BLACKGAZE

Now that the dust has settled, what's your opinion on blackgaze?

>the 5th best xiu xiu album at a 10
for what purpose

>Oathbreaker
>4.5 stars

I like Sunbather

No I don't like black gays

Thanks for reminding me of Oathbreaker user. I enjoyed Eros|Anteros quite a lot, but forgot about them afterwards.

Garbage for faggots who do not like black metal but want to pretend they do

Go listen to post rock, faggot

transcandental black>blackgaze

This.

>listens to Mayhem once

Great band. Rheia is less crusty than their earlier stuff, but still great.

No. I like a lot of abrasive black metal, like Barathrum, Carpathian Forest, Revenge, but they have a completely different appeal than blackgaze. Also, you're stupid.

I prefer Liturgy to Deafheaven, but I strongly prefer Oathbreaker and Alcest to Liturgy. Liturgy has some interesting ideas, but I think they have yet to really do those ideas justice. Every Liturgy album sounds like a pale hint at what they could potentially achieve, but I'm still waiting for them to deliver.

This post is cute desu :)

/thread

nu-male: the genre

Sunbather has more reviews and ratings than any black metal release ever, including FIlosofem.
Yet all the reviews say how "this is the evolution of black metal", "black metal elitists need to get over it and accept the future".

Coming from those who don't even listen to black metal, or have ever.

Do you need to eat shit a lot to know it's fucking shit?

No, that's why I tend to stay away from blackgaze at all

You seem to be eating shit 24/7 without realizing it.

Well you sure did miss the point there

You quoted someone who explicitly said they listen to black metal, can you even read? Take a breather from the spergout for a minute

>Well you sure did miss the point there
Laughable

There is over 200 reviews, the sentiment repeats

If they're saying that, they're doing so out of ignorance of Alcest. I definitely don't think this is the future of black metal because it doesn't have much appeal to metalheads. The future of black metal has to be aggressive and abrasive, because that's what appeals to the fanbase. But I do think this is an interesting direction for indie music, and I do think it's a natural progression for atmospheric black metal, since it's essentially following bands like Burzum and Ulver, only using clean production and guitar effects instead of just fuzz.

I like it. I really love shoegaze and I really love black metal.

Good atmospheric BM is Summoning and Paysage d'Hiver, which sounds nothing like this indie rock

Summoning came out in the mid 90s and are a contemporary of Burzum, you edgy dork

Burzum is good too obviously, but you pretend it has anything to do with nu-gaze

this is the only right answer and the only people dissenting are people who have found a token black metal band to tout out that they like to justify why 99% of their "metal" listening is to acts that don't make metal music

like we officially have a generation of huge "black metalheads" who have never heard (of) Bathory, Beherit, Hellhammer, Sodom, Sepultura, Venom, Celtic Frost, Sarcofago, etc. 'cause they were weaned on shit blackgaze and then got memed by Sup Forums and other online forums into thinking second wave is old school black metal

Burzum is clearly a major influence on blackgaze, as is Ulver. That means blackgaze bands are influenced by them. It doesn't say anything about Burzum's relationship to blackgaze. There's a good chance Varg has no idea blackgaze even exists. Nu gaze is completely irrelevant to this thread, it's an entirely different genre. You appear to be confusing yourself, and it seems like you're completely lost and know very little about blackgaze or black metal.

It's not even proper BM though, hence the name not having "metal" in it, it's just a subgenre or a spin-off or whatever. Is that not good enough for you metal purist autists?

I got into blackgaze LONG after getting into Bathory, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, etc. You're ironically fronting some bullshit purism, when it's obvious you yourself know little about the genre. Sodom isn't even black metal, they're a thrash band that influenced black metal. If you're going to bring them up, you might as well talk about fucking Kreator, or any dark thrash for that matter.
Sepultura had one proto-BM album, so holding them up as an example is a joke. You're an embarrassing edgy teenager.

>he thinks first wave black metal was a unified sound

sorry that your wikipedia education on black metal failed you so poorly

Blackgaze is repulsive trash
It's not because I hate anything not metal, but because it's disgusting and everyone who likes it is a disgusting person, as one can witness through viewing a deafhaven concert.

I don't think that's the case, the reason Sunbather has more reviews is because shit like Burzeum, Darkthrone, Dissection, Emperor, whatever other classic BM band you can think of have all released albums that are considered classics in the genre so new reviews don't really add much

It has more ratings
Also, that didn't stop 200+ reviews for filosofem to happen, sunbather simply has more.

Calling Sodom a first wave black metal band is a huge stretch. You're clearly projecting your own insecurity over your own lack of knowledge.

There is some blackgaze I like a hell of a lot, but a lot of blackgaze is absolutely generic and bland. But I guess that's true of most genres.

Deafheaven is literally the normie black metal band, but I guess I'm not surprised you'd be repelled by normies.

What are you talking about? Black gays are the only acceptable black people

thats exactly my point, you can see it on a lot of older albums on various review sites - newer albums have a lot more reviews than older (ie before the website existed) ones

It's ratings, not just reviews

Take two p cool genres, mash em together to get something entirely mediocre.

It sucks.

Doomgaze>Blackgaze

i have seen alcest live, fucking amazing performance. lead singer was so humble too :)

He seems like a really nice, thoughtful guy

That actually sounds neat. Recommendation?

Alcest are great live and Neige is a cool dude.
Jesu -s/t
Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
Planning For Burial - Leaving

I enjoy blackgaze, I'd consider it to be more shoegaze than black metal, though.
The genre has a massive fog of stigma surrounding it and I hope it doesn't die out because of that.

Woods of Desolation's Torn Beyond Reason is pretty sick.

Why does blackgaze trigger metal fans so easy?

I was promised black gays and got something entirely different.