This thread is ONLY for discussing the greatest action film of all time

This thread is ONLY for discussing the greatest action film of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7-Lxu220l9c
youtu.be/GE1M3mS77W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DREDD??

Witness me!

fucking based

>muh stronk woman feminist propaganda flick

please.

Alright guys let's talk about Terminator 2 then

that isnt Ip Man

Predator?

Man i should start some martial arts classes. I'm stuck in the wagecuck trap and don't pursue anything interesting

can't wait for the sequel next year, it will be pure keanu kino

Die Hard was here, Hard Boiled couldn't make it.

Director said Raid 3 will be 2018/2019 at the earliest, and that he wants to pursue other film projects first.

Kung Fu Hustle sure is great, isn't it?

>muh meme trolling
please

fuck off underage

Why is that always people talk about Raid Kino Dreedcucks always appear?

That movie was about two hours too long.

Glad this came up in the first 3 replies

the raid 1 is objectively better though

are you also glad to be a nu-male faggot?

yup

How's it feel to be the most insecure person on a Indonesian sailboat discussion website?

Because Dredd is objectively a better movie

>Indonesian sailboat discussion website?
nice one, reddit

Too bad no one saw it.

And no Dredd is okay but the pointless psychic sidekick ruined it.

Based af

at least it wasn't Hershey

Why did it bomb though? Surely normies can appreciate a quality action movie.

>Surely normies can appreciate quality

I've found the flaw in your post

I dunno.

Raid had literal whos and no IP with its own following and still beat Dredd despite having all the advantages.

I guess Dredd wasnt that good.

Okay, why was The Raid █ so based bros?

Good comeback summerfag

>ctrl f
>matrix
>0 results

I knew Sup Forums had shit taste but this is embarrassing

Then why didn't you put T2 as pic related?

Too ptedictable and melodramatic. Rode off the coat tails of the first too much. A fun flick for sure with good quotes, but thats about it.

Serious question, I love the Raid movies can, what western and eastern action films should I also check out?

Also:
>Few years back
>Looking for the Raid on Blu-Ray
>Walk into electronics store and as for it
>Think the employee there thought I said "The Rape" instead

No Country For Old Men

The man from nowhere/Ajeossi. Obviously watched subbed version bc the dub is as bad as the raid dub.

Can vouch. This movie is pure action kino.

The city of violence,Ong Bak,The Killer

Oh sweet, a Predator thread

The Raid did 10M box office, Dredd did 41M

But Raid had a budget of 1M due to making it in Indonesia, whereas Dredd had a 45M budget

but that pic is not T2/FR/Dredd...

The Bourne Ultimatum

Sad.

guys, can we get back on topic and talk about Kingsman?

FUCKING FOURTEEN YEAR OLDS GET OFF MY BOARD

Fucking sucks that Raid 2 din't make enough money. We may never see a Raid 3 or it'll take a very long time, and Gareth Evans doesn't get any work in Hollywood.

because it's an action movie thread not sci-fi movie thread

Raid 1 > Raid 2: Electric Boogaloo

i liked 2 better but it's way more anime

at least 1 had a semblance of realism

Evans got too ambitious in Raid 2. Raid 1's simplicity was a big part of its charm, Raid 2 is too bloated.

i concur.

>muh insecurity so i can't deal with female characters that have characteristics outside of my sad perception of women

no way if it even happens it'll be way later. originally Gareth was supposed to do Blister which I think was like a heroic bloodshed style gun action movie but that isn't happening anymore, dunno what happened, probably didn't get funding or just delayed and he's working on a horror movie now. earliest that'll come out late 2017 since it hasn't even started shooting yet and The Raid 3 is gonna reguire at least a year of prep time, the reason The Raid 2 was made made fast after the first one is that the choreography was already ready since they originally planned on making that part 2 first.

i'd say Gareth's horror movie comes out 17/18, after that he'll probably do Blister which'll be 2020 (since I think the choreography for Blister is done, all he needs is the money and he can start doing it pretty fast) and the Raid 3 comes out 22/23

in the mean time Iko has a new movie coming out this year and Tjahjanto is getting the production of The Night Comes For Us rolling

You've chosen an odd image to discuss Predator, OP.

Legend of Drunken Master is better.

they have the exact same plot and setting in case you haven't noticed

>MRAs/alt right missing the point
>femnazis/tumblr also missing the point

It wasn't about a strong woman and Max isn't suppose to be the main character talking all the time.
It was a pure action movie about a group uniting. Man and woman.

Get bent fucking fools.

Raid movies will work because they cost peanuts to make in indonesia and theres no studio pressure. Evans is purposely taking a longer break before making the 3rd one.

Was based Rama some sort of god?

>Sup Forums still triggered by Fury Road.
lmao.

Very good film technically but Theron and Hardy were horrible.

First Raid is decent, second one is shit

MOAR

I thought it was a movie about women being idealist fucking retards and needing to be saved by a man.

I agree, it's a fun cheesefest but not the best action movie.

It edges it out

Evans said he was taking a break before it even came out, and they're still popular in Indonesia, so it's totally possible.

Raid 2 edges it out for me, it had DAT CAR CHASE, better aesthetics, and an excellent yet economical story.

>a forgettable capeshit fight scene
ewwww fuck off you pleb

I liked the first one better. It had that Die Hard thing going for it, and I love that shit.

this doofus is the worst part of the raid movies.

wasn't this in the first one?

It was but don't tell the feminists that.
You can look at it as we need each other to survive.

>TFW they only made The Raid because they lost funding for Berandal. When proven successful, they retconned the front end of Berandal to marry with the end of The Raid and essentially picked up where they left off. Even the greatest hand-to-hand fight scene of all time in any movie ever, the kitchen fight, was 100% choreographed before The Raid was even a thought.

The reason Berandal is GOAT is because it takes all the brutality of the first movie, notches it up, and removes the claustrophobia, giving the film a scope we rarely see in action movies. "Overbloated?" Hardly. If you look at all the powers at play in the movie, it necessitates all of the characters and interactions, which gives the film some real drama outside of simple survival. This is a masterstroke. Pepper that with some truly awesome action set pieces, one of the most kinetic and intense car chases EVER, brilliant framing and camera tech, ruthless brutality, and, again, the undisputed king champion of all 1v1 fight sequences committed to film, and you have what may be objectively the greatest action movie ever made. Well, besides T2, but that's a different discussion for a different time.

Yea, fucking plebs liking the first one more and thinking these one is shit.

This is still the best fight scene from both movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-Lxu220l9c

God tier martial arts movies both of them.
I hope Gareth keeps making his shit for ever in Indonesia without getting corrupted by the studios.

I still liked Raid 2. I just like the first one more because I liked the claustrophobic feel it had.
But whatever. I guess I'm a pleb.

What? The main character?

>ywn watch these movies for the first time again

Fucking sucks man, and there won't be any action films that compare for a while.

Sorry but the greatest action movie of the decade is Universal Soldier Day Of Reckoning
youtu.be/GE1M3mS77W4

Nah man. Not at all.

>how can it be bullshit to state a preference?

Gotchu senpai.

whoawhoawhoa...that movie is fun, for sure. and the sporting goods store fight is pretty intense. but greatest of the past decade?? yeah. right. it has some great moments, but it tends to drag, not to mention that the plot is only marginally original, and sloppy and convoluted in its execution. it wins mad points for its creativity within an otherwise HUGELY mediocre (at best) series, but it's hardly the GOAT.

He's up for some DCEU film

>plot.
This is visual medium.

What a dumbass.

NEXT!!!

Underated post

why dc fans have to ruin everything, nobody likes your stupid movies go to Sup Forums

yes. hes a fucking goober. him not being the focus 99% of the time is part of why raid 1 is so superior

That isn't predator

feels like a capeshit movie

wtf guys

The man from nowhere?

Predator
Die Hard
Terminator 1

McTiernan was on his own class.

Kingsman is absolutely terrible though user. Awful in every conceivable way and boring to boot.

What did McT have to do with terminator?

my nigger

Nothing you fucking autistic nigger

Now just hire the raid guys to amp up MOS 2 beyond infinity for the battle scenes. I want to see supes and branic fuck shit up in an epic final battle.