hard drugs started with weed.
I think its because people start smoking weed and go "oh this isn't that big of a deal" and then go onto explore other drugs until they are playing with dangerous and addictive substances.

DUDE

Yeah built on the backs of children...

>already going nuts
mental disorders are graded on a spectrum, it's not black and white

You're comparing worst case scenarios.
Just going on personal experiences, I've never had trouble with coke, but I've been put into states of paranoia on more than one occasion with weed. As have various acquaintances of mine.
That's what pisses me off about pro-weed legal people. They'll shit on booze or coke to try and get their precious plant legalized. I'd rather we legalize stimulants and psychedelics first, as weed is more randomly chaotic and less useful. Also FAR less fun.

Literally what? You are either uninformed and/or ignorant. Maybe trolling, albeit
poorly

totally didn't exist beforehand as well

Children who grew up to become very strong and capable adults.

Versus the little wimps we have today who are the product of safety regulations you hold dear.

Well it isn't as fast as people like to think. I mean try it at a party and you don't like it then yeah, you probably aren't gonna do harder shit. But if you do, there is probably a 50% chance you'll start doing other shit later on. But really the both people who both liked and disliked will later grow up and be wacked out of the their minds on pills.

That doesn't change anything. If you're already on track for a mental disorder, it can help accelerate how quickly it worsens and make the symptoms of the disorder worse, but if you're not already developing something, it's not just going to make you go crazy. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

That's their own fault retard. It's not the governments job to decide what's best for people. Do you want big daddy government telling you what to do all the time, you fucking cuck?

I think it should be legal, but it's also degenerate as fuck to smoke it. People should feel ashamed for using it.Their families should disown them andtheir friends should leave them.

20mg of coke will give you a small push.
20mg of morphine will give you a nice comfy high.
20mg of THC will likely send you into a full-blown paranoia and freak-out.

This is why things like spice are so nasty as drugs. Cannabinoids are VERY potent drugs.

This is the same kind of baseless fear mongering that has people calling Trump a racist and believing he will start ww3.

You're using your personal experience. Everyone knows that's not valid in the face of science. People have differing body chemistry, which affects what a chemical does to you. Those lists are compiled from a pool of reports which states the dangers of each one in general. That doesn't mean you yourself are going to just fall over and die. What it does mean is that cocaine has the potential to make you fall over and die by itself, while cannabis does not.

>No sources

>agitation
>smoking weed
>pick one

>paranoid
>living in Police State Amerika in the 21st century

>Clumsiness
>imply weed doesn't make you more kawaii-desu~

>nausea, especially in combination with alcohol
>using fermented water that tastes like piss and turns people into a jerk, with weed

>Lung damage
>You should be more worried about the smog you breathe on a two-second basis than a few hits-o-teh-bong

erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine_effects.shtml

erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml

God, all you need to do is Google the fucking shit you lazy nigger. It's not like this is hidden information.

Weed is illegal so therefore it's bad and degenerate.
Beat my argument, fucker, bet you can't

You obviously haven't been around many coke heads and pot smokers. There is a world of difference

The government is bad and degenerate, therefore anything the government hates (deems illegal) is good.
Beaten. :D

imdb.com/title/tt2125653/

>There is a world of difference
Yeah. Potheads stink.

Your an idiot, hemp is still grown in most countries except America and it isn't a miracle plant that saves the forests.

That's true

Something for thought:
During marijuana prohibition the government has no control over the market at all. For better or worse it has been the only true free market one can be involved in with no direct gov't control. There are consequences for being caught but aside from that there is no intervention, taxation or regulations. It's the last thing people could be involved in and really make money and raise their financial standing. A smart guy with no post secondary education can make as much or more than a lawyer or Doctor. That will be destroyed when legalization happens. Taxation, regulation and the works. If a conservative wanted to experience a truly free market that's a way to see what it's actually like

You can get the same amount of fiber from three years of cultivating hemp in one acre, instead cutting down an acre of trees that take 100 years to get to maturity.

Tree fibers are barely used anymore, synthetic fibers are a lot cheaper and stronger.

nah drugs like cocaine and pot should be legal, i sometimes use marijuana when im nervous and i can't sleep and i don't consider myself as a part of dudeizm movement. Everyone react a bit different to certain substances if you feel that marijunana cocaine or alcochol do you harm just don't use it.

>dudeizm movement
Nice one Woytek, but isn't the sticky icky WAY fucking illegal in your place? Don't get shot man.
>It's the last thing people could be involved in and really make money and raise their financial standing. A smart guy with no post secondary education can make as much or more than a lawyer or Doctor.
Yeah. My sister knows a chick that can easily cover her floor with Euro bills because she just imports shit from the rural areas into Vienna.

>Stoners are so annoying guys

>Everyday there's a thread by some so-called conservative whining about weed being "degenerate" and how he wants it banned

The amount of effort people put into legalising weed is time which could have been better spent on other things.

Of all the civil liberties and ways to better society spending your effort into trying to smoke weed is a waste of your time and society's.

What's even more silly is the types of arguments people make just to justify a point in their life style which deep down they know is a bad habit just like their bad diet and their sedentary life style.

The icing on the cake is the totally obliviousness to the fact that despite their lamentations, weed will no longer be illegal because of the powerful lobbies which will make a killing on selling the drug.

You think George Soros wants weed to be legal because he cares for your health?

It's like campaigning for the right to be fat when its illegal. Sure its restrictive but why would you spend your time and energy in an ultimately destructive hobby.

Sorry, I know freedom isn't a concept your nanny state understands, but over here we value it, even if the government is actively trying to take them all away.

Weed should be legalized. We should be more concerned about alcohol related deaths and the fact that there's so much sugary bullshit in our supermarkets.

>dis nigga just went full statist

All Republicans do. Private property rights are a staple of their party politics. Your own body is the keystone of private property rights. If you don'the own your own meat then how can you claim ownership of anything else? If you do in fact own yourself then you have absolute sovereignty over your body and the right to do as you please regarding actions that solely effect you.

This is something Republicans must respect unless they want private property ownership to become a meme stance like equality.

authoritarianism is the root of the problem, whether they're "conservative" values or "liberal" values. What we need is the government to stay out of our lives. That's what this country was founded on. The government has no business prohibiting substances for personal use. The only time they should step in is when someone violates someone else.

All these ad-hominems and no arguments.

>Believing the big daddy government is trying to take away your precious weed

No silly it wants it legal because companies can make a killing from people like you.

In Europe and in various US states cannabis is getting more legal acceptance despite what you believe.

In contrast things which are *actually important* to freedom like Free speech, Public Assembly, Presumption of Innocence are things which *have* been declining in these places.

Learn your history more and you will know that America is not founded on "do whatever the hell you want" but rather free speech, public assembly and presumption of innocence. #

Things which actually matter and make society a better place to live.

If anything you can argue that the stupification of a nation through self-indulgent frivolities like drugs is counter-productive to keeping its countrymen truly alert to the threat of government power.