/SWG/ /FMG/ Screenwriting and Filmmaking

I'm procrastinating, I have 3 days of gurella shooting on a feature film left, just released my first trailer.
Now plotting my next move, publicity, trying to get press, but also, how I'm going to edit, sound mix, and coulor grade this 90 minute behemoth.
GIVE ME SOME MOTIVATION!!!

Didn't see one, so let's get started.

Screenwriters, this resource helped me out a hell of a lot
johnaugust.com/explore
>Crafty Screenwriting, Craig Mazin

Film Directors, go to a library, read
>Film Directing, M.Rabinger
>The Total Filmmaker, J. Lewis (yes, read it, seriously)
>Directing Actors, J. Weston
>Anything by John Grierson if you do documentary
>Film Technique and Film Acting, V. Pudovkin

Oh, and the collected interviews of Antonioni. Seriously, you won't regret it.

Nah, this is only /fmg/.

/swg/ is something else entirely

Yeah okay.

I'm somewhere in between, I have these three shooting days left, but I need to quickly rewrite a non-dialogue scene to perfection.

>re-visualize?

>rewriting a non-dialogue scene
>citing Pudovkin
Yeah, funny joke, but still you should fuck off /fmg/. /swg/ (the real /swg/) wants nothing to do with you, we discussed it all last week on discord.

Rob? Cheese? Paul? Want to chime in?

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Is that a Boosh reference?

I really want to finish my first script; I can't figure out semicolons though.

'xplain?
Punctuation doesn't matter, or rather it can be fixed. Sentence structure, visuals, character arcs, dialogue, dramatic structure, and motifs and motives are what matter, in no particular order.

Richard Ayoade is such a hansy boy.

Dude if you'd read the first ten pages of Film Technique you would have gotten it. Why are you citing books you haven't read? How embarrassing....

You completely fucked up the format you fucking idiot, Jesus Christ, I should've just made the new thread.

Go fuck yourself, we've combined.

I read it like 10 years ago.

> I should've just made the new thread.
Why didn't you?

i never understood the format, I mean... seriously it's the discussion that matters, not a bunch of links for novices.

Or have I missed the point?

I will never combine with fucking /fmg/. /fmg/ isn't even a real thing it just leeched on to the success of /swg/.

I've never contributed a single worthwhile post to /fmg/ or /fmg/+/swg/. I will always post earnestly and usefully to /swg/ until the end of time. Deal with it bro.

Would you like some pepper to match that saltiness?
Fucking talk shop, talk craft and stop complaining.

What are you working on?
Where stage are you at?
What is the current problem you're trying to fix?

>Why didn't you?
I figured it would be too late and the thread wouldn't survive long, like, I don't know where you are, but it's 2am over here.
>not a bunch of links for novices.
What's wrong with help? What if someone is interested in filmmaking/screenwriting and doesn't know where to start? And we're on Sup Forums, we're all novices.

You're one person and I don't care about you. Probably the same user starting shit in the last thread. Accept that we've combined or leave.

Glad to answer these questions in a proper thread. Make an /swg/ and we'll talk. Use the proper image and the right filename too or I'm not posting.

It's 16 posts for 4 posters right now. You shouldn't be driving away posters, I wouldn't think.

Yeah this is a total disaster. Should have remained /swg/, combining threads has just been a mess.

The only time it's been a mess is this shit thread you've made, ignoring the new format.
Besides that there's one shitposter that gets mad, but who gives a fuck? It's easy to ignore.

18/4

SIgh... let's get this on track.
Pic related is my facebook page, put up a trailer a two days ago.

Anyone have any experience getting press?
What about picking festivals? I want to be strategic - I don't care about rewards, I care about getting interest, investors, sales agents, co-production deals.

As for the project I'm working on now, I've got a draft ending, but I want to spruce it up, it's an anti-climactic thing a bit like the end of Eyes Wide Shut where Sydney Pollack wraps everything up in a nice little bow, but I want to make it like a Scorsese fantasy sequence.

then I want a opening shots, I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of something that introduces the idiosyncratic style of the film, but is intriguing enough to draw the audience in, something along the lines of we see a woman crying, and then the narrator explains "but this film isn't about her,or the orgy" and the camera pans over to the protagonist.

20/4

21/5

How do I get an original pilot made?

write about a big guy