GOAT MOTY

GOAT MOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MPkVSHOacXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it will never have a betamax release.

lol
But really what did you think of it, user? I 'get' the criticism that it's characters are poorly developed, but the story was told so beautifully that the imagery almost transcends the plot. People forget that its not what your movies about, but how it's about it.

>tfw boner during necrophilia scene

MOTY

>That's some real hard candy, know what I mean?

What did he mean by this?

i dug it

why was he even in this movie?

REAL LOWLITA SHIT

same

Do you think Refn browses the deep web? Does he have Tor installed on his computer? I noticed that line too.

Room 214, runaway girl from ohio?

Reminder that it was Dean who tried to get into Elle's room, and raped the 13 year old.

>MOTY
Nah. But it was good.

it's a well-known euphemism

Is it really good? I have mixed feelings on todd. Great performances and characters, but his movies make me feel bad.

Who was dean?

The first photographer.

proof of this?

A movie with amazing visuals, lighting, music, and costumes but little to no plot whatsoever.

Sounds like every Indian movie I came across in my life.

It was literally one of the worst movies i've seen in my entire life, and you faggots complaining about capeshit
i better watch civil war & bvs on repeat, than this piece of shit in my entire life
refn is one of the worst directors alive right now

Daniel Winding Refn is even weirder than Quentin Tarantino.

REAL LOLITA SHIT
E
A
L

L
O
L
I
T
A

S
H
I
T

subtext

Go to Google and image search "The Neon Demon Posters", his name is right next to Elle Fanning's.

Long story short, if it has Keanu Reeves written on its posters it will make money.

literally not an argument.

it's bad but not as bad as capeshit

any worthwhile analysis on this movie yet?

Girl is pretty and gets attention, other girls are jelly and want to kill her. The End.

Haven't watched Civil War yet so I can't judge it, but BvS? Nope thanks.

>When aspiring model Jesse moves to Los Angeles, her youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty-obsessed women who will take any means necessary to get what she has.

>mfw I was going to make this exact same post then couldn't be bothered

ily user

>spoiling the entire plot of the film

Yay thanks

>analysis
seriously, refn shoves his symbolism so hard in your face that it's pretty impossible to not understand what he's trying to say

That's symbolism well done, unlike Lynch which tries too hard and becomes too deep.

>speculation is proof

You work for the press or something?

It's taken word-for-word from the movie's blurb. It's another Refn movie where practically nothing actually happens and it does so very slowly.

No, but why does Refn spoil the plot.

But there is no plot. Also it's only really a spoiler if you've seen the movie.

It's called wordplay, at first viewing you don't think it's worded literally

refn's symbolism feels tryhard "omg look how deep i am" kind of symbolism. sometimes things are better left open

i did enjoy the movie though

>alive right now
Made me think.

>All these faggots who didn't understand it and resort to the "all style, no substance" fallacy

You fucking fags, here's a clue:
OGF was about masculinity. TND is a bout feminity.

Cause Lynch's "lmao read the lynch wiki for 10 different theories" and Lynch never having confirmed a single one is truly the better choice eh matey?

Would you let her eat your blood?

Why would any artist ever 'confirm' fan theories about symbolism and meaning in his work? Art is meant to be interpreted, not to have the creator tell you 'No, here is what it means.'

cause lynch doesn't have a theory, at least for inland empire

no, leaving things open ended better suits the style of his. it's the whole point infact. i'd prefer symbolism that is something between these things. we're talking about extremes here

my original point was that refn's symbolism is rather blatant (and you seem to agree) so i don't understand why we're having this conversation in the first place

oh god please yes

>lynch
>too deep

refn dicksuckers everyone

Who is this neon demon?

Who was the neon demon?

Jesse.

Lynch fans interpret meaningless symbolism. Lynch admitted he didn't know what the fuck he was doing. He's a fraud, revered by clueless critics and pseudo cinephiles who probably don't know much about surrealism in cinema. Refn is miles ahead above him.

B E S T G I R L

Well i mean refn has always talked about being as ambiguous as possible when it comes to his 'symbolism' I want to hear other people's interpretations to see just how ambitious neon demon is towards harbouring subjective meaning the two anons who simply replied with a description of the plot are either b8ing or retarded.

>Lynch admitted he didn't know what the fuck he was doing.
>Refn is miles ahead above him.
i remember there being an interview with refn about the neon demon and him blantantly explaining how him and the actors worked with a very loose script and tried to interpret his own symbolism. the neon triangle thingy doesn't have any meaning, it's just there for visual eye candy for example.

everything has meaning you fuckn sperg

ywn

>as ambiguous as possible
ehh, not too sure about that.

>meaningless symbolism

Many schools of criticism would hold that there is no such thing, and that all elements of a film are subject to critique and analysis, even if the director later admits it was a mistake or he had no idea what he was doing. The art has a life of it's own outside the creator's head. Also I don't think Lynch literally said 'I don't know what the fuck I'm doing' in regards to film.

Gigi was best waifu that wasn't Elle. Prove me wrong.

Man, Bella Heathcote is great.

bump

>Bella's reaction

wtf, did he just rape her?

Love Refn's kinography but even for me putting his initials next to the movie's title was a bit too much.

this.

The couchis real and elle has been on it.

I bet Refn's wife watches.

was she taking a selfie when they kissed?

It's meant to look like a perfume commercial:
youtube.com/watch?v=MPkVSHOacXk

She was pretending to be on her phone so she didn't have to deal with it. Notice how she's on her phone only during the exact moments of kissing.

>Many schools of criticism would hold that there is no such thing
Many schools of criticism consider modern art as a valid and accomplished art form. Many schools of criticism would try to extract meaning from a piece of shit like pic related.

Not an argument

>Beauty isn't everything. Its the only thing.
>So are you gonna tell me that it's what's inside that counts?

BASED as fuck.

I'm on MDMA and 30 mins into this movie right now. Just got to the scene where pedo photographer made lil Elle strip for him. Now he is stroking her with some gold chalk or some shit.

I think he's literally painting her with chalk.

What's going on here?

Well you didn't provide one in the first place, mister Molyneux.

Jesse. But then Sarah.

Actually it may not actually be chalk it might actually just be gold or something

Is this movie supposed to be an analogy for the casting couch or something?

basically only god forgives with women

no

GET OFF ELLE SHE DOESNT LIKE THAT

Your waifu would rather fuck literally any woman than she'd fuck you.

>those meatflaps
Disgusting

So why did she have a dream about Keanu deep-throating her with a knife?
Was he the one who raped the girl in the next room?

That was the thing I didn't really understand.

>this is a 10/10 according to Refn

KEK

how are we supposed to take this movie seriously if that troll is supposed to be the looker, is it 2deep4me? hahahha

it literally looks like she has a lil willy

i always knew lynch was a numbskull

Jesse's peculiar beauty comes from her virginity.
That's why she rejects Ruby and Dean. She's deeply afraid of penetration. The motel owner is a sexually agressive male, he's different from Dean who still wants to fuck her but is also sweet and kind, he's scary.
He was certainly the one who raped the girl in the next room. That dream was also foreshadowing Jesse's own rape which is why she reacted quickly and locked the door as soon as she heard him.

this is snyder-tier trolling, gg

This movie is absolute dog shit.

Bean

>OGF was about masculinity
No, Drive was about masculinity. OGF is about emasculation.

Kill yourself.

I turned this movie off about 90 minutes in. I couldnt stand it anymore.

I wish you idiots would stop pretending its good just to seem 'patrician'.

>no story
>shit story
Okay, this is very important question. Before i even buy this, does Elle get lewd at the very least? Nude, nipple slip ect.