Why does nobody like Finn?

Why does nobody like Finn?

badly written character

Best character in that movie.
Force Awakens 2 needs more of him and less of literally every single other character in the first movie.
Also more scenes of Darth Whoever smashing consoles with his burning cross.

Just a weird character.

First thing he asks Rey when he sees her is if she has a boyfriend. What the fuck? And this was after he betrayed his people. All through the movie he displays moments of brilliance when all he was, was a fucking janitor.

Also didn't really find him funny. Needed other supporting characters and even then he was mostly used as a punch line.

I like Finn well enough.

I don't like Rey that much.

Po is God tier.

OP's image had more impact for me than when Rey grabbed the lightsaber.

Nigger

Sup Forums hates him but Sup Forums loves SW7 because it's a good movie

He wouldn't stop lying. If it weren't for Boyega's charisma he would have ruined the whole thing.

This.
I would have loved it if Finn was the new Jedi than Rey.

He was likeable, actually.

I'd prefer neither of them be Jedi and Finn just picks up the lightsaber for the first time and gets shitrekt but gets better at using it in conjunction with other tools like a blaster over time.

>First thing he asks Rey when he sees her is if she has a boyfriend.
No he doesn't, you fucking moron. The first thing that happens when they meet is she calls him a thief and hits him.

He doesn't ask if she has a boyfriend until after they've gone through a typical star wars escape sequence and then stop to talk about each others' motivations.

To put it into perspective, he lasts longer before asking Rey if she has a boyfriend than Han does asking Luke if he thinks Leia would be interested in a guy like him.

I personally enjoyed how quickly she slapped his ass repeatedly into the friendzone whenever he tried to get close
It was pretty refreshing compared to the usual romance bullshit they shoehorn into movies

Well yeah, I'd rather neither of those shitty characters being the main, but if I had to pick between the two, Finn would be my choice.

I appreciated that by the end of the movie it was clear Rey x Finn would be the norm.

I really hope Episode 8 isn't ruined by bullshit will they or won't they romance drama. I'd rather they just get solidly set up and then give us some cute progression scenes to break up the tension once in a while and nothing else. Too many movies try to cheaply make drama out of relationships that aren't needed for the story.

I liked him better than Rey and kinda wish the story was centered around him

You're all going to a firing squad

>Rey x Finn would be the norm

What made you think that?

It doesn't seem to be setting up anything between them. It looked more like Finn and Po would fuck than Finn and Rey.

Which is what should happen btw

Most people did.

Rey has most of the typical "gotta have it or it won't be Star Wars" tropes, so much so she's basically a weird blur of "Jedi from a desert planet like Skywalker, ace pilot and mechanic like Solo, willful free spirit woman lead like Leia" - she's like a fan character self-insert where she tries to be as good as the main triagonists of the original trilogy.

Thus, they had much less obligatory, prescribed lines for Finn and thus more room for his actual character, personality - and face it, John Boyega's charisma - to show.

>Finn and Poe
I ship that shit so hard
I really hope they make it happen

I liked Finn and I feel he got royally screwed in the movie by looking like a complete jobber.

>Rey sets up his shot on the Falcon
>Needed Rey to save him from tentacle monster
>Gets beat by a random trooper with a shock stick
>Doesn't get a kill on the First Order planet
>Gets completely wrecked by Kylo
>Is unconcious for epilogue

Everything he does in the movie is to make other people look better.

>What made you think that?
Their obvious attraction, plus Disney not having the balls to risk their profitable franchise on a homosexual relationship to pander to some SJWs.

>but omg Finn and Poe hugged once
Why is that more relevant than Rey kissing Finn while he's in a coma, and tearfully swearing they'll see each other again?

Finn and Poe should be a bromance. Not every two men who touch without saying "no homo" are gay.

Point is he asks it at an early point within like 5 minutes of meeting her.

Also Han benefits from how he is portrayed from the get go in that his only interests are money and ladies. So it doesn't seem out of place.

>Gets beat by a random trooper with a shock stick
You mean when wielding a weapon you have never been trained with and have no idea how to use, you might lose against trained experts?

>Their obvious attraction

Fuck are you talking about they wrote them zero chemistry or attraction.

>Rey kissing Finn while he's in a coma, and tearfully swearing they'll see each other again
Absolutely nothing romantic about that.

He only uses the lightsaber when he's lacking a blaster. When he picks up a blaster, he immediately stops using it.

He gets bonus points for being the only stormtrooper who can fucking shoot straight. Maybe that's why he didn't want to kill the ayys in the village in the beginning - because unlike the others he knew how to actually aim at them.

Rey didn't know how to use a blaster and headshotted a trooper right away.

SHIIIIIIIIIEEEEET

>Absolutely nothing romantic about that.
While excitedly brohugging a guy who saved your life and you thought dead is sexual as fuck, right?

Poe and Finn have great chemistry, I just reject the notion that any time two male leads get along, it's going to lead to a homosexual romance. That's retarded SJW bullshit. Men can platonically bond with one another, in fact, it's something too often missing from modern fantasy.

>Men can platonically bond with one another
So can men and women, like in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

The one universal fact regardless of time, galaxy, or dimension, is that a kiss to the forehead is an instant lock in the friend zone

I kiss my girlfriend on the forehead

i love finnkino

>she will never kick you in the balls while calling you a good boy just fuck my but up senpai

As it should be. Lightsabers aren't blasters, most people can't just pick one up and use it with any real degree of proficiency, let alone against a trained force-sensitive.

>Rey didn't know how to use a blaster and headshotted a trooper right away.
Blasters are literally point and shoot. They're no harder to use than firearms are. I don't even have to use "The force did it!" to explain that one, they're just not that hard.

Lightsabers require specialized technique, training, and possibly even force aptitude.

Gonna go buy some cheeseburgers and rewatch the movie, it's comfy time my friends

friendzone does not exist, nu-male cuck

>some
fatty

Finn was great in this movie, he actually had a character arc and clear motivations. He was also pretty funny and easy to relate to, since despite being a highly trained soldier, he's still something of a scrub and somewhat out of his depth when dealing with galaxy-spanning plots. Only character who really feels like a real person, and he doesn't let his scrubness get in the way of being useful and badass when he needs to be, so he doesn't become insufferable.

Contrast every other character, who don't really act like people. Luke, for example, goes from a farmboy who bitches at his aunt occasionally to blowing up a moon-sized space station, saving the galaxy and killing hundreds of millions of people, in like two days with nothing more than a "meh". Also he doesn't manage to make his whining entertaining, unlike Finn.

Nobody likes the movie. Even the shills here say it was "okay".

I like it.
Whatcha gonna do bout it?

the only finn that matters

>Nobody likes the movie
kek

>why does nobody like Finn

Only Sup Forums doesn't, and even then that's just the stormfront poofs

He's a good character, even with some of his negatives.

He's at least better than Mary Sue: the Character

kill yourself pedo faggot