What is the best Pink Floyd album and why is it The Division Bell?

What is the best Pink Floyd album and why is it The Division Bell?

First time I heard it I was on shrooms, it was magical

animals

Meddle. David gilmour is a mediocre song writer

Um.. Try again sweetie

dark side of the moon

anything else is contrarian hipsters trying to be different. It's ranked as one of the greatest albums of all time for a reason

This, in my humble opinion.

That said, High Hopes never fails to bring on the feels.

>Final Cut
>a Pink Floyd album and not a glorified Roger Waters solo album

Um.. Try again sweetie

Nah he's a great songwriter. Just a shit lyricist.

Better than the glorified Gilmour albums that followed.

no problems there. Asking what is the best floyd album is like asking what cut of steak is most delicious

The Wall without a doubt.
My favourite band of all time, listen to it everyday.

Great album but not the best. I think pic related is their worst.

dam'n kids

That solo in Sorrow though..

fine.

It's Animals

Meh.

All of their albums are magical when you're on shrooms

animals is one of the few albums I have on vinyl because you can turn it on and it is worth listening to start to finish. Partially because it only has like 5 songs but still

pic related is their worst, not even Gilmor liked it

>Pink Floyd
>best

choose one nigguh

Yeah that's definitely one of the weaker ones. It's kind of a guilty pleasure of mine tbh. Can't fucking stand MLOR though.

I like Learning to fly and on the turning away, but other than that it's pretty standard.

I'd argue for Wish You Were Here; Shine on You Crazy Diamond et al is easily my favorite Pink Floyd arrangement, and one of my all time favorite songs.

That said, I enjoyed Endless River. It was the definition of Floyd mellow.

Wish you were here

I wish pic related was more polished. I think they wrote and recorded it in like four days.

Dude he played the same solo in like 30 songs. All of the music he wrote sounds the same

I'd just wished for Floyd to end with something more exciting.

this

At least he has melody, unlike Rogers whining bullshit dirges.

Fair point

It was essentially a tribute piece to Richard Wright, composed largely of off-cuts from TDB.

When you look at it like that, and less of a complete album in its own right, it makes more sense.

Its actually kinda funny because all i know about 80s politics in the UK comes from the final cut. Apparently people disliked magaret thatcher alot

Come on now

Worst pink Floyd
>ummagumma

>Apparently people disliked magaret thatcher alot
Liberals did. You'll eventually figure out that all politicians are disliked by a lot of people.

I like Narrow Way. The rest is garbage.

First time I heard it was at the peak of my first acid trip. 180ug

I thinks that's why for me at least

Dude the live album is fucking lit what are you talking about!!!

You know we're talking about the studio album.

Its a two record album. You cant say ummagumma is bad wothout saying both are bad. You shouldve said the studio side to ummagumma

careful with that edge, Eugene

Your kidding yourself if you think anything is better than Piper.

everyone who disagree is just Rodger Waters samefagging. Ignore Rodger posters , hide Rodger threads

Not crazy about the bullshit fairytale lyrics. Still a great album.

>Sydfag

Not alot of Pink Floyd discussion goes on there

The best Pink Floyd album is The Division Bell because it is mentioned in a Nightwish song.

Of course Roger didn't like it. He has admitted to not listening to contemporary music since the late 70s. The guy is fucking tone deaf, and his latest work suggests that he might be literally deaf at this point.

Atom Heart Mother: Amazing. Love the irony of a shit-tier cow on the front with a god-tier song as the main theme.
The Wall: I utterly LOVE this album but it is very overrated, just like The Dark Side of the Moon, which I also love a lot.
The Final Cut: Sad album, not quite memorable but still a great album, I love listening to it right after The Wall.
Animals: O r g a s m i c. Also Meddle, which is pure genius.
Wish You Were Here: Also a really sad album, screwed up by splitting Shine On You Crazy Diamond in two, like.... wtf, imagine if they had done that to Echoes or the Atom Heart Mother suite?
The Division Bell: ii just fucking amazing, love it.

I still need to listen to The Endless River.

Because you're not a musician.

>I still need to listen to The Endless River
I wouldn't recommend it. Very unsatisfying and incomplete effort on their part. They should have just stuck it in a box set with everything else.

Piper is an acquired taste, since murrican's can't relate to the whimsy that was still being marketed like hell for half a century and was just starting to fall off in the 1960s. When you take that into account, Syd Barret whipping it up like he did is pretty fucking awesome. Syds guitar work seems all crazy jibberish, until you try playing it. And the fucking unpredictability of changes and shit... there's a lot more going on in Syds songs than the slightly cracked nursery rhymes.

I mean jesus, listen to Bowies first album. ...shit listen to pretty much any album coming out at the time, then put Piper on, and it's pretty fucking great. Also, find the early singles, + Scream Thy Last Scream and Vegetable Man, and if you can scrape it up, the Committee. Syd was fucking out there.

Had he had modern instruments and recording tech at his disposal, just imagine the output of that mind.

Nice

Wearing the Inside Out is the best song. Feels all over.

They did a really interesting rearranging of this song in Live in Gdansk you might like. It's Richards final performance.

Oh and Echoes was fucking insane at that show too

>What is the worst Pink Floyd album and why is it the Division Bell?

Ftfy

How has pic related not been mentioned yet??

Obscured by clouds is my favorite then meddel then animals

Obscured by Clouds is so underrated.

Bump