Is this the only good harry potter movie?

Is this the only good harry potter movie?

Seems like the only one where the main characters feel human.

that's not deathly hallows part 1

>1 & 2 is your average kiddie fantasy
>3 is decent, even if the ending kind of a cop-out
>4 is good, nice setup for the villains
>5 is boring, aside from Sirius death
>6 is the best
>7.1 is great
>7.2 feels like an anti-climax

Deathly Hallows part 2 feels like a disappointment for me. Snape's death & revelation is great, but the final fight is such an underwhelming ending after everything.

I don't care so much about Half-Blood Prince at first. But re-watching it, i realize it's much better than i once credit.

That said Deathly Hallows Part I is still the best and most interesting for me

That ones garbage. It leaves out all of the flashbacks that tell you exactly why voldy is so fucked up.

No, this is the worst HP movie desu senpai. Which makes me extra salty since HBP is among my favourite books.

Its very good but so are deathly hallows part 1 and azkaban. hbp is purekino though its dreary and dreamlike atmosphere is top. only literalfags hate

Nice taste

3 is way more than decent and I didnt like dh2 that much originaly but last time I watched I enjoyed it more.
Dh1 is definitly better than dh2

Personally for me
3>7.1>6>5=8=2>1>4

>ignoring the best one

Waiting for the ultimate edition. Can't wait to see Columbus back in the saddle

>7.1>4>7.2>3>1>6>5>2

>4>anything let alone 3 and 6

Goblet of Fire was one of the closest to the books. Especially the last half hour when Voldemort is brought back to life in the cemetery and the fight.

4 is enjoyable, eat shit.

>being a bookfag
>not caring about batshit directing
>thinking plot and not tone is a good adaptation
>gladiator tournament and the shining part deux are like the wizard olympics in the books
>gof is a good adaptation (1 2 3 7are better)
Look I enjoy it but the directing is bad and everything improves with yates. If you like 7.1 and 7.2 you should like 5 and 6. 5 and 6 blow 4 out of the water. 4 is normie tier. Idziak and Delbonnel were so much better than the guy who dp 2 and 4. GoF is just a mess the acting was much better in Cuarons and Yates. Moody is great the film isn't its a flick

5 is fucking terrible for a film. It's the best book but absolutely horrible, but slightly better than 2, which is boring as fuck.

I like 7.1 7.2, 3, 4, 6. 1 is decent and well made but too kiddy for me. 2 and 5 are shit.

That was 10 min they butchered the third task although it fit the film at that point because Newell was consistently nuts

5 has grown so much. It captured thr uneasy tone and its very solid. Its paced well like most of the films and the last hour is great and the climax is good. The bool had a lot to be cut. The ending actually gets me pretty good. It was better than the books I think 5-7 were better than their books. Its much better than 4. Boring is a bad critique. I like all of them but I think most are better than goblet

>It captured thr uneasy tone
lol
>and its very solid.
lmfao

and the rest of your judgement of the movie, lmfao 5 is horrible for a film.

It's the best book though, very well written and complex.

7.1 remains the best film though, slightly better than the book version.

You keep saying its horrible but not why. It did everything it needed to from thr book to eork on its own. They can be different they are supposed to be since film is a different medium. The films are standalone or complementary to the books. 5 is expressionist 6 is gothic and 7.1 is orwellian. I love 7.1 and I liked goblet of fire a lot in theaters but on rewatches I think 5 is directed shot and acted better though I wish they didnt cut 40 min of footage but sometimes less is more
Should have kept the brain scene the filmed it.

>it captured thr uneasy tone
>lol
It had a brazilian feel and umbridge was a complete bitch. The series is great

If any movie is boring, it's fucking 7.1. About an hour of them just camping in the forest. It's a good movie, but would have been better if they cut half an hour or so.

Kya seriously with this boring meme.its cringe

They were in the woods for a while in the books the film lets everything breathe its very brooding.

>film has nice character moments for the trio
>wants to cut 30 min from a 2hr20 min movie
No please

I loved the washed out scenes. It was the only one that felt like it wasn't trying to be a kids movie

the only one? they all have a different feel but 3 and 7 and 5 werent kiddy really

someone should make some deathly hallows part 1 grids. I would post mine but idk if they are good

HP6 is the movie least like the book it's based on, and since that book happens to be the worst of the series, this means the movie is automatically one of the better movies

How do we rate the movies for Essential Lunacore?

HP1-4 are excluded
Fantastic Beasts is (or will hopefully be) an honorary member

1 - 8/10
2 - 7.5/10
3 - 8/10
4 - 7.5/10
5 - 7/10
6 - 7/10
7.1 - 6/10
7.2 - 8/10

Fight me.

Just wanted to also confirm that DH1 is the best

I wish DH1 had been a travelogue instead of a Harry Potter movie

>Any Hairy Pooper movie/book
>Over 6/10

You might have shit taste in media, user.

>not appreciating wandkino

kys you complete idiot, this board discusses 90% garbage hp great

Wizard's Hall movie when

No need when youre wrong on every level

Philosophers Stone
Flick 7
Movie 8
Film 8
Kino 6

Chamber of Secrets
Flick 8
Movie 9
Film 8
Kino 7

Prisoner of Azkaban
Flick 9
Movie 10
Film 10
Kino 10

Goblet of Fire
Flick 9
Movie 8
Film 7
Kino 6

Order of the Phoenix
Flick 9
Movie 9
Film 9
Kino 9

Half Blood Prince
Flick 10
Movie 10
Film 10
Kino 10

Deathly Hallows Part 1
Flick 9
Movie 10
Film 10
Kino 10

Deathly Hallows Part 2
Flick 10
Movie 8
Film 8
Kino 8

Not them but I no sir

made it quick for you guys

They are all good movies, some are more mature, some are more action driven... they are definitely all more good than bad.

alternate

God, you're a fag

Prisoner of Azkaban > Half-Blood Prince > DH Part 2 > Goblet of Fire > DH part 1 > Chamber of Secrets > Order of the Phoenix > Philosophers stone
You know I'm right.

>shot of dobby on the beach not included

mate...

DH Part 1 better than D1 Part 2
both are good.
DH Part 1 better than Goblet of Fire
Chamber better than Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix netter than Goblet of Fire

theres too many shots to be honest someone needs to make a big one, my bad

Maybe, but ultimately Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

get a better tv mate it looks good things can be different.

cinematographers
1 - Australian
2 - UK
3 - New Zealander
4 - UK
5 - Polish
6 - French
7 - Portuguese
8 - Portuguese

GOF=GOAT

no its really really not it has lots of issues

I'm going to attempt a marathon of all of them. I have nothing to do atm