The 5th of February I'm going to watch my first NFL game ever. What should I know...

The 5th of February I'm going to watch my first NFL game ever. What should I know? The extend of my knowledge is reduced to playing Joe Montana Football for the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis for you muricans) when I was 7 years old and I don't remember shit about it. I know about Brady, Belizik (or whatever his name is) and that the Patriots are the San Antonio Spurs of the NFL but more hated. What's the best way to deal with ads, apart from browsing Sup Forums?

Love it when the owl falls on my birthday.

>Joe Montana Football
My man

shit, i don't even know about Belzik

The good thing about picking to watch on the day you are is that you'll see a bunch of ads that will only run for that 1 night during the super bowl and probably cost more to make than your entire countries gdp. Just sit back and enjoy. If you don't want to look like a bandwagoner cheer for the Falcons, who are probably the better team anyways

Ads are the ideal time to stuff your face.

but I'm not fat. Should I drink whisky instead? Will I end up drunk? can I appreciate the game in that state? what are some NFL rules a newbie might be confused by?

You have four attempts to go ten yards. Each attempt, you can pass the ball forwards once, and run as much as you want. If the other team gets the ball from you, it's their turn to have four attempts to go ten yards (in the other direction this time, obviously). If you successfully go ten yards, or more, things are reset and you get four more attempts to go ten more yards. If you reach the end zone, that's a touchdown, obviously. You don't need to know any more rules than that.

Whiskey is pretentious. Drink gin.

>Drink gin
no, grandma

the super bowl is a terrible first game to watch, its generally the worst game of the year and is ruined by pandering to casuals.

The team wearing red are the bad guys

>its generally the worst game of the year
That's an absurd statement. The last 16 years has been a run of brilliant games - the duds have been few and far between.

Well you don't have to eat every commercial, they're also good for using the bathroom, having a smoke, fapping, shitposting on Sup Forums.

Object is to score more than your opponent

>browns bengals is the real football fans superbowl

It's also overproduced and has even more commercial breaks and other delays than a normal game. If you are a yuro who has never seen a game and already are going in thinking that the NFL is 3 hours of commercials and stoppages and 13 minutes of action, the Super Bowl is a terrible first game since its 4 hours of commercials instead of 3.

And this game will definitely be a boring blowout, the Pats will have the game wrapped up by halftime, trust me. Atlanta has no chance. And I'm a Jets fan, I hope NE loses and Brady and Belichek retire after the game, but it isn't happening.

>britbong harder

>overproduced
this desu

I'd tell you to clear out your schedule for like 5 hours, but i see your flag so i assume you have nothing better to do anyway.
i watched it a couple of times and i just wanted it to end.

whos the qt?

>If you don't want to look like a bandwagoner cheer for a team you have never watched before.

Also, A FUCKING LEAF.

Alexandra Gaier